1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Follow High School Football?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deb, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    I know in some states it's as popular as college..... I know it's more community driven, but I like to go to them as much as I can on Friday nites, something about the change of the seasons, the fall, the lights, band. Do you still follow it? Maybe post some info about your hometeam, colors, mascot....how you expect them to do this year? Or maybe just a little about your alma mater if you played yourself, or you have kids playing now. Pictures would be great.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Imperial Tigers FTW

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Here in Texas, high school football's a big deal, as evidenced by the min-series, "Friday Night Lights". Dominating high schools are legend in these parts, and one of the most dominating schools in the state is right here in the San Antone area; Converse Judson is a 6 time 5A champion.

Here in Texas, many high schoolers have found their way to the NFL, not the least of which are Ladainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees, and way before them Warren McVea and Tommy Kramer.

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Also, I know he's a Raider, but this guy went to my hs (which is tiny, so it's pretty cool we have an IHS alum in the NFL). My brother played 3 years w/ him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Played college ball @ UCLA (which I hate, go Trojans), drafted by the Rams in '02, played w/ Green Bay, and now Oak. Also, my dad play HS fb with his dad, is still friends w/ Mr. Thomas, and talks to Robert occassionally when he's around Imperial and such.

5. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443
    of course I watch and love high school football...I have 3 sons..:yes:

6. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Ramona Bulldogs, YEAH!!!

Everyone else was just.......well..........dog meat!