1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone catching the Pats game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 21, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Apparently they were up 28pts at the half but still threw the ball seven times to score another touchdown

They're up 42-7 and have not even remotely eased up or put in back ups.

Am I the only one who thinks the Patriots have lost their ever loving mind?

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Pats w/o Tom Brady = Matt Cassle INT returned for Touchdown.
    Chargers w/o Tomlinson= Michael Turner 74yd Touchdown run.

:)

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    looks like they finally though put their back ups in

My complaint was primarily that before the half, up 28pts, you throw the ball 7 times and still get another TD, that just seems like overkill

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    They look like they are on a mission to issue a huge, gigantic "PHUQ YOU" to everyone in the NFL for beating on them regarding the suspensions, Belichick, etc.

It seems they want to not only win the SB, but pretty much own every single season record (except maybe rushing) they can.

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    **** the pats.

6. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Florida International put up a good fight there in the second half.

Let the Pats do their thing. We keep winning like we have the past two weeks and, trust me, they won't want a whiff of us in the playoffs.

7. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    To be honest... I have Brady and Welker on my fantasy team, so I wish they'd have kept bombing, but they pulled them out. Amazing... they are just an amazing team... and I HATE them.

I guess you could say I'm a HATER.

8. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    No, that's too early to be taking your foot off the pedal. It's good stratedy to end the game early as possible, then rest your QB.

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    TK is right. They played the right "stratedy" considering how much time was left.

10. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Belichick spot played his lower end depth chart players from the git go.

Brady had 5 TD passes in the first half...he is on track to throw 61 at this rate.

BTW...the bride and I went to the Fox Sports Grill in the Irvine Spectrum Center to watch the game. The place is usually pretty well full, and last week it was overflowing for the Cowboys-Pats game...this week with the Chargers having a bye week, the place was virtually empty except for the OC Pats Fan Club.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Tom won't break the record simply because he doesn't play in a dome. That doesn't mean that he isn't a better QB than Peyton.

Gonna be fun seeing how this year unfolds. :yes:

12. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Brady has averaged 4 TD passes through the seven games. He needs 21 more to tie Manning's record of 49...that's an average of 2.3 TD's per game to tie...he needs 2.4 per game to break the record.

If they stay healthy who knows what they can do. When Morris comes back, and Watson comes back, and Troy Brown comes back, and Richard Seymour comes back....ouch.

The Brady-Manning shootout should be something.

13. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    He better increase that to 3 TDs per game so he can coast the month of December. It is often more difficult to throw TD passes in cold, windy, rainy, snowy weather that is frequently prevalent in December/January in the Northeast.

14. gobigblue

gobigblue BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Again I have to ask, how will a passing team like the Patriots do once Foxboro hits the low 30's? I'll concede that they'll probably have home field advantage throughout the playoffs but as you've pointed out, they don't play in a dome. Hmmmmm...."Air Coryell" was grounded big time with the Freezer Bowl in Cincinatti!!!

15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    My thoughts exactly Thumper. But dammit, they look unstoppable right now. But then again, so did Indy that one year they were 13-0 and we ended that streak. If we play NE like we did against the Donks, we have a chance. But dammit that NE team looks damn good. I hate them too.

16. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    You can't run up the score in the first half. Plain and simple.

I hate watching the Pats because it pisses me off all the players they went out and got to improve that we could have used, but we sat on our hands thinking we had the best team in the world. Think of what this team would look like with Moss, Welker, Stallworth and Thomas. WE might be fans of the hottest team in the NFL instead of listening to more Pats ***-kissing.

17. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    The Pats are playing out of their minds right now. Too good in fact. So it's going to be sweet to see them fall on their faces in the playoffs. It will be just as big of a choke as the Mets blowing a 7 game lead.

18. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    It'll make the blow all that much harder when we knock them out in the playoffs. Karma is a *****!:icon_toast:

19. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Certainly big talk...but the fact is, this is not only the best team in football, but also the team with the most playoff experience.
    If this team stays healthy, it's going to be hard for ANY team to beat them in the playoffs...especially with home field.:icon_party:

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :yes: That's the only "IF" that has any chance of derailing them at this point. Injuries are the great equalizer.

• Like Like x 1
  21. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    While I agree that the Pat-mania is pretty nauseating, I am not sure I agree that the Chargers should have stepped up for any of those free agents. Clearly Moss is en fuego, but that is a big surprise. Most people, even in NE, thought that move was a risk. Welker had his stint in San Diego and didn't show much. Doesn't sound like the Dolphins were too enamored with him either. I think it was generally accepted that Stallworth was a good receiver, but on the south side of the age curve. Thomas was clearly a great pickup. Overall, I think the Patriots are just a great team from top to bottom and are really clicking with chemistry. I don't believe any team will go undefeated again, so it will be interesting to see if all that camaraderie remains intact when they face a little adversity.

22. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Maybe Brady will slip and injure his vagina. :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  23. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Gotta agree with you. They are a well-oiled machine with a good mix of veterans and young talent, playing as good or better than any team I've seen in my short 22.

Can they be beaten? Sure. The Chargers have the better roster, especially if the Chambers addition pans out. But the Patriots have proven that they're the more mature side, with better focus and attention to detail.

The Bolts need to grow up and play together if they want a prayer of beating New England (three turnovers to start the game won't cut it). In my opinion, if the championship game is in Foxboro, the Chargers are the only team in the NFL with the personnel to take down the Pats.

24. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  25. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    As for Moss, the big reason the Pats were able to get him for only a 4th rounder was that Moss was willing to accept a much lower salary, and thus cap hit, to play for the Pats. I don't know if he would have done the same to play for the Bolts.

We got Chambers, and I figure AJ's reasoning is that giving up a 2nd rounder for the best WR on the Dolphins is better than giving up a 2nd and 7th for Miami's #3 WR in Welker.

Stallworth is New England's #3 WR in terms of production, and is being paid $3.6 million this year. His numbers after this year skyrocket though, as he's due a $6 million roster bonus in Feb 2008 and other monies that make him paid $11 million next year. I'm not sure AJ would have agreed to that.

26. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :yawn:

27. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Maybe someone will do to Brady what the Pats did to Losman. Hey, it's only a $12,500 fine to take him out. Give the Pats some of their own cheap shot medicine.

• Like Like x 1
  28. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    That's what I posted on the UT forum. The Pats keep running up the score and some defensive player out there is going lose it and be willing to take the fine and maybe even possible suspension to "help out the other teams" and bring the Pats down to earth.

However, from reading the FinHeaven board, Ted Ginn was burning the Pats secondary all day and had Cleo Lemon been a touch more accurate with his timing and throws, Ginn could have had a huge day. Instead of 3 catches, 37 yards, Ginn was inches away from having 5 catches, 130+ yards, and at least one TD.

That could have been in Belichick's mindset after Cassel threw the pick six and let the Dolphins within 14 points with about 10 minutes to play.

29. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Before the start of this year, I would have agreed that our roster is more talented...but now, I don't think so. It's probably very close.
    In a game against the Pat's, I think it might come down to which QB makes the fewest mistakes, and which coach is better...we lose on both counts...but stranger things have happened.