1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone on here going to Jacksonville?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Joey, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Joey

Joey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Title says it all really...

Has anyone been there before? Is it away-fan friendly?

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I just sold my tickets today! I am not going up to watch this mess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I'll be there, and I went back in 2007 too, when it was Alltel stadium. No one hassled me, but the Chargers lost that game too, so the natives were happy.

Like CoronaDoug, I bought my ticket months ago but had I known that the Bolts would stink this bad, I'd have saved my money and just watched the travesty on TV but I pre-booked the hotel, and would have to pay for it regardless wheter I actually stay there or not - while I'm there, perhaps I can negotiate a trade in which we give them Norv & Manusky, in exchange for Jack Del Rio & Kassim Osgood.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Del Rio is about to get fired, and I wouldn't want him as the HC he any more than I want Norv. The Jags lost to the Texans 3rd string QB yesterday, and the local paper is calling for his head

5. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    Del Rio has been a "dead man walking" all season, but do you think he'd be any worse here than Norv? He's a former NFL linebacker & a defensive minded coach, and his team is disciplined, if not all that talented.

I'd take him over Norval any day, and I'd even throw in a few players & additional draft picks just the sweeten the pot!

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Bring him in as a DC, but under no circumstances do I want him as the HC. That would be a lateral move from what we have now. We need an improvement, something we needed when we fired Marty and didn't get

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    This game has LOLfest written all over it.

8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    If you go, take your 'ludes...

9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Why would anyone waste their money to watch this team choke again? Save yourself some money and go to a bar. Or just don't watch.

Here let me save you time and grief. The chargers will lose a close one. Bolts will most likely have the last possession only to have Philip throw a pick on the game winning drive.

You're welcome.

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
  11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    in b4 inspired Jags team beats the lame duck led Chargers

12. SD Charger Fans in Austin

SD Charger Fans in Austin BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Because fans still support their team, even in the rough times. We arent only fans when the team is 14-2. Then again, alot of Charger fans are...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    You wouldnt understand, its a 'back the team' sort of this that is foreign to you... :p

14. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    LOL... some of you are big fans huh? I see the LA mentality is making its rounds.

Jax is a good place to see a game with some fun things to see downtown. Enjoy yourself Joey.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joey

Joey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Good idea. I'll see if I can get a refund on the flights and hotels...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    If we manage to lose to this team with an interm coach & a rookie quarterback, Norv & Manusky should both be fired immediately after the game, they shouldn't even be allowed to fly back to San Diego with the dejected team.

Hopefully the Bolts will "kick this team while it's down" and give those of us in attendance & watching nationwide a dominating performance that has viewers flipping channels in the 2nd half because it's so one sided.

I wonder if ESPN & the NFL will consider "flexing" late season Monday Night games in future seasons as well if this is indeed a stinker as many people expect this primetime contest between a couple of teams with a combined record of 7-15 is expected to be.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    I will always back the team, and it may seem like too little, too late, but this losing streak has to stop somewhere so why not on a Monday night?

• Like Like x 1
  18. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Because we're 0-2 as far as MNF goes the last two years. It's nothing shocking to me if they lose to Jax they truly are the best at finding ways to lose to anyone anytime.

19. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    ^Because the team is 0-2 on MNF, that's the reason they are going to lose? Sorry, I don't buy into that brand of logic. I would rather say that two teams are going in to play on Monday, one loses and one wins. That's the way all these games are played, a 50/50 chance.

20. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I am working in Jax this week and there is panic in the city. I keep telling everyone I come in contact with that the Jags are going to LA. :devilish:

• Like Like x 2
  21. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    ^Good one Doug. There will probably be an upsurge in heart medications being dispensed by the local pharmacies because of you.