1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone listened to BoltCast yet?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by iBØLT, Aug 7, 2006.

1. iBØLT

iBØLT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    If anyone has listened to BoltCast, "The Official Podcast of The San Diego Chargers," it shouldn't take long to conclude that BoltTalk.com's Podcast and it's hosts, Charger Ray and Anteater Loren, are extremely invaluable to the serious Charger Fan. Their weekly contribution greatly overshadows Chargers.com's own podcast, BoltCast. Ray and Loren do much more than play the daily Coach's Press Conference. They are Charger Fans. And although they do not update daily, I would much rather listen to insightful banter between two devout Charger Backers once a week, than listen to a stale narration and rebroadcast of daily events. Keep up the great work, Ray and Loren. I am certain that your labor of love will long outlast Chargers.com's feeble endeavor.

Charged for '06,

iBØLT

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah I listened but you have to realize they are just starting out.

I prefer the format that Bolttalk has in comparison.

If someone sucks, they suck and the sponsors will not get torqued if something controversial is said. :)

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    BoltCast can go suck it. Effing Chargers.com rips EVERYONE off. First they rip off the leisureworld draft then they rip off the Bolttalk podcast... who knows they might pay somebody to play a trumpet at their tailgaters next. iBolt you are the man tell it like it is don't give in to those wannabes :icon_beerbang:

4. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    no good i prefere the fans point of view

5. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Exactly. The coaches are paid to talk the same lines of crap we are used to hearing but what about the fans?

This site is the only site doing this kind of stuff. We experimented around with webcasting a training camp tailgater for the fans and was almost a 100% success (we blew a fuse toward the end but no worries).

If Chargers fans want cutting edge - this is cutting edge.:yes: :tup:

6. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I recently listened to Boltcast and I think it's just okay. It kinda seems like they recycled and compiled together all the stuff you can already get on the Chargers website. But I don't think us BOLTTALK supporters need to be so antagonistic toward Boltcast. Any positive coverage of the Chargers is ultimately good for all of us who support our Bolts. I suppose there might be some people out there who will listen to the othercast if you go in for that sort of thing ("contrived, skewed, unoriginal" keep popping up in my mind). I like to look at it as "Hey, the more the merrier!" But I'd rather keep listening to ChargerRay and Anteater for all things Chargers and Chargerfan related. You guys are awesome!!! Unadultered, tell-like-it-is, informative, by the fan for the fan, entertaining as heck (especially with all the fans/guests i.e. TrumpetMan). Keep up the good work guys!!! We needn't worry about other Charger podcasts. We all know who was first and who is best>>>>>>>>>BOLTTALK BABY!!!!

:rockout:

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I am not out for any bodies job ya doof although I am here to provide some takes and hopefully in the process it is entertaining.

You need to listen to the Podcasts while you are surfing the net otherwise - you are gagging it. :yes:

8. iBØLT

iBØLT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    My original post was intended to recognize and praise Charger Ray and Anteater for their outstanding contribution to Charger Fans. (Read the first sentence). I agree that any coverage of our San Diego Chargers is great, but it is best to measure the merit of said programming when you compare it to programs, in this case Podcasts, of the like. Once again-Thank you Charger Ray and Anteater for enriching yet another Charger Season.

iBØLT

9. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    For some strange reason I have been banned at the UT forum! :icon_shrug: :icon_shrug:

No idea why. Maybe hanging around you guys?

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    Its comments like this that truly let Ray and I know that we are appreciated and I thank you for that. I've listened to the ChargerPodCast and what's great is that it is covered and taken care of by the Chargers in terms of advertising and hosting. But that's what puts the hosts in a tough spot because they don't have free reign to say what they want. If i was working on that show i'd last three days. Monday they'd hire me, Tuesday I'd do the show and Wednesday they'd fire me. Both Ray and I, because we are independent Charger fans, can say whatever we want (as long as its between PG13 and R :tup: ) and make any point even when its not the Chargers line whereas the BoltCast can't do that.

11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    What was your usename there? Maybe i can ask some in there and find out.

12. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    DrunkGTP

13. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    Sorry to hear that man. But you're always welcome to hang out here! :tup:

14. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Thing is, I rarely ever post over there. I think I have about 20 or so total. :icon_shrug:

Oh well....

15. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Yep, you guys rock and sure know how to party.

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I sent a message to one of the mods over there asking him to look into it. I'll let you know what he says.

17. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    What so funny?

18. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Thumper for every day you boycott the ut I will click on your google ads 50 times :icon_mrgreen:

19. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Yah you know you were probably banned for spamming the board with "Free MTL" posters like I told you to :icon_rofl: