1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anyone Plannig A Road Trip This Season?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,165
    I was curious to see if anyone from this site has looked at the possibility of a road trip this season. Of course, this is based on the fact that we indeed have one. Last year, a bunch of us went to the game against the Seawoks. I guess the other question would be if anyone else is interested in a road trip, should it be done as a group or everyone on their own?

Pointy :cool:

2. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,073
    I braved the Bunghole in Oakland last year on my birthday weekend (SC/Stanford on Saturday, Chargers/Turds on Sunday) and nearly got arrested for doing SDRH proud and not only not taking shiz even though we were losing but giving it right back. Considering our away game there this year is on New Years Day (and I'm trying to score Rose Bowl tix figuring that Oregon's going to be playing in it this year... and I'm a Duck fan) that probably won't happen.

I've been debating making a trip out to Denver for the game at Mile High - I actually know a contingent of SoCal transplants (all Bolts fans) who go religiously every year. It's my birthday weekend, just got to see if I can scrape together the cash for either a plane ticket (and stadium ticket) or the gas money.

3. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +226
    Jacksonville, in Week 13 - it's only a 3 hour drive north of where I live! :helm1:

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I think my parents are going to the Denver game in October

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I may take a road trip back to SD for a game this year. But I will definitely be going to the Oct 9th game here in Denver. Anyone else making it out here for that game, let me know. We can go have a beer

• Like Like x 1
  6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814

I am also going to Jax. Where do you live?

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    My wife and I will be making the trip to SD for a game, and I might as well drive down to Jville as well. The Mrs. has never been to the west coast so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

8. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,165
    I'm liking the idea of trip to the mild-high city, I hear that it's really nice there, lots to do, and the weather should be decent. I wonder what a flight would cost, round trip? As for anyone trekking to SD, especially first timers you folks are always to drop by our tailgate area directly underneath the trolley bridge in parking lot area M4. There are members of several groups that gather at that spot and it's a guaranteed good time.

Pointy

9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +911
    I had Chicago circled before the schedule came out, but it's in late November. Doubt I can talk the wife into a cold weather game. I would have no trouble selling a trip to Florida. But I like hitting new stadiums, and I went to Jacksonville last time they played there. New England looks very possible since we may be back there around that time. And definitely doing the roadie to Phoenix for the pre-season game. Last time I got some righteous Club seats pretty cheap because it was a pre-season game, and it's not too far of a drive.

10. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,165
    I made the drive to AZ a couple of years ago in the preseason, and I got some decent seats and a parking pass up close. It was a good road trip, and I am thinking of also doing that this summer. Lots of Bolts fans from SoCal were there, and quite a few from Nevada as well as the Arizona Bolts contingent.

11. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Depending on where my company has me working (currently in Albuquerque) I plan to make a game or two. I may be in Phoenix at the beginning of the season so a home game would be easy. Later in the season I will likely be in New York State and may go to Jacksonville or Chicago for one of those games.

12. dizzle498

dizzle498 Bolts lover 4 life

Ratings:
    +10
    Chicago for sure...That game looks to be important, and Chicago is a wonderful city...Was really happy to see them playing the Bears this year in Chitown.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Well doesnt sound like anyone is planning on visitin me in Mizery for the Halloween bowl.. ;/ I wish I could say there are things to do in KC, but sadly it is horrible. BUT Arrowhead is very nice now post 10 Mill remodleing. Im gonna have to check out the HOF museum, didnt do that last year in week 1.

The stadium is a great experience, but the stay in the Mizz will be your lowlight. Yall come back now!!

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    AND hey ROB what ever happend to the Location display idea?? Im pretty sure we got a good mix of US/INTNTL fans. We're all deffinaty not in Cali.

Tennis Ball sized hail across the state today. Jus how big can a Hail stone get???

15. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +226
    I live in Stuart.

I went to the last game they played in Jax in '07, and I went to the Miami & Tampa games in '08.

16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    What's Denver like in October? If there is a season, I might try to make this game (if Mrs. CBF says I can go :) ).

17. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    I like the idea of us EuroBolts doing a roadtrip this year. My first preference is NY Jets, for 2 reasons, (1) it is the Jets and (2) NYC is v easy to get to from here. My second preference would be Jax, cos again Florida is kinda easy to get to from here, as in 1 flight and it's a mon nighter. Chicago would be my 3rd pref (again only 1 flight).

Let me know what y'all think.

18. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Ok I am in Melbourne.

19. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    M4? You guys must have been just down from where I use to tailgate with my group. We were all the way on the end where the 1st spots were under that bridge

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Hard to say. Some years there is several inches of snow on the ground, last year there was no snow until December. There is no telling what one specific year is going to be like

21. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,165
    We are underneath the trolley bridge at the very end, in M4 and we even have our own private toilet facilities. We've been there for a few years, and we have flown several banners for various websites there. Just look for the Chargers flag with a beer flag flying underneath... We have been known to bring in caterers and have had Phil's BBQ, or TJ style street tacos, or phillie cheesesteaks, and we have even had a DJ or two show up and provide music for the masses. Best spot in the whole lot for a tailgate party!

Pointy

22. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I can't promise anything but I may try to make a game in San Diego this year.

Finances and school schedule may make it impossible, though.

23. scottbbo1

scottbbo1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    I might move to Ft. Myers Beach in Nov. and would love to go to the J-ville game. Have to see how that works out.

24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    Either Denver or KC, you know, if there's NFLthis fall.

25. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I know exactly where you guys were. We were just at the other end (3-4 tailgate groups over).

26. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Was going to attempt Detroit, but not on Xmas Eve.
    Looking at the Jests game.

27. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Yep - I'm back in SD for 3 weeks starting 6th October, bringing the wife this time :)

There might not be a season, there definitely isn't a home game (just my luck!!!) but we will be off to Denver if there's a game to go to.

Need to hook up with you again Pointy

28. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,165
    Mike;

I will be taking a more serious look at things like flights and hotels next month, sounds like a plan.

29. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Are you still interested in going Pointy?

I'm up for a road game!!!!

Fly into SD on Thursday 6th Oct - out to Denver on Saturday?

Woot!

30. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629