1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone interested in the Chargers?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, May 27, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Just hung up the phone with a friend in the Chargers' scouting department. Scouts from 17 teams that are members of the National Scouting service have been holed up near Fort Myers, Fla., discussing the top college prospects who will be part of the 2008 draft.

The Chargers will hold their second minicamp June 8-10th, but the club's already pleased with the progress of its rookies. According to the veteran scout, the Chargers' first round pick, wide receiver Craig Davis, was better than advertised before tweaking his hamstring in a minicamp earlier this month.

Coaches won't tell you this, but privately, they say minicamps and OTAs are almost worthless for evaluating offensive and defensive linemen because they're not wearing pads. That is, unless you're the Redskins.

Full Article

2. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Of COURSE i'm interested in the CHARGERS!:abq2:

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    reader comment

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    This is not me, I swear!

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    One last one, I think he made his point well

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

fuk the donkeys & their myopic fans

the only thing that can stop the Bolts are injuries.

Norv > Cam

Cotrell/Rivera > Wade

Marty who???

:tup:

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Why not put them in pads? Wouldnt cause any more injuries. Be nice to judge the linemen early.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    OTAs and Mini-Camps are more about conditioning and getting players back into the feel of actual practice not to put them in pads and let them go at it

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Perhaps is wrong source world! :icon_tease:

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Shroeder will wind up on the practise squad, but it's really nice to see some depth developing in shallow skill positions. The more I think about it, I probably should have gone out on a limb and been more forward about predicting 16-0. There may be teams with an edge in individual positions based on last years results, but this season I can't spot any position that not only does not display a weakness, but they all seem to have at the very least, adequate reserves. The only team I can compare this one with is the hayday of Ladd, Hadl, Allworth, Lowe, Lincoln and Garrison. Corryell had an awesome offense, but not enough defense. Bobby Ross had more defense than offense. This team has more of both than anyone in the league. At the moment I can't think of a siingle plausible trade that we could make at the moment that would improve the Chargers. Anyone know what's up with Mother McCree's knees?

Best regards to: The Patriots :icon_tease: :The Raiders:icon_rofl: :The Donkeys :icon_shrug: :The Chiefs :trout: and Trent Green :crying:

11. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    OK .. I'm coming out of my Memorial Day drunken haze. But, this is absolutely insulting! And honestly says a lot about the posters age.

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah I thought it was a real stupid comment.