1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else sick of hearing about Favrah?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am tired of seeing him, hearing him, hearing about him, etc...

I used to have a lot of respect for him, but now he is acting like a spoiled brat IMO. He retired. Now he wants to unretire and have everything handed to him.

He doesn't even want to compete for the starting job! IMO that tells me that he doesn't feel he can beat the youngster out!

IMO Favre needs to STFU and go grow something on his farm in Mississippi.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm at the point now I wanna see him in a wheelchair, drooling all over himself and being fed through a tube, because he didn't know when to walk away.

3. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Favre = Drama Queen

Where's that rate on the Pussification Scale?

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
  5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I think he's being flat out stupid!!!
    He's got/had it made. He is the biggest icon Green Bay has ever had and will have. Not to mention, a major NFL icon.
    In Green Bay... a real estate agency would give him a free house, local restaurants would give him free meals, limo services would drive him around for free, bars would get him drunk for free, night clubs would give him V.I.P. treatment, etc. Not to mention he'd make **** loads to make appearances and sign autographs.
    Even other NFL cities might give him some of that treatment.

If he were willing to come back to Green Bay for NFL minimum and take back up to Rogers, I'd applaud him but that's not the situation.
    There for, I ignore him!!! :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Agreed- he's blowing it big time, at least in Green Bay. Granted, he's probably always going to have that benefit (Look at Johnny U in Baltimore), but prior to this, he was a walking Gawd in GB. Now, he's that much more human. If the rumors about him talking to Minny turn out ot bear fruit, that rep is going to take a bit of a nosedive.

Imagine Danny Fouts having gone to the Raiders to end his career! :no:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    lol. If that's true than he's beyond stupid!!!!
    If he decides to come out of retirement and play in Houston, the fans in Green Bay will probably let it go but Vikings, Lions, or Bears... "Dee Dee Dee!!!"

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    its completely off that scale
    Favre is a pain in the *** and needs to go away and be quiet

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    My wife is a huge Green Bay & Favre fan and even SHE is sick of this story. Like many others, she just thinks it's Rodger's time.

Plus, it turns out that Favre hasn't been all that truthful either. He recently said that the Packers GM (Thompson) forced him to retire. That's BS. When Favre decided to retire, he left SI's Peter King a 4 minute voicemail explaining why he was retiring. In that voicemail, he said that NO ONE was forcing him to retire. Peter King told this story yesterday on NFL Network.

Bye Favre. You've just blown away your credibility.

10. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Favre is such old news to me, I got sick of it two years ago.

11. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Favre also said that he offered to take a pay cut so that they could sign Randy Moss.

Uh, that's not 100% accurate.

Favre offered to take a salary deferment, not a salary cut.

salary deferment = Taking $4 million a year instead of $10 million ($6 million a year less) for the next several years, but getting that $12 million or so back later on. You still get the same amount over 4 or 5 years, it's just shifted around.

salary cut = redoing your contract so that you take just $4 million a year for the rest of your contract. That's it. Nothing at the end. You actually get $12 to $18 million less over the remaining time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    BLASPHEMER!!!

13. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Just trying to put this in perspective. Obviously, it worked.

14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Yeah, nice try by Bret to spin it.

His legacy is taking more dings every day. Even packer fans are getting fed up with his act.

They should move this saga to the divorce court channel.

15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    He also is burning bridges by openly blasting the GM and the fan-owned Packers organization, hoping his "god-like" status in Wisconsin can overcome any negativity and get him what he wants.

Favre should ask Donnie Edwards how well that works....

16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Farrah who? :unsure:

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He'll be wearing purple & white soon ......

18. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Yeah man, I am sick of him. It will never end though. This is going to be obnoxious all season long, and then next year and probably the year after that.

19. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Mark Chmura Thinks Packers Are Holidng That Selfish Brett Favre Hostage

Last week, while the Earth stopped orbiting the sun as Brett Favre decided his future, former teammate Mark Chmura offered up his unsolicited opinion on the whole sordid ordeal. According to Chmura, who's apparently relevant somewhere, if you don't think Favre is the most selfish person on the planet, you're fooling yourself. Duly noted, sir.

And today, Chmura defies the odds and goes for more than his allotted 15 minutes of fame: he has more thoughts on the Packers and Favre:
    "Well, you know it didn't have to come to this," Chmura said. "You wish the two sides could have sat down and ironed out their differences and come together to talk about the situation. It doesn't look like that is going to happen." ...

"My point is this: The Packers clearly don't want him back. If you don't want him back, don't hold him hostage. Which is what they are doing. Release him or trade him. This is so unfair."
    You know, just in case anybody cared what Chmura's thoughts were on the matter. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Don Walker writes that Chmura and Favre, once chummy during their playing days together, have grown apart since Chmura was charged with sexual assault in 2000 (he was acquitted in 2001).

The two haven't talked in years, but former Packers center Frank Winters serves as an intermediary for the two. You know, it's just like a high school romance but exactly different.

Whatever, Chmura thinks the organization is holding Favre hostage, despite his unbelievably selfish nature. Got it? Got it.

OK, every one under 16 into the jacuzzi!

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Brett has played and held the entire packers
    Organization hostage for
    Five years with his constant crap about Maybe retiring and maybe not. Brett lost my respect back in 2005 whn he held this goinghe knows he can get away with anything so Damnit he does it everytime. Only now the packers
    Finally got
    Brett to say he's done and Brett has to prove that he's a bigger
    Egomaniac then I ever thought possible.

Brett screwed Brett and
    I have no sympathy for him

21. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    What is up with your post format? Haiku? :icon_tease:

22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ganja...

23. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Who the hell is Favrah?

Isn't he that guy that runs around naked?

24. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    iphone-ku beyatches

25. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I agree Conman. I'm sick of hearing about FARVE (that's how his name should have been spelled). JUST RETIRE ALREADY!!!!

26. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    It was a slow sports day for the media yesterday so Brett was on ESPN, ESPNEWS, NFL Network and even Fox News.

I wound up watching National Geographic channel last night.

Yes it's disgusting and pathetic. Go away Brett you have a beautiful wife at home. :tdown:

27. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    My guess is posting from his iPhone. :yes:

28. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Brett is a sad panda

[​IMG]

29. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  30. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443
    yep..he gave his ball up and now he wants it back..he sounds like a big whiny baby.....but.....I'd cheer for that whiny baby if he played for kc.......:lol::icon_shrug::icon_tease: