1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone going to the charger game in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by count_agranoff, Apr 26, 2010.

1. count_agranoff

count_agranoff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    So pardon my ignorance, but I have been a football fan almost all of my thirty-six years but I have only gone to college games and one charger game at the Q. I have been a casual fan until the last few years. So i honestly just don't know how this **** works.

I live in Portland, my wife and I are charger fans and we intend to go to Seattle week 3 and cheer on the bolts. Is there away or system to get tickets with other charger fans? I have always been under the impression that visiting team often have their own sections? Am I totally wrong?

I stoked to see ryan mathews run down the bore-hawks throats I would just love to do with other charger fans.

2. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Keep an eye on this board. I know a few of us have talked about going to Seattle. :icon_toast:

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm in the planning stages now for my wife and I to go.

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    There's a "visitor's side" of the field, the same side their team is on, but there really is no designated side for actual fans of the team and you'll be mostly surrounded by Seahawks fans no matter where you sit.

I'm going to Cincinnati, but I doubt I get a group of Chargers fans from this board now for it since the idiots put it on Dec 26th.

5. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    My wife is already on board, we are definitely going to Seattle. Would love to sit with, or tailgate with some of the people here if such plans develop.

6. count_agranoff

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah we should stay in touch, I've also thought about putting a PNW Charger fan Facebook page together.

-David

7. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I do not like that the Game is on Dec. 26th but I am still game for going to that wonderful game in Cincinnati. :icon_toast:

Who cares if just you Leo and myself are the only 2 Bolt Fans we will represent Loudly and Proudly. :abq1: :abq2: :abq1:

ADDED EDIT: I am trying to plan the Trip to Seattle for this Game.

8. Joey

Joey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I will be making the long trip to seattle for the game with my old man, as he's been to Qwest before and says the atmos. is pretty awesome.

Catching the Arizona game a week after too...

Lets hope theres no volcanic ash over europe come september :icon_eek:

9. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Your arm rest will be there as well. :yes:

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Several of our members over at boltbunker will be going, it's our group "away" game this year. For more info, check out our site, (shameless plug) www.boltbunker.com if you are interested.

Pointy :icon_twisted:

11. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Got a cousin who lives in Vancouver, WA. Talking to him about going to that game. I'd probably fly into PDX and we'll drive up there.

I'll keep my eyes open as this develops. Any suggestions on where to get tickets for this game at QWest?

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    How much would the trip to seattle cost in terms of the ticket and i guess a flight?

13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'll be there!:tup:

For those asking about single game tickets...
    General seating = $54-$98
    Charter = $110
    Club = $210-$394

Single game tickets start getting sold in late July via Ticketmaster.

[​IMG]

14. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I will be doing my best to be there!:tup::tup:

15. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    Seahawk Stadium is Crazy noisy! It is a blast! The Fans treat vistors well!

16. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    A couple years ago I went to see the Chargers in Seattle on Xmas eve. Charger fans were represented! We sat in a section (45 yard line out of the rain) with loads of Bolt fans. We were hugging strangers in blue and gold after that win!

I also went to see the Padres when the Mariners opened their new baseball statium. Lots of Padre fans were there.

You are correct, Hawk fans are dominate, but I have been proud with the response from SD Fans!

17. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Seahawk fans were surprisingly cool, considering how it ended last time...:lol:

Crank up the volume and listen to the glory of victory!

18. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    GREAT POST. That was a great five hour ride home after that game. I was tired Xmas day, but damn happy!:abq2:

19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Well is there a destination where we are all sitting like San Francisco?

20. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Not sure. I'm gonna try to find some seats in the charter section, we rarely get to go to games so nosebleeds are out.

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Southwest has fares from SD for $124 each way. No way to fly up & back the same day though.

22. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    Last time I bought seats on line and just got lucky to see lots of blue and gold.

I'm not an expert in the area but this is what I noticed last time I went to a bolt game in Seattle.
    Pre game, I noticed that Safeco (across the street from the Seahawk Stadium) was open and selling beer early; this is an easy place to congregate. There are also at least one or two Micro breweries in walking distance. Not really a tail gate venue, but watering holes, where a bunch of folks can gather, seem to be available.

23. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
  24. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    this is going to be a big charger party. Im already assuming there will be hundreds of bolts fans in attendence. I will relay info from another board(chargers.com) when info comes available. As far as I know, there isnt really places to tailgate...but some good bars within walking distance where we all can meet up and take over!!!

25. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    im def planning on hiting this game up. :tup:

26. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I'm down for getting a group of 20+ so we can all sit together for this game.

Any respected and trusted Mod want to take charge? Let's set a deadline for FULL Payment deposits so we can purchase tickets!!!

27. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I am a 1 guaranteed. My Job has allowed me off for this great game in Seattle. :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

Have we made any plans on the head count to include the Tickets, if we all will be staying at the same Hotel and Yaddy Yaddy Yaddy? :icon_toast:

28. count_agranoff

Ratings:
    +2
    I am totally in for that!

We should create an e-mail list or something.

29. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The Reason for this resurrection is that, is there anyone going to this and please if so can you post it in this thread and hopefully we can get an invasion of Seattle?

I know I am going and I already have my Bus Reservations for it. :icon_banana: :icon_toast: :icon_banana:

30. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Bumping this thread to double-check who is REALLY planning on going to Seattle!
    (Plane flight, hotel, game tickets.) :bolt:

We should be pooling our resources with bolt bunker. Chime in at: http://boltbunker.com/showthread.php?415-Seattle-trip-final-thread .

There are a guaranteed 12 people going from the Bunker to the game. BillingsBoltFan is willing to buy groups of tickets together.:icon_toast:

They have decided to stay at the Ramada Inn Downtown, making the resos. together to save money.:tup:

Let's get some dialogue on who plans on being there!:icon_banana: