1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else superstitious?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by dad2lna, Sep 18, 2007.

1. dad2lna

dad2lna BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I have always been a little superstitious i possibly have a ocd though im not sure. They go as follows i cant dvr or record the game in any way, i have to play madden the day of the game simulating the game, i cant wear any chargers gear the day of the game and as i found out friday i cant watch the game live. I usually work untill 930 on sundays but my boss told me to go home and enjoy the game yeah i will not do that again. im sorry guys i failed to observe any of my superstitions on sunday and look at what happened.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dad2lna

dad2lna BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    come on guys dont tell me im the only one thats willing to man up about my grid iron quirks. What rituals do you guys have?

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I wish you would not have asked this question. ****...**** ****.

For the first time in my LIFE, I wore a jersey (RIVERS). One of the posters here bought me a Rivers jersey (thanks BDH) and I wore it for the very first time. I swore I would never wear any jerseys because that is just a superstition of sorts I have. I can wear Chargers T-shirts but a wearing a jersey is bad mojo. Well, I wore the Rivers jersey and we lost. Fuc.

Plus, there is a Chargers teddy bear (be quiet) that is suspended in the bathroom that I must have mental contact with (like a Vulcan mind meld) and wish each other a good game (I did not do this) and we lost. Yeah - my Chargers teddy bear. :lol: When I forget to do it, we generally lose (no ****). :icon_evil:

4. dad2lna

dad2lna BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks trumpy i thought i was going to be the forum freak ;) and on this token I PROMISE to bust out the madden 08 and rush for 250+ yards on the cheese heads and pass for atleast 300 yards I will not DVR the game and will not wear my gear they will win! but if someone doesnt adhere to their superstitions i cannot and will not be held accountable next time. Sorry to dissapoint I AM A *******

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :lol: :icon_toast:

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    For the first time since I purchased the NFL ticket (several years ago), I didn't sit on my *** all day. Instead, I chose to go for a long ride (mountain bike) up in the hills and try to burn off some of my excess nervous energy. I should have known better... next time I'll make my bloody mary's early and down at least two before the morning games start. That way I'll be incapable of getting on a bike and pedaling for hours.

Sorry guys... I screwed it up.

7. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Boltcash has caused the Chargers to lose

8. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    It's the new unis. Look ugly, play ugly.

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Dude...I hear you about the DVR thing. I was recording the Cincy game last year and stopped when we were getting pounded. As soon as I turned it off...well...we all know about the comeback.

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I usually wait until Sunday Morning to put up my Charger Flag in the front yard, but this week I was so amped I put it up right before I went to bed on Saturday Night. Never again.........

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I don't consider myself even slightly superstitious. :no:

HOWEVER last year when we played the Bangles I was stucked listening to the game on Sirius 'cause it wasn't televised here in Vegas. And I swear to God every time I turned it on within fifteen seconds the Bangles would score a touchdown. You can all thank me for turning the game off and helping deliver the victory. :lol:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Well I scratch my nut sack every morning in hopes that I won't have jock itch for the rest of the day.

Does that count?!!!! :lol:

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I sit on the couch with my Chargers bear Pigpen & watch the game wearing a powder blue LT jersey. Last week I wore my new Jamal powder blue - never again .....

14. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Don't worry too much. I stopped wearing my blue Brady shirt after losing last year to the Colts and then the Jets. I put it back on for the Jets game and again last Sunday.

I went through the 3 SB's without gear, because I always thought I jinxed the team when I wore gear. We'll see. Twice I wore it, and twice they won. I'll wear it against the Bills Sunday at the Fox Sports Grill in Irvine.

15. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I blame everyone in this thread for the Chargers loss.

16. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I bet all my boltcash on the game? :icon_shrug:

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I never watch without a drink in my hand.

18. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

nope, your the only one

:lol: :lol: :lol:

19. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I only have one football superstition. And I got it from my grandma (Yes, my grandma is an avid Chargers fan) and she would always, always say that I should never talk about the upcoming game in ways suck as "We're definetly going to win," "Your team will lose badly" or anything along those lines. Now I didn't last year, but for the first two games of this season I became a trash talker of sorts :unsure: And (even though we one our first) we sucked both games.

20. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    your grandmother is right ..

i want to mention that the trouble that i might haved caused .. most know that i was a lil ercked about having to be at my nephews b-day party instead of being at home on my couch to watch the nfl sunday games .. well most of the afternoon i was sitting out on the lawn chating it up with my family .. i go in the house to grab me another beer from the fridge i noticed the raiturd game was on and when my dad had told me that these phucs were putting up a good game i then said to my pop "i hope the raiturds upset the donkos" walking out the door with a fresh brew in my hand !!! what i am saying is i ( dont ever ) say i hope the raiturds win !! i and a bunch of you others probablly thought the same and with that we phucking screwed our focus :tdown:

ps. the raiturds are at home against the browns and its a sure bet on who i/yourselves are gonna root for !!! go cleveland browns .. :icon_toast:

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!