1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

April Fool's mock draft

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Apr 4, 2011.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    WalterFootball.com: 2011 NFL Mock Draft - April Fools: First Round Continued

18: San Diego Chargers: Alex Henery, K/P, Nebraska
    I guess general manager A.J. Smith bought into the notion that the special teams were the only thing wrong with his team last year.

"If I see another blocked punt, I'm going to screw over Vincent Jackson again," Smith threatened.

"Mike Scifres can kick with the best of them, but he takes too long in getting the punts out," Smith said. "We're going to spend as many picks as possible on punters to find the guy who can get the punt out the quickest."

Sounds like a fool-proof plan, but why not just improve the blocking?

"Oh, you're a wise a**, huh?" Smith bellowed when we asked him that question. "You think you're smarter than me? No one's smarter than the great A.J. Smith!"