1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody else actually feel better after this game?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Sep 24, 2007.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Maybe I'm crazy but I saw my Offense start to function (Obviously there are still some bugs to get worked out with LT and Norv). Rivers bounced back and played an unbelievably good game. Our WR's showed up and accounted for themselves well. VJ alone started to show that he may become the Michael Irvin of this group (No not hookers and blow!) The line started to get some push for the first time this year and Jeromy Clary finally showed me what the Chargers must have seen in practice, this kid can block and he may be the reason Olivea is playing RG next year. The secondary played a hell of a game. They gave up about 3 bad plays when Farve threw the ball 45 friggin times. Without the big time pressure we should be applying, Farve had too long to sit back and throw which gave his boys time to get open. Even when we got pressure and hit Farve he still completed the passes. There is only two reasons we lost this game, Brett Farve throwing bullets better than anyone (How much ice was his arm in after that kinda game?) and we didnt get the first down with 2 1/2 minutes to play (Should have done a TE screen to Manu for the first). Our team is getting on Track. Norv is finally learning how to use our team effectively. We have a little more work to do with the D, but Cottrell and Rivera will get it done. Most of us said this wasnt another 14-2 schedule. I predicted an 11-5 season for us and I think we are headed in the right direction to get there now. We have 3 straight games againt the AFC West which mean way more than these games, so lets get out to the Q this week and support our team and kick KC's ***!

• Like Like x 2
  2. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    To me, this was our best performance of the season including the win over the Bears. We looked like we had a little bit of a clue at times. The offense was much, much better with Rivers getting settled in somewhat.

A know a win is a win, but the stopping the Bears offense is nothing to get cocky about. Any balanced team should beat the Bears. They are lucky they are in the AFC or they wouldn't sniff a Super Bowl.

Jammer played a pretty solid game so that was a bright spot for the secondary. I didn't see Flo getting used. He got away with one penalty & made some plays. Cro made some decent plays and looked better than he has in the past. If he caught his INTs that would be nice. The starting safeties can both go straight to oakland as far as I'm concerned. Weddle didn't have a great game, but he was better than the starters.

Overall compared to NE you have to feel better...then again the competition was not as strong. At some point we have to compete with the Pats to win anything important. I'm tired of killing the weak teams then going sub-.500 vs strong teams.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Our offensive play calling got exposed. Our lack of defensive schemes to get pressure on the QB got exposed. Our safeties got exposed for being brain dead idiots. Our OL can't hold blocks. Our DL can't win individual battles. Our returners can't make the first man miss.

Nope. I don't feel better about this game than any other game.

4. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Better....I don't know...Maybe the better word is "optimistic" ...

I still think we look like we are playing our vanilla O and D from pre season.

TBF

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
  6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Had we won I'd have felt better.

7. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Well I wouldn't say it's time to celebrate, with hookers an blow, quite yet... but I totally agree that this team is getting back on track, our play on sunday def. helped the morning beer go down.

The fact that that our young guns cro and buster steped up is a huge reassurance that we will be back on track, 15 for 15 by rivers was dope, the catches made by our WR's great, and the fire and heart we showed counts a whole lot.

I am soooo sick of reading all the negative posts... just shut up already, no marty won't be back, no brees won't be back and no we won't be 16-0 deal with it fairweather fans, as a matter of fact the more people hop off the bandwagon the better, 2 losses one win, is decent we can be back at .500 after owning the chiefs and go from there. The only win that matters is in the post-season we are back on track just in time to win the games that really count KC, DEN, and OAK... not the ones the stupid media wants to hype, but never the less the one that really matter.

I know we took a step back, from last year but sometimes thats what it takes to take 2 forward, We have the rest of the season and we all are here for the same reason, to support our bolts, so man up quit crying about our losses, and lets focus on the positives, our offense has unlimited potential and our D hopefully will stop sitting on thier hands soon and we will be rolling again...

:icon_toast:

8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    No I don't feel better. :no:

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Losing sucks and I for one was not ready for what we have all witnessed. Cottrell is HORRIBLE and this defense is playing with no emotion or intensity among all the other problems. I spent enough years watching a loser and I'm not about to do it again.

Fuc AJ and I think it's going to be a struggle all season.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Exactly!!!
    Especially when there is absolutely no reason to have a loser on the field and every reason a Super Bowl contender should be on the field!!! :mad:

12. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +331
    defintely better than after the NE game...at least the team half assed looked like they cared if they were even on the field or not.

they have a LONG way to go and a short time to get there.

concerned? yep. panic? not yet.

13. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    We were promised an attacking defense - and actually saw one in the first series. After that we returned to mediocrity and let Favre expand his legend at the Chargers expense.

Pretty sure this team is good enough to best KC at our house - but with what we are calling Cottrell's defense I'm not so sure about going to Denver as I was...

We can't win shoot-outs - not by being soft over the middle (not a new thang) and not by giving up 31 points. It ain't gonna hoppen.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Cottrell does need to show an attacking/blitzing/aggressive defense and really jump on his players, same goes with Hunter in the OL

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I never feel better after a loss. In fact this one feels worse, because they had established an offensive flow that took control of the game and then turned around and started paddling up stream. So far the new schemes look like a million dollars -Green and Wrinkled.

16. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    What he said x 2.