1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Sick of the Saints?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by tboltzcali, Dec 13, 2006.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I am. People talking about our soft schedule, take a look at who was on the saints schedule this year. 9-4 and their losses are....Carolina, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/page/NO

I dont think the saints are that good of a team like the whole world is making them look.

2. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I throughly aggree with you.

They are in the NFC for Petes sakes.

If they were in the AFC they would have there A$$E$ handed to them.

They are the Katrina Darlings.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Considering they were expected to probably be no better than 8-8 they are having a surprisingly good season, but yeah, it's getting old.

NFC sucks balls right now and they are in a terrible division. I agree with TT, put 'em in the AFC and watch them go 7-9.

4. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Im just sick of hearing how good brees is. We know he is good, but they never gave him props last two years cuz he played for the chargers. This proves we get no respect.

5. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I am going to taking the minority position on this and say no. :no:

I know he's not 'our boy' anymore, but I am a Drew Brees fan! I also root for Reggie Bush as a San Diegan.

I don't mean to be a d!ck but you guys sound like a lot of people who are b!tching about THE BOLTS getting all sortsa media attention right now. We've been down for a long time and are probably getting more attention than we deserve. I think the exact same thing is happening in NO right now, but I will cut them some slack, 'cause I think we are in a very similar situation ourselves.

I know there is a clear difference in that we have the best record in football while the Saints are just pretty good at 9-4. But there recent dog years have been worse than ours IMO. Plus at the begining of the year nobody said we'd be aweful... while NO was predicted to be in the cellar of the NFC again this year. Relative to expectation, I think they have impressed more people than we have.

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Last year Drew Brees did not play well enough to put his team in the playoffs. This year he's statistically the best QB in football. I don't see how the media not kissing his a$$ last year is a dis against the bolts. I mean a lot of quality analysts had us going the the playoffs last year and we, straight up, disapointed.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Truly amazing... I laugh at the angst shown here... Before the season many of you argued that the Saints wouldn’t sniff 4 wins. "Look at their killer schedule" many of you said.

Now they are doing well, and what do you fickle winds of complaint do? "I am sick of hearing about them...", their 'killer' schedule becomes one of ease and relaxation... C'mon they are a good story, they are the type story that keeps football as the top national sport.

JUST LIKE THE CHARGERS!

Fess up, a lot of you wrote them off, and now that your predictions have dissipated like much flatuletory air, your are spewing angst a different way. If they are not that good, the playoffs will weed them out. It is as simple as that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    In this post I am eating a whole lot of crow now:

http://forums.bolttalk.net/showpost.php?p=90925&postcount=16

I will admit I have a lot of angst. The Saints are the feel good story because of Drew Brees. That is as far as I go with them.

I really did not want to get this political but I kind of have to.

I just do not like how the media has played the Saints as they have been played as the Katrina feel good story. I would rather hear the actual play of there Super Stars they are instead of putting in the Katrina thing to go along with it. That is my problem.

• Like Like x 1
  9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    RTL i agree, early in the season when they were squeeking games out i damn near prayed for them to get a few victories and to make sure drew didn't make a fool of himself. they do look better now than they did but they are going up against a watered down confrence. the chargers would manhandle them on both sides of the ball. I guess espn is just doing thier jobs trying to generate interest in the nfc. I bet when the cameras stop rolling it goes something like this

stuart scott: nobody can beat the mo fuggin chargers booya!

michael irvin: no **** stu, im high as a mafuggin kite and know the NFC can't compete, why we gotta release this ****.

Chris berman: well...we can't pretend the cowboys and romo are the cowboys of the 90's anymore.

point is, the league is not happy with the lopsidedness of the confrences, im sure they have something to do with all the ink the nfc gets this year, like they couldnt just show all the afc highlights and run the nfc scores on the bottom line. don't know why they have to build nfc teams up to a level they are not.fans in those teams cities know what they got, don't blow smoke.

10. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66

great word...:icon_rofl: