1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anyone Going To Colorado To See The Bolts?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,165
    I just figured since I didn't see anyone else posting it, I would start it up.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Not I...

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    I went last year to see them play ian Denver. Wanted to this year, but my buddy who lives there wasn't going to be in town. Next year, maybe.

4. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    Burn one for me...

5. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +314
    I shall watch our asses get waxed in the comfort of my own chair.
    I prefer a cheap *** kick'n rather than an expensive one. :notworthy:

6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I mean, even removing my extreme situation, here's what this comes down to:
    Airfare to Denver
    Hotel in Denver
    Eating out in Denver
    Tickets to the game
    (Emotional price of seeing the Chargers lose, and having to be in Denver while doing so)
    Airfare from Denver

I mean, you're probably talking about $1000 for 2 people to do that, and for what? To watch Norv Turner's ineptitude? Come on. You couldn't get me to go to the game if all of those things were paid for, because the flight time alone away from my kid isn't worth watching the Chargers lose at best and at worst drag out the playoff elimination by some miracle play, with the end effect being nothing but lowered draft position.

Thanks, but no thanks.

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496
    What if you were guaranteed that after the loss Norv would be fired, made to find his own way home and he ended up sitting next to you in the plane? :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    Yeah, gotta get that draft pick...;)
    :broncossuck:

9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I live an hour away, so hell yeah I'll be there.
    And it's going to suck listening to the worst chant in football: 'in-com-plete'. Though it's a good time to stand up and yell it when the Broncos QB throws an incompletion. But with Manning there, that bit of sticking it to donko fans is gone. Damn.

Not sure what I'm looking forward to in this game. But if the Bolts somehow win, my donko fan friends will be hating me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,165
    I've seen a lot of games on television and I have always wondered what the hell they were saying, thanks for helping to solve an ages old mystery! Now, onto deciphering some stone tablets from the Byzantine empire...

11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    They probably won't be chanting that very often. Behind this line, Rivers doesn't throw many incompletions, just interceptions. Whenever I see him rolling out (idiot, Norv, idiot) I'm immediately thinking "pick". So awful.

12. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    if you want to put a price on it, then dont do it. If you want to support YOUR team in a different city, then price has nothing to do with it at all.

13. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I'm sorry, I live in a world where my entertainment decisions are influenced by cost.

14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Thats no problem, we all are.

15. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629

WHAT?

16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    If you need an explanation, then you do not want to go. Either you are a fan who wants to be there, or you dont want to be there. If I want something bad enough, I find a way to get it.

17. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    So you'd mortgage your house for Chargers' tickets? Sell your wife into slavery for Chargers' tickets? Sell a kidney for Chargers' tickets? Are you serious? Come on, a cost-oriented decision about whether or not to see a football game has nothing to do with whether or not you're a fan. Being a fan is a prerequisite to making the decision, whether being a fan of one of the teams, the NFL in general, or showing off your scratch, but it's not what determines whether or not you go or not. If "being a fan" was the ultimate decision-maker for attending NFL games, then we wouldn't have empty seats at our games, or else there'd be all of 70,000 total Charger fans in the world. Give me a break.

18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    I went last year. Guess what it cost me? Round trip ticket from San Diego to Denver on Frontier air was about $179. I used my American Express points and they covered the entire cost of my ticket. So zero dollars there. Game tickets were bought directly from the Broncos (through Ticketmaster). Broncos have a season ticket base that covers 90% of the seats. Then one day in the summer they sell the remaining 10%. I got two very good seats (section 118) for about $240. Oh, and I flew over and back THE SAME DAY. Flight left at 6:40, arrived in Denver just before 10am. A friend of mine lives in Denver, so he picked me up at the airport and drove us downtown. Denver's aiport is literally out in the middle of nowhere. Was a long drive to downtown too. Had lunch at a great place called the Wynkoop. Then we walked from there to their light rail (trolley) station. Think it was maybe $5 for a round trip ride. Got into the stadium maybe an hour or so before game time.

So, as SDraiderh8ter said, if you want to go, there are ways to make it happen.

19. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    First, spending your American Express points instead of dollars doesn't make your air fare free. Second, not everyone has a friend in Denver to chauffeur them around Denver. Third, your costs are based on a single person (with the possible exception of the tickets, which I'm assuming you paid for as a gift to your friend).

So, if you are an individual who can eliminate / transfer most of the costs and are able to arrive/depart Denver on the same day, there are less expensive ways to make it happen, which ultimately refutes nothing in my previous post.

20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I was a season ticket holder for 32 years. I went on the road and watched the Chargers play in Los Angeles AND Pittsburgh. I do not know how many practices I have watched. I have spent time at the Chargers Park waiting for the team after they had played a game on the road just to welcome them home. The only reason I have only attended only one game this season is because the Chargers still have Norv as the head coach! AND for as long as he is the head coach, the Chargers will not get one penny from me. being a fan means more to me then you I guess. Oh and be the way my EX-wife stated that she wished I loved her as much as I love the Chargers in one of our many fights! So yes I would sell a Kidney if I could just to attend a Chargers game. But with Norv as the head coach I dont have toworry about that now, DO I?

21. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    You're obviously a bigger fan than I am, but I'm not sure that's a good thing...