1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Watching Sunday Night Football?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BlueandGold, Sep 28, 2008.

1. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    There's 11 seconds left in the first half. Kyle Orton cocks to throw, and a Philly defender bats his arm. Ball goes flying, hits the ground, Eagles player picks it up. Whistle blows. The play is called an incomplete pass at first. The Chicago punter is even sent out for the next play!

Then! The booth challenges and suddenly it's reviewed as a possible fumble.

While the ruling was that Orton's arm was moving forward, how is this even possible? This is the exact scenario of the Cutler fumble. WTF? Anyone know something I don't?

If this is possible, why wasn't Cutler's "incomplete pass" reviewed as a fumble?

Perhaps I missed a signal down there ruling it a fumble, but then the Philly defender should have got up (he wasn't touched) and ran. He had blockers.

This is BS if it's what I think it is.

2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    It wasnt the same as Cutlers.

Ortons arm was going forward. Cutler dropped the ball while bringing the ball back so his arm was going backward and actually he dropped it before he got his arm back.

They are different but the difference in the rulings were they didnt blow the whistle after a millisecond when the ball hit the ground and they looked at it on replay and got it right.

The whistle blow was the diference but even VP of officiating Mike Pererra said that was the incorrect ruling.
    We already know we got screwed. That was said by Pererra and everybody who saw it.

3. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    I understand that part.

But they ruled it an incomplete pass, is what I'm saying. The whistle had to have blown. Otherwise the Philly defender would have gotten up and ran, because he wasn't touched and he had blockers to go back the other way.

Not to mention Chicago sent the punting unit out as if it were an incomplete pass.

Then, suddenly, it's a fumble and is being reviewed as such? What gives?

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Those teams are boring!!! :yes: