1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else superstitious?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by dad2lna, Sep 18, 2007.

1. dad2lna

dad2lna BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I have always been a little superstitious i possibly have a ocd though im not sure. They go as follows i cant dvr or record the game in any way, i have to play madden the day of the game simulating the game, i cant wear any chargers gear the day of the game and as i found out friday i cant watch the game live. I usually work untill 930 on sundays but my boss told me to go home and enjoy the game yeah i will not do that again. im sorry guys i failed to observe any of my superstitions on sunday and look at what happened.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dad2lna

dad2lna BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    come on guys dont tell me im the only one thats willing to man up about my grid iron quirks. What rituals do you guys have?

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I wish you would not have asked this question. ****...**** ****.

For the first time in my LIFE, I wore a jersey (RIVERS). One of the posters here bought me a Rivers jersey (thanks BDH) and I wore it for the very first time. I swore I would never wear any jerseys because that is just a superstition of sorts I have. I can wear Chargers T-shirts but a wearing a jersey is bad mojo. Well, I wore the Rivers jersey and we lost. Fuc.

Plus, there is a Chargers teddy bear (be quiet) that is suspended in the bathroom that I must have mental contact with (like a Vulcan mind meld) and wish each other a good game (I did not do this) and we lost. Yeah - my Chargers teddy bear. :lol: When I forget to do it, we generally lose (no ****). :icon_evil:

4. dad2lna

dad2lna BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks trumpy i thought i was going to be the forum freak ;) and on this token I PROMISE to bust out the madden 08 and rush for 250+ yards on the cheese heads and pass for atleast 300 yards I will not DVR the game and will not wear my gear they will win! but if someone doesnt adhere to their superstitions i cannot and will not be held accountable next time. Sorry to dissapoint I AM A *******

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :lol: :icon_toast:

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    For the first time since I purchased the NFL ticket (several years ago), I didn't sit on my *** all day. Instead, I chose to go for a long ride (mountain bike) up in the hills and try to burn off some of my excess nervous energy. I should have known better... next time I'll make my bloody mary's early and down at least two before the morning games start. That way I'll be incapable of getting on a bike and pedaling for hours.

Sorry guys... I screwed it up.

7. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Boltcash has caused the Chargers to lose

8. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard FORMER Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,439
    It's the new unis. Look ugly, play ugly.

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,673
    Dude...I hear you about the DVR thing. I was recording the Cincy game last year and stopped when we were getting pounded. As soon as I turned it off...well...we all know about the comeback.

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I usually wait until Sunday Morning to put up my Charger Flag in the front yard, but this week I was so amped I put it up right before I went to bed on Saturday Night. Never again.........

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I don't consider myself even slightly superstitious. :no:

HOWEVER last year when we played the Bangles I was stucked listening to the game on Sirius 'cause it wasn't televised here in Vegas. And I swear to God every time I turned it on within fifteen seconds the Bangles would score a touchdown. You can all thank me for turning the game off and helping deliver the victory. :lol:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Well I scratch my nut sack every morning in hopes that I won't have jock itch for the rest of the day.

Does that count?!!!! :lol:

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I sit on the couch with my Chargers bear Pigpen & watch the game wearing a powder blue LT jersey. Last week I wore my new Jamal powder blue - never again .....

14. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Don't worry too much. I stopped wearing my blue Brady shirt after losing last year to the Colts and then the Jets. I put it back on for the Jets game and again last Sunday.

I went through the 3 SB's without gear, because I always thought I jinxed the team when I wore gear. We'll see. Twice I wore it, and twice they won. I'll wear it against the Bills Sunday at the Fox Sports Grill in Irvine.

15. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I blame everyone in this thread for the Chargers loss.

16. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I bet all my boltcash on the game? :icon_shrug:

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I never watch without a drink in my hand.

18. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,109

nope, your the only one

:lol: :lol: :lol:

19. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I only have one football superstition. And I got it from my grandma (Yes, my grandma is an avid Chargers fan) and she would always, always say that I should never talk about the upcoming game in ways suck as "We're definetly going to win," "Your team will lose badly" or anything along those lines. Now I didn't last year, but for the first two games of this season I became a trash talker of sorts :unsure: And (even though we one our first) we sucked both games.

20. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    your grandmother is right ..

i want to mention that the trouble that i might haved caused .. most know that i was a lil ercked about having to be at my nephews b-day party instead of being at home on my couch to watch the nfl sunday games .. well most of the afternoon i was sitting out on the lawn chating it up with my family .. i go in the house to grab me another beer from the fridge i noticed the raiturd game was on and when my dad had told me that these phucs were putting up a good game i then said to my pop "i hope the raiturds upset the donkos" walking out the door with a fresh brew in my hand !!! what i am saying is i ( dont ever ) say i hope the raiturds win !! i and a bunch of you others probablly thought the same and with that we phucking screwed our focus :tdown:

ps. the raiturds are at home against the browns and its a sure bet on who i/yourselves are gonna root for !!! go cleveland browns .. :icon_toast:

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!