1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone been to the Metrodome?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by tboltzcali, May 20, 2007.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Im looking for ticket prices and saw that they start at 25 bux for upper level...
    Anyone been here that can give me some info?

• Like Like x 1
  2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Been there for a Twins game so I'm not sure how it is during the football season. What exactly are you looking for .. Information wise?

3. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    Need to know more about the seating. IF all seats are good. Where not to sit. Tailgating info. All the good stuff.

4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    y0 im planning on hitting up that game too with my brother and my friend, lemme know whattsss up we can tailgate it up

5. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I am planning on making this my roadie for the year as well.

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Sorry, never been there bro.

7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I've looked at a few sites for tailgating just doing some research. Apparently there is a large area for tailgating but it is where they are planning on building the new Twins stadium. So, there is a chance that tailgate area won't be there .. Tailgating is addressed a little on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubert_H._Humphrey_Metrodome

I'm not sure about good seats vs bad seats during a football game. But, it does seem like most would be pretty good. For baseball especially, it seemed like you were very close to the action so I think the same would be true for football.

8. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I live in here in Minneapolis but have only been to one football game in the 4 years I've been here. My seats were up in the rafters but I don't recall the view of the game being that bad. I'll see what I can dig up on tailgating, etc. I definitely plan on going to the game.

9. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    Here is some helpful info i researched...

1. Tickets as of now are as cheap as 25 bux ea. Ima wait until the season starts to see if they go cheaper. Minn isnt going to do much so Im assuming they will.

2. Flights from San Diego to Minn are roughly about 250 RT.

3. Hotels are running around 100 bux a nite.

Im planning to make this trip with a bud of mine. Hopefully we can all get together. Not sure about tailgating. It will be hard getting a grill and cooler there.

4. Maybe we can all purchase tickets at the same time off the same website to guarentee same section seating.

10. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I can handle the grill and cooler.

11. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yah let me know when ur going to get them so we can try that

12. HBBoltGirl

HBBoltGirl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9

from link - The Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, usually simply called The Metrodome or The Dome, and often nicknamed the Homerdome [​IMG] (even though in reality it is no friendlier to the long ball than average[2]), is a domed sports stadium in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. It replaced Metropolitan Stadium, which was on the current site of the Mall of America in Bloomington, and Memorial Stadium on the University of Minnesota campus.

13. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    That was posted at Chargers.com. Hopefully it will help any of you looking for tickets to the Viqueens game.

14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    If you all hook up, please post some pics!

15. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    Definitely will. It should be fun. I think there will be a good amount of charger fans. Anything over a 100 in Minnesota should be cool. Gunna be nothing like SF last year.