1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Archaic Rules, do they make sense?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eoconnor101, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,485
    Perhaps, we view the term differently....... when I hear "spineless" that's the same as calling someone a coward. Football is by it's very nature a violent and dangerous sport. You could say the Cro was spineless when he refused to make a possibly game saving tackle in the playoffs. To refuse to risk any harm to one's self in such a critical situation is cowardice. I would never use that term to apply to the team as a whole, because I know it would be untrue.

Aren't you forgetting something?....... the CB situation. I'd say that's as troubling as the O-line issues.

2. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Possible that it's a definition thing. But if they did cave due to the 'blow to morale' of not scoring that TD, well, that's spineless to me. But it's not necessarily a permanent condition.;)

A lot of the plays in the 3rd and 4th quarter were runs, screens, or short passes. A couple of big yardage plays were on the CBs for sure but most of it looked like the LBs were in a stupor. For example, Ingram had trouble recognizing some routes, and Butler wasn't always on his man. The DL was getting blown out a bit too, which made the LBs problems worse. Once they fix that shite, the CBs should look a bit better. But yes, if they get isolated, they're toast. We'll see some adjustments--I'd bet Weddle doesn't jump a lot of routes again against good QBs.

3. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,485
    A number of people mentioned that the D-line looked tired. How can that be? We have a deep rotation of young D-lineman, and they're gassed in the second half after the Chargers have been successfully running the ball? Doesn't make sense.

Jammer had a bad game in coverage, and Cason is what he is...... not very good. Didn't see anything from Carr, and Wright hasn't gotten back yet. Against Manning, our secondary will be sorely tested if we can't create pressure.

4. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Were you unaware that saying anything negative about the team you've chosen to be/grown up a fan of automatically disqualifies you from being a fan of the team/being worthy of following them?

• Like Like x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,765
    That's the key, always has been, always will be. I don't believe the D was gassed, being young, they responded poorly to a bad situation. Rather than regroup and make a stand they fell back hoping for a lucky break. JMHO.

6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    The pendulum certainly swings that way after a disappointing loss.

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,485
    Some fans rarely have a positive thing to say, even following a victory. A curious form of fandom, to be sure. ;)

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    If you're referring to me on that one, you are again full of ****.
    But you've been on fire lately in that regard :D