1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody else miss Lo Neal?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by dad2lna, Sep 17, 2008.

1. dad2lna

dad2lna BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Its been a while since I have made a post so I'm a bit rusty. Does anybody else miss Lo Neal? Is it possible that the decline in our running game has come from the loss of Lo Neal?

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Nope, don't miss him at all. Great guy and leader, but Tolbert has so much tremendous upside. Run, catch, fast and young. I like Lo, but dude had alligator arms. Miss his leadership and enthusiasm. But he was past his prime and time to move on with the younger dudes.

3. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    No, why?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    In a word - no. Give it a few more weeks, work McNeill and Hardwick back into the starting lineup and our running game will be there. Have to admit I am surprisingly pleased with the job LJ and Newberry have done though - AJ did what he had to do to cover the first 3rd of this season with a pair of moves whose "magnificence" are only now being recognized. :icon_toast:

OBTW, I no longer say "oh no not again" when PR tosses the ball to our FB... ;)

5. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Lo Neal was my boy last season and I appreciate all he has done for the Charger organisation and LaDainian exspecially.
    I was really sad when the changing offense philosophy brought him out of San Diego. I don't think that he would have created a better team. Yogi Tolbert has adjust very quick and seems to become a more allround Fullback with speed. The lot of injuries by main players are biting into the minds mostly the defence. Against Panthers LT has had 97y that's not bad and in Denver he laborates with a sore toe.
    Expect our running game explode when others are trailing to us.

6. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I will always be a fan of Lorenzo and wish him all the best in the rest of his life, but no... I think the running backs we have now are very very good and, in that position at least, make us better than we were last year.

7. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    not after tolbert caught a pass and took it that far

8. dad2lna

dad2lna BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I have tried like crazy to sit and watch a game but have yet to see a whole one. I haven't seen his replacements yet hopefully this week I will get the opportunity to do so. most of all I was just wondering how we were fairing in the FB position.its good to see the prospects look good

9. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I don't see a decline in the running game.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Me either but imagine how potent we'd be with a healthy LT!!!

LT gets healthy and starts being LT again... we'll tear them ALL apart!!! :yes:

11. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    That better be soon because if he wants to retain his title and silence the critics he's going to have to put 200 in at least 2 games this season. AP and Turner don't look like they're going to slow down.

12. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

He doesn't have to silence any critics. He's done enough in his career, and now all he needs to do is help contribute to a Superbowl run. Individual stats don't mean anything to him anymore.

13. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    NO!

14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  15. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I understand. (and before i say what i have to say note that there is no other player that i admire most than LT)

Before the season started LT look determined, determined to shut up everyone who criticized him in that AFCCG (including some of our fellow bolttalkers). I really thought he would put up 2000 yards this season and regain MVP but that has not been the case. Ladainian usually never got injured before last years playoffs and now has been injured for 4 games. Maybe it really is a coincidence that he injured his toe (and i understand a rb needs to cut and therefore a toe is important) but regardless I don't see the same intensity that i was expecting. He made at least 3-4 commercials during the summer and I'm like "oh man he's making commercials (including the kimbo ones) he must be ready to go". That has not been the case. I really hope he returns to the old LT, the one that wouldn't run out of bounce, the one that would bring the team back (2006 bengals/broncos and 2007 titans), the one that would juke out 3-4 defenders with one move. The one that would run every play like he was trying to get in the end zone regardless of the field position. I really want him back. Get well soon Ladainian .:unsure:

16. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I miss his toughness. But that's about it. I think he would of took on the donk defenders and try to get a TD instead of being ran out of bounds like Tolbert was. But having said that this is Tolberts first year and maybe he's a little cautious. I think Tolbert can catch the ball way better than Lorenzo could. So to make a long story short NO!

17. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Although I loved watching LoNeal hitting people, Tolbert has taken any reservation about letting Neal go away from me.

Also, I see no decline in our running game. I only see a very unfortunate decline in LT's running game. Lucky for the team Sproles has taken up the slack that LT's toe has caused.

18. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I think they miss P88F more then O'Neal :icon_rofl:

19. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I just miss the toughness LT used to have...
    I understand going out of bounds once in a while, but if you can make a cut inside and maybe hit a player to get in the endzone, give it an attempt... don't just run out of bounds...

20. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I miss Lo because I loved his heart, his leadership and his skill. In that sense, I will always miss him. We were lucky to call him a Charger.

I don't miss Lo because Tolbert has been great and has some serious potential. He gives us not just a strong fullback, but another running threat too. LT, Tolbert, Sproles and Hester all have a different style and upside - the offensive possibilities are endless.

21. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Yeah, I really miss those one yard pass plays.

Please.... get real. Tolbert is way better than Neal.