1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anyone Plannig A Road Trip This Season?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Apr 22, 2011.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The good thing about Invesco, they have vendors in the stands the sell beer, and beer is cheaper than at Qualcomm. So there will be no need to stand in line for 20-30 mins for a beer like in the Lodge level at Qualcomm

2. Vinny ECB

Vinny ECB BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Options look limited this yr for this east coast fan. My Bolts brother did mention some plans may be in the works for Bears game. We'll see how that plays out. I was in Chicago a few wks ago & loved it! Been to Mass enough. Wouldn't mind going to Jersey only if the football gods can guarantee a lopsided W! Almost had a coronary before da Bolt's immaculate reception vs GMen in 2009! In town for a New Years Day Raider bashing would be off the chain!

3. DesertBoltFan

DesertBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    We are discussing the same issue over at Boltbunker. Chicago would be cool. Lots of tradition, fans are good football fans, not a rivalry so I doubt anyone will be stabbed or shot, great hotels, bars, restaurants right there near the stadium so all is in walking distance November 20th it will be cold but I doubt a blizzard will be rolling threw.

Did I mention the bars? LOL.

Bolt talk and Bolt bunker have a lot of mutual members, and it would be very cool to make a joint trip. Pointy said aboiut going to Seattle last year, great trip, fun town. A lot of BT memebers went also, awesome trip.

4. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    There's a block of 12 in Field Level Endzone 117 @ $160 each - we could pick from those to be together.
    If you all think they would be OK?

5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    You can get those for $60 each 1-2 weeks before the game if the Donkos tank.
    And we all know the Donkos are gonna tank :)

6. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    When I booked my vacation, I didn't know if we'd get a season...

Lucky me picked the three weeks with two away games and a bye week.. In October, dammit!

Would you risk the one chance of seeing your team from rubbish seats in pigeon heaven or secure them now at $160 each?

7. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +193
    I might go the Chragers vs. Jets game, when we visit the inlaws in NY.

8. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    NY is an easy trip for me...Buck Melanoma and I did the drive from DC for the Giant game a couple years back.

Might have to look into this one.

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,698
    I don't think my friends who live in Colorado can afford $160 :( although I would love to get seats together with you guys! I have them budgeting about $110-120 right now and I will probably buy the tickets in a few weeks (after my birthday money rolls in and I have a few more paychecks under my belt).

Either way, if you guys will be in Denver for the game it would be great to meet up, maybe tailgate beforehand?

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    That's where I'm looking too. Keep in mind that Bronco single game tickets go on sale August 2nd.

11. D4L

D4L BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    Live in KC so the MNF game is a must. Would like to drive out to Denver but will probably end up going to Chicago with BB if that's what we decide to do as a group like we did Seattle last year.

12. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +226
    The Jacksonville game will be a Monday Nighter, it'll be great to see Alltel Stadium under the lights, and an impressive Chargers victory!

13. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475
    I'm heading out to the Chargers - Bears game in November. Got family out there so making a trip out of it.

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,375
    Bronco single game tickets went on sale today. Picked up two in Section 118, Row 41. :D

15. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    You must have been quick - I was there at the turn of the clock and couldn't get anything lower than level 3

16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,375
    If you kept the "Best available" option when looking for tickets, only level 3 tickets would show up. Level 3 tickets are $265 and up. Must be their "club" level?

All I did was specify the "North" area. Thought I'd get endzone, but section 118 is between the "East" and "North" sections. That section is also on the Chargers side of the field.

17. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Tried all those, especially East and North but no luck for Mikeyboy!

What price did you get them at?

18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,375
    Got them both for $245.45, including tax & ticketmonster charges. I'll be going with a friend of mine who lives in Denver.

The first time I tried to get anything in level 1, section 109 popped up. Didn't want to sit there so I looked for a little more. After a couple of attempts, section 118 popped up.

19. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Beer = Wynkoop - Saturday night?

20. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,375
    I'm flying in & out the same day. Flight leaves SD at 6:30am, arrives just before 10am. Game is at 2:15, local time. If all goes as planned, I'll be back in SD at 10:30pm.

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,375
    Just booked my flight to Denver. I'll be able to go watch the game and be back in San Diego the same day. Didn't cost me anything as I used my AMEX points. :D

22. dizzle498

dizzle498 Bolts lover 4 life

Ratings:
    +10
    Going to Chicago myself...Can't wait to get there in November...should be nice and warm, with a summer breeze blowing in off Lake Michigan. Good times..

Honestly, when looking at the schedule, the thought of watching P Rivs blow up Jay Cutler again was just to enticing.

• Like Like x 1
  23. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    New York would have been perfect, but I have the Dublin Marathon to run the week after, so a weekend on the beer in the Big Apple would not be ideal prep. Chicago is the other option, myself and Dublin Bolt have discussed it a bit, fly direct from here to Chicago. Its an option anyway Im not sure if it will happen, I havent asked DB for a lend of a grand yet so if someone on here could do that for me I would appreciate it, Conc maybe or somelike that of high standing.

24. BoltFanDC

Ratings:
    +295
    I know megold is in NY...methinks there is a group gathering in the future on the East Coast! :D

25. BoltFanDC

Ratings:
    +295
    Bring the Euros too...you know who you are!

26. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    Never been to Denver, have no idea where to stay. Looks like the airport is a ways outside of town. Ideas?

27. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,375
    Hit up Google maps and put in Invesco field, Denver. Then click on "nearby" & enter hotels. Lots to chose from. There is a trolley staion near the stadium.

28. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    Thanks!

Got our flight tonight and got a room near downtown, a couple miles from Invesco. Dude from the hotel said they offer shuttle service to and from the stadium, so we're all set other than tickets. Friend of my wife's is going to get 6 all together so I'll see ya all there!

29. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Excellent! Wynkoop Saturday night - beer!

30. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    Wow Denver sounds like it is turning into a right good group of Bolt fans on the lash in Mile High City. That Wynkoop sat nite looks great, make sure to take loads of pix Mike. I see RTL and Syd will be in attendance too.