1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody else totally uninterested in this Superbowl?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by in_a_days, Jan 24, 2008.

1. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I think I'm going to go ice fishing in leu of watching the game. I don't know if it's a reaction to our exit, but I can't seem to drum up a shred of interest in this game; may as well be an exhibition.

NE will probably complete their undefeated run, which isn't going to do anything for me. And in the unlikely event of a NY upset we have to watching that POS Eli win a SB?

No thanks. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Watching paint dry anyone?

My wife(from Wisconsin and a GB fan) and I have zero interest in watching the SB.

I think I might actually just get a movie to watch on the new plasma.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't care to watch it but I hope the Patsies win.
    Like I said earlier "this is like choosing if you'd rather have gonorrhoea or chlamydia."

I think the Patsies going undefeated is easier to fathom than Manning Jr. holding a title!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    Yes.... totally disinterested.

I got rid of my sports pack with my cable company as soon as the Chargers exited. Then I found out the BBC (yes the BEEB imagine!!) are going to show the game live. This is the first time American Football has been shown on the BBC ever!. And yet I might prefer to be in bed than watch it.

The worst thing about it is I don't want either team to win. Had the Packers made it then I am a cheesehead for 2 weeks but now nah, couldn't give a monkeys. :no:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Background noise while I project around the house.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I'll record it for posterity's sake, but I won't watch it live.

I'll probably go out to the theaters and see several movies.

7. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I have no intrest and I am torn over which outcome I would prefer.....but I am leaning toward NE also. I will read about it on Monday.

8. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    :yes:
    Me :yes:

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I haven't decided yet. Depends if I feel like drinking that day.

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Snowboarding... and then I'll be in no hurry to get home and watch this one.

11. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Very little interest from me. But I'm torn..do I want the Pats to fail going undefeated or do I want Eli to lose? I guess I'll go with the Pats.

12. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Nope, the CHargers are my passion, but I am a football fan also, I'll be hosting a rather large party :icon_toast: :abq2: :icon_party:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Little to no interest... but only because it is difficult to cheer for either team... The Pats, not because they beat us, but because they already have 3 bowls in the last whatever years, and this will only make their fanbase more obnoxious... :tdown:

The Giants, if only She-Li weren't the QB, I could root for the upset, but after going over and over, intellectually, then gut feeling, if he wins, he has some vindication of his decision to diss San Diego. Not to mention, it may make his bid for any HOF, mostly due to his last name. (daddy)

After final, analysis, I will probably loosely watch the game, and hope for a decimation of the Giants. The reason being, She-li getting embarrassed badly in the bowl, will make it seem like he had no business there... not to mention, people can claim Pats vs Bolts was the real bowl.... and ultimately the Pats most likely will win, so you might as well have She-li get blown out, instead of a close matchup.

The only redeeming thing, Seau did say nice things about SD after the championship game, so that adds another .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of favor for a Pats victory...

If any other two teams were in the Superbowl, I could easily have someone to root for, against etc....

FOUTS :icon_party:

14. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Absolutely. I have no interest in the game whatsoever. But as luck would have it, my wife's best friend is throwing a Super Bowl party, and she really wants to go so I said yes. They have never thrown one in all the years we've known them, sucks that they picked this year to start. :tdown:

To make things worse, her husband is a total dork, we just don't click at all. I am making my wife drive so I can have mucho cerveza and try to avoid conversing with the dorky husband and his dorky friends.

That is one of the disadvantages of being a really cool guy. There are A LOT of people who I do not enjoy hanging with. :icon_sad:

15. rapscallion

rapscallion BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    I actually know someone who usually has a Super Bowl party every year but cancelled it this year after last weekend! They're Packer fans and not sure why, but they both hate the Pats and Eli too, so they decided they didn't even want to watch the game this year. So it's not just Charger fans who won't be watching.

16. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    "Ill watch it, but i wont like it!"

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Zip. Zilch. Nada. :tdown:

18. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I will not be watching the super suck I mean, bowl.

19. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    I think I'll brew a batch of beer, maybe a stout and let it age until next year when the Chargers are in the SB and I can drink it then.

20. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I’ll watch but, the only way I’ll pull for either team is if Payton’s lit’ sis pulls a sphincter muscle in the pre-game warm ups.

I hope the commercials are good.

21. pulherst

pulherst BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1

I know the feeling. When the Pats aren't in the SB, I'm just not into it. I really think that most teams need to take steps to get the SB and you're very close.

22. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    It'll depend on the weather, on what movies of interest there are yet unseen, how caught up I am in my reading, what I have on hand from netflix, whether or not a certain woman is in town or whether or not I choose to go to a watering hole that has the game on. I have no rooting interest in this game whatsoever.

23. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Going to a SB at my brother's home. I'll eat, drink, and be merry and might catch bits and pieces of the game. Not looking forward to the game, itself, as much as I have in the past... Still looking foward to the commercials and the half time entertainment. So I guess all is not lost. :icon_shrug:

24. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Seau needs to suck up to the Chargers. The Spanos' threw him a great retirement party, then Seau gave them the finger and signed with NE a couple days later.

I'd be shocked if we see a "Junior Seau day" at a Chargers home game within the next dozen years.

25. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    agreed.

moooooooooooooooooooooooo

26. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Then bring it to a 'gater.:tup:

27. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I have to admit, I’m not interested in any of the hype around the Super bowl this year. But, I’m addicted to watching football, so I plan on watching the game. I don’t like either team; I hate Eli on the one side, and the whole Pat team on the other. Seau is still on my S**T list. He will remain there until he really retires and goes into the Hall of Fame as a Charger! I felt the same way about Dave Winfield when he went to NY; when he went into the Hall of Fame as a Padre, he redeemed himself.

28. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Totally ignoring any and all hype - FORK 'EM!

29. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Send in Jed Clampett to fork em all!

A curse on both their houses foshizzle!

30. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Really couldn't care less about the SB this year, but will watch it hoping to see Brady get his leg broke:tup: