1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone get Madden 08 the first day its out?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AnteaterCharger, Aug 14, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Wanted to see if anyone else grabbed madden for whatever system they had today

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Nope.

I'm still on Front Page Sports Pro Football from Sierra On-Line circa 1998.

:lol:

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I was thinking about buying it, but I didn't. Really waiting for Halo 3. I might buy Madden the next day or two if it's not sold out near me.

PS - Halo 3 is gonna be the shiz! :tup:

4. Monkeybacon

Monkeybacon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I still have divots in my thumbs from Tecmo Bowl

5. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    HALO THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got the legendary edition on pre-order! IA M SO ****ING EXCITED!!!

6. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Oh, yeah, my friend is downloading Madden 08. I have a modded 360. Go ahead and tell me I shouldn't. :icon_twisted:

7. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I'm gonna try to pick it up after work. Hopefully it won't be any trouble. I guess I will have to put down Gears for a little.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    got mine for the wii and you can play online

controls take ALOT of getting used to

9. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I'm going to be buying this if possible.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360halo3console/default.htm

Combine it with the Halo 3 Legendary Edition, and I'll be good to go!

:yes:

10. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I almost picked it up for my PS3, but decided to wait till I get back from China. If I get it now I know I will spend too much time at the TV. :lol:

11. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    the madden version for the wii is fun because of the controls and the mini-games but I'll be frank, I was expecting something ALONG THE LINES of the PS3/XBOX360 even though I know it can't be it. Alot of the features and the new things propped up for those two systems are NOWHERE on the Wii and instead it looks like a slightly toned up version of Madden 06 with a revamped AI.

I'm real disappointed

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I've defiantely logged more hours playing madden than I care to admit to. But I'm not much of a video game junkie these days. I haven't bought and of the new systems in years and years so I pretty much only play on my friends games. But I have noticed that the control changes from year to year have been increasingly drastic. I remember for like 10 years pretty much every year you could jump right into the new madden. Seems like kind of a double edge sword, 'cause the more they add the more realistic and cool it is, but the more of a pain in the *** it becomes to learn and play. I just don't have the kinda time I used to burn mashing buttons.

But I am curious about what the major differences are this year.

13. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I wonder if that's a limitation of the Wii's technology (and controller), or that the Wii programmers who converted the game to the platform just got lazy.

14. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I picked up the 360 version and LT is a beast. There are soo many buttons to figure out, again, like every version. I can't even think about getting to any of the features untill I figure out how to play halfway decent.

15. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    for the xbox/ps3 they have a retooled hit stick that allows you to hit a player low or go for a big hit. They're got new ring/point/trophy systems for online play, and advanced the franchise features. The Wii has new party modes and easy play mode with computer help. And the wii FINALLY has freakin Online play

16. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    No offense meant to you Ant, but from the games I've seen and played on the Wii, it seems like it really was built for kids. None of the graphics look to appeal to hardcore gamers and the games (for the most part) look very simple.

Just like Macs are built for people who don't know about cost : performance ratios and how to manage a computer.

17. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    wassat?:icon_huh:

18. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    :lol: I wanted to see if I could evoke the ire of all the mac fans out there...:icon_twisted:

19. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    We are a devoted bunch.:yes:

20. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    None taken
    I've always been a big nintendo fan, I love the Mario and Zelda games and have since I was a kid. So I bought the Wii because it looked like Nintendo finally got the system right and its been an absolute blast to play (Wii Sports, Zelda and Resident Evil). But yeah i've even been giving some thought to getting a PS3 IF (big IF) the price can go down further but we will see

21. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I love the Wii, but haven't picked one up yet. 360 is awsome. I'll get a ps3 if gta is exclusive. I'm a big nintendo fan, but I feel like I need a real system before I have a toy one. I don't know why i feel this why though because I really like the thing.

22. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    GTA4 is not exclusive. It will be released at the same time for both systems.

23. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Well that sure sucks for Sony. They might be doomed now.:icon_shrug:

24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I got it for my ps2 because I'm too cheap to drop down any money right now on a new gaming system just so I can play Madden. I'll probably be getting a 360 soon though ( I was gonna get a PS3 but fuk if I'm gonna pay $500-$600 to play video games).

On the PS2 version our new uniforms look like ****. All the did was slap the same exact bolt from the helmets on the sleeves only smaller. It looks terrible. Oh well, it will have to do for at least a few more weeks.

25. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    All of their fanboys prophecize about Metal Gear Solid 4 being amazing and other games "that are coming out next year." Helloooo, next year? And when are parents going to buy systems for their kids? They just can't admit that losing GTA's exclusivity was the beginning of the end for Sony's dominance.

26. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    that's the thing, with their ridiculous price tag and lack of third party games the PS3 is killing their market share. Wii is for big nintendo fans and for some more mellow gamers and Xbox360 is the hardcore system

27. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yup.

Sony would have continued to own the market if they would have ditched Blu-Ray and just put out a standard DVD-ROM drive.

The systems could have cost $299 and not been delayed for almost a year.

Then, a few months after launch introduce a Blu-Ray DVD external player for $299 with 5 free Blu-Ray movies to hook up to the PS3.

28. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    I did get Madden 08 yesterday for my PS3. Couldn't get to playing it until today as my DLP HDTV needed a new lamp installed. The new lamp was installed today.

The graphics are in-freaking-credible. Just as good if not slightly better than the Xbox-360, since the PS3 has an HDMI connection. I'll bet the Xbox 360 Elite is equal to the PS3 though.

But gameplay sure is different than last year's 07 on the PS2. Still getting the hang of the play selection and the new button controller assignments. Just as an example, the R2 button is for sprint, and X is now a stiff arm.

29. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    The problem was also that Sony, AGAIN, didn't have enough at launch. I finally got mine as a father's day gift.

But if you were to buy the Xbox 360 Elite and their HDTV drive, total cost would be $625 (newegg.com). The PS3 is now going for $499, and you get 2 Blue Ray movies.