1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody see the Head Ref on NFL Network?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Sep 13, 2007.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Trying to see if the Head Ref was on yesterday like he normally is to go over the disputed calls from the weekend? Did anybody see it? Did he go over our play on the 1?

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    He didn't.

He said the ref blew the call in the Bengals Game, and went over one in the Donks Game that won them the game. I don't recall the rest off hand.

3. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I did, he didn't.

He went over the bs pass interference the Ravens TE got at the end of thier game, he said righty they should be let play at that point, I am ok with any decision that leads to a Ravens loss.

I forget what else he went over, I know it wasn't ours. The problem with our play is that a call can be reviewed but not a non-call. Once the refs missed the infraction, no matter how much we can prove and rant and rave no matter no call, so it is what it is. All and all it put us in difficult position which in "championship" fashion we handled and came out on top! GO BOLTS, KEEP IT UP!!!:bolt:

4. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Damn, that Rich Eisen is slipping. He usually brings up calls that were very questionable if it isn't covered.

5. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    He brought up 2 pretty controversial calls .. I just wish he had done a 3rd. They also talked about the Spying stuff so time might have been an issue.

:icon_shrug:

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I was surprised to see him say that if a ball hits a camera wire there would be a re-play. Isn't that what happened with Scifres' punt that bounced up and hit the Bears player giving us the ball back?

7. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    yes but no one realizewed that until Sci-Fi talked about it after.

And he did it on purpose, he's just that good!:tup:

8. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Do you guys really need the head ref to invalidate that call? Sports radio out here in Chicago doesn't even think the call was correct. That show is interesting for discussing controversial judgement calls or discussing more obscure rules.

9. mizzouchargerfan

mizzouchargerfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    In all fairness to the refs, it is easy for us to see the play because each shot is right on the qb, but the game moves a hundred miles an hour, with that said, I put tape on my remote, I think it will still work, got fix that hole in the wall though:lol: