1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Applewhite arrested for DUI; Likely Gone

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, May 6, 2011.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Wow, just wow

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Was he at the club with VJ?

4. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
  5. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    So maybe we should have drafted another linebacker after all. Sigh.

6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Too much of a coincidence?

[​IMG]

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Maybe he had family killed in 911 and was celebrating Osama Bin Ladens demise ?

Nah .....

Off with his head.

My biggest gripe is not the partying.

It is the getting caught while they make all that money.

Pendejos !!

Oh and you all still suck !!! :)

8. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
  9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    OK... so this is getting re-frackin-diculous. Not that DUI's aren't already just a massively more-prevalent-than-they-ever-should be thing in the NFL to begin with... but when so many of your teammates have effed up in the past, how hard is it to figure out to just call a damn cab?

NFL.com news: Chargers' Applewhite taken into custody, suspected of DUI

Antwan Applewhite - San Diego Chargers - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

10. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    wonder we are gonna get to replace him, Manny lawson (good special teamer) or Travis Laboy (better OLB)?

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Do we need MULTIPLE threads on the same subject ?

Please read the threads already started and I would hope being a MOD from another site who is quick to point out how fast people get banned at whatever site you post at to be circumspect and diligent at reading before you post a new thread.

12. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    It'll be someone. Like I said in the other thread, I don't think even AJ's naive enough to believe that he can afford to stake the season on the boom or bust of Larry English with only Antwan "I Can't Stop the Run" Barnes backing him up.

Lawson would cost a small fortune - not Suggs/Ware money, but still pretty freakin' close - and I don't expect San Fran to just fork him over without a fight. LaBoy may be a lock at this point, but I'm not sure he'll necessarily be enough... and he's coming off a knee injury. This all but assures that Tucker will still be around - and while I don't have huge hopes for him he's a much better fit in Manusky's scheme than Rivera's. If we want to start picking through the castoffs of other 3-4 teams we could take a look at Quentin Moses or Matt Roth.

13. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    We have a thread on Applewhite being arrested, Trumpy? That's news to me, because the story just broke an hour ago.

I'll show maturity however and not get petty with you, since you seem to be intent on picking a fight. ;)

Edit: So noted... however the thread posted has no mention of Applewhite's name anywhere in it. So Trumpy, keep your sniping to yourself. In fact, things were so much more pleasant around here without you.

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That was the minor bit- - ch slap.

Thanks for your invite to your site where I would most likely get banned. :)

I measure MODS by the last dozen or so bannings and I saw your track record at the site you keep pimping which has snail like traffic by the way and at any rate, try posting original thoughts and not cut and paste from profootballgeeks.com or whatever site you plagerize from. Our own forum sportswriter Concudan has that spot covered so .....

Riddle me this batman...how does that 3-technique D-lineman we got in the 1st Round translate onto a 5 technique in the pros and when Jammer goes down, the nickle and dime package looks like what ?

Quickly now...none of this pedantic stuff and cut and paste. Push that thought envelope sir teacher of students and Mr. Spidey sense (must mean I read some of your site)..... Quickly now ... chop chop

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    http://bolttalk.com/chargers-fan-forum/34852-sd-linebacker-arrested-dui.html

Hmmmm... Please read.. You should know better. Applewhites arrest is on the 1st page and if you were not so preoccupied with your own world. The thing to do is apologize on your knees but since you do not have the sense to acknowledge an obvious faux paux, que sera sera.

16. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Actually, Trumpy, you're assuming I care enough about you to care about responding to your "demands." Grow up. (I say this realizing you never will or that you seem to think you already have.)

Go back to your hole. Real men don't pick fights over the internet.

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I had you sized measured and weighed before I even posted and I did my homework when you invited me months ago.

I did my homework on you and when you get to my age.....done deal brother.

Now get to talking football and leave your cut and paste bullshi tt elsewhere.

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I went to see the last 12 people or so you were bragging about who you banned from whatever site you try to do you MOD duties.

If anyone wants to get a personality profile on anyone, just look at their MOD history.

You are a piece of work and the epitome of why certain individuals despite education levels should not MOD forums with adults. I saw your history. Enough said. Now back to football princess.

I think the Chargers end up a 8-8 or at best a 7-9 team unless we get some more SERIOUS line help.
    The Offensive line at right tackle is abysmal at best and we have no REAL swing O-Tackle who can man the fort.

Bring it.

19. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    When the request comes from someone I actually care to oblige, I'll do it. There's no point in obliging you; you're a self-adoring, elitist prick who would still be contrary just for the sake of being contrary even if you were presented with the most detailed response with visual aids.

If the request were coming from Ant or matilack, who I have had disputes of opinion with in the past, I'd be far more willing to devote time and effort to responding - they've actually demonstrated that in spite of disagreement they can remain civil.

Till then gramps, screw off.

20. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Let's get back to bitching about AJ ;)
    We're going to cut Applewhite? With all our depth at OLB?
    I hope that 7th rounder pays off...

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Sometimes it is better to keep ones mouth shut. If you would like to keep your job (and you already told the entire world where you are employed as an educator), I would strongly suggest you be real careful.

22. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    I'll say this once. And I'm sure you'll respond with some glib statement, but I'll still give you the benefit of the doubt. Don't EVER threaten me. My personal life is none of your business. So I suggest that you "be real careful."

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The Front 7 is hurting.

We hope a 3 technique tackle 1st round draft pick will morph into a a real 3-4 d-end 5 technique fatter Leslie O'Neil. In the mean time if Jammer goes down which I NEVER SCREAMED about until now concerns me to no end. Our D-Line needs quality DEPTH. Our O-Line needs quaility depth. We do not have a capable left tackle backup. Our right tackle is a JOKE.

Our TE's are now suspect and Gates is probably about as done with his career as much as I hate to admit it. Gates has seen his best years.

We need more help on the lines - more - more - more.

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    You have dug (past tense) your own holes.

Bear that in mind.

If you feel threatened then examine your own self and if you have nothing to fear then ..... It is simple.

25. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Couple points...just my opinion here.

1. 5-tech isn't an extremely difficult transition. Liuget is an excellent run stopper, he's a good gap penetrator in passing downs, and a high character guy. I also disagree with you on our depth, I think our D-line is very good.

2. I agree on Jammer, he's already shown some early signs of losing a step. But even if we drafted Amukamara he'd have sat on the bench and watched all year, where as Liuget will start right away.

3. Our O-line depth is fine, its no better and no worse than the 31 other teams in the league.

4. Don't forget Gates was on an EARTH SHATTERING PACE before he hurt his foot. Not only was he not showing signs of age, he was looking younger than ever. I highly doubt the trainers are just going to let his foot situation fly without taking preventative measures.

Slow down and remember that AJ is responsible for filling a 53 man roster, with 22 different starting positions. There is no such thing as a perfect team, whenever you spend resources at one position you're probably sacrificing resources at another position.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    A 5-tech guy in a 3-4 is a Richard Seymore type brother. The guy we selected 1st round needs lateral movement (wheels) to play 5-tech or whacking the LT from every angle. You have seen this guy play and I have not. Maybe he has this movement ? Is he a Richard Seymore (or something like that) 5 tech guy who can nut up a DE 3-4 spot ?

I would have preferred a madman 3-4 DE but that was not available from my reads. We still needed an OLB stand up or hands down 3-point stance to back up or even start so this 1st round dude should help....

Our O-Line depth relies on a Ski at LT. We saw how Dombrowski did at LT last year. At first the dude was nails and then he was found out.

Same thing at RT. RG is suspect with ankle rolls and the backup is barely a back up. I want backups pushing starters and we do not have that here.

The D-line is hoping to have Cesaire as a back-up DE. After we lost Igor -pfffttt... we have sucked on that side. We are hoping our NT old man whatshisname will have another year left and his back up is .... absent ... the 3rd rounder ... one sack I think ??????

I dig your takes but f-me freddy sometimes you guys drive me crazy trying to predict how these d-heads will project without seeing the goods on my field first. Yeah it is the internet, I know, and have another beer and chill.

27. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Trumpy we could all say the same thing about your negative views.

The way I see it we have all the pieces on the field, its just going to come down to our dick weed head coach and the injury gods blessing us.

28. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
  29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Guys, keep this on target now, talk about the Applewhite situation or this thread's closed. And stop with the personal attacks

30. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    hahahahahahahahahaha.................ahhhh, its been awhile since I've seen Trumpy in action, some things never change.

The day Trumpy stops with the "personal attacks", is the day they start throwing the dirt over me.

Classic sh!t !!!!

• Like Like x 1