1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone wanna talk about Cromartie?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolt-tastic voyage, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I know there are a million reasons we lost today. Some were more obvious and had more impact than others.

But since its officially the off season, does anyone wanna talk Cromartie? Just puttin it out there...

He seems to be more of a risk than he is a reward. while he has the talent to run with anyone...he doesn't have the brains to match. And he definitely doesn't have the balls! That play where he dove to the ground and rolled over on his back instead of spreading his arms...wrapping up and making an effin hit was despicable! I'm just sick of it...among other things.

2. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    He just is not our biggest concern right now.

We need to consider if our:
    Coach is capable
    Running backs?
    Offesive line (Run)?
    KICKING GAME?

Our D played pretty damn good today.

3. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    If Cromartie could tackle Greene would not have scored that touchdown. Look at the beginning of the play when he first hits the hole. Anyone with zero, and I mean zero, tackling skills cannot play corner in the NFL.

Those who say he is more liability than benefit are correct.

4. Bolt-tastic voyage

Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks Alpenbolt for sticking with the theme. I did ask if anyone wanted to talk Cromartie after all...there are like 400 threads bashing everyone else and I also said I know Cromartie didn't lose the game though he certainly didnt do anything to help us win it.

5. mazman27

mazman27 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
  6. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I wanna talk about sending this clown to the Raiders. Maybe they'll trade us Jamarcbust for him. :icon_tease:

7. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Meh. He missed tackles, but he did a good job in coverage today.

8. Bolt-tastic voyage

Ratings:
    +11
    In the playoffs coverage isn't enough. you need to cover & tackle in the playoffs not one or the other. Ask the Jets about it...they'll tell you it works.

9. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

The defense held the Jets to seventeen points, and seven of those came after a bonehead interception and subsequent penalty that landed the Jets on the seven yard line. They weren't the problem.

10. Bolt-tastic voyage

Ratings:
    +11
    You are missing the point. I didn't blame the Defense or Cromartie for today...I'm talking future! A future where we don't have guys on the team that are afraid to tackle. And my point about the Jets was that they are about coverage and sure tackling, not just one or the other. Seriously have some pride in your team and don't just settle for a little of this and a little of that. I know I want it all and you should to. We deserve it. Cromartie doesn't have it all. And that was the point of this thread! We need guys who do both, that's how you have a #1 Defense...IN THE FUTURE!!!! This season is over, lets make the next one better.

11. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Cro just needs to relax in the offseason, have 3 or 4 more babies, workout hard and put on 10 pounds, have another baby, and then learn to tackle like a man in training camp.

12. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    The only problem with that is he won't do the tackle like a man, part. :yes:

13. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Cromartie defender here! He's actually been a big reason why the Chargers have let 0 big plays, save Shonn Greene's 52 yard rush, through this last 12 or so games. Cro doesn't deserve any contract extension though. He's not that good and I honestly think Cason or some new player would play better. Cro went to Deion Sanders camp and forgot how to tackle and catch. WTF?

14. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Think Oakland would deal Asomugha straight up for Cro? :lol:

15. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Umm no...but it would be nice to think about... :yes:

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Cro played his usual soft-*** game. Doesn't want to hit anyone, just make the highlight reels with the ball in his hand.

Look at his BS that he pulled after missing plays .... ripped the ball out of a downed receiver's hands after he was late to the play. Elbowed or slapped, not sure just which, Greene in the head at the end of his long TD. Then add to it that he nearly lost a fumble on a return. Sproles had to save his *** there.

He doesn't get that this is a team sport & requires you to tackle if you're going to play D. I'm way more than tired of his antics. He didn't lose the game for us, but he's a prime example of the kind of attitude that we DO NOT NEED on this squad.

Kiss his *** good-bye, please. :icon_evil:

17. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Perhaps he should learn to tackle in games like he tackles his hos as evident by all the fun babies he has.:icon_shrug:

18. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    A great deal of the discipline Cromartie lacks, in part, can go back to the locker room. There needs to be leadership in that locker room that prevents the kind of stuff he does....that leadership is fostered by management and coaches and supported by the players. It disappeared from the Patriots locker room this year (Harrison, Bruski, Vrabel, Seymour, et. al traded or retired), and it was evident to anyone who watched them lose big games, and they became just another OK team but not a real good team.

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Uhh, he did?

I kept seeing HIS MAN WIDE OPEN on all them 3rd and longs catching the ball.

He didn't cover, he didn't tackle, and don't forget the FUMBLE as well.

I'm done with this flash in the pan, 1 hit wonder JACKASS. I'll take Cason over #31 anyday.

#31, take your grillz, your english launguage abusing, 37 kids having *** and GTFO.

20. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Most guys from Florida State seem to be dumb as a box of rocks. He could be something special but he won't. I really do think Deion messed him up and told him he doesn't need to know how to tackle.

21. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Cromartie sucks since 2007.

22. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Send him to Detroit for a second rounder

23. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Trade him to Jokeland for Namdi. We know Al Davis loves 40 times

24. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Hope he is gone next year. He can't or won't tackle and his last two years have been terrible.

25. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Nnamdi has a HUGE contract.

He is also worth every penny.

26. skrew

skrew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
  27. Bolt-tastic voyage

Ratings:
    +11
    skrew:
    This is the funniest thing ever! And if for nothing else this thread was made for that FB parody.
    I love it it may have just gotten me 30% more over this loss. :tup::tup::icon_toast:

28. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    LMAO Skrew :)