1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Are Patriots Playing Joke on Boston Herald With Tom Brady Injury?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Deb, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    Are Patriots Playing Joke on Boston Herald With Tom Brady Injury?

Posted Aug 26th 2008 8:16PM by Michael David Smith (author feed)
    Filed under: Patriots, NFL Injuries, NFL Media Watch

[​IMG]
    Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has missed most of the preseason with a foot injury, but it's widely believed to be an injury that is not particularly serious, and that the Patriots have mostly just wanted to rest Brady for the regular season.

The Boston Herald, however, reported yesterday that a walking boot was spotted at Brady's locker, which would seem to suggest that Brady's foot injury was more serious than previously believed. And today the Herald reported that crutches were leaned against Brady's locker. Uh oh.

So is Brady's injury serious? I don't think so. I think someone in the Patriots' locker room is having fun with the media and enjoying the fact that the Herald is making a big deal out of nothing. (The Herald seems to have caught on with its most recent post that it's all a joke.)

The Herald, of course, also made a big deal out of its report that the Patriots videotaped the Rams' final walkthrough before the 2002 Super Bowl, a report the paper later retracted. Herald reporters in the Patriots locker room had better be ready for more jokes coming their way.
    aolfanhouse.com

2. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    so is/ was Roidboy. He is worse then Farve.

3. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I ran this post through my head about 50 different ways and still can not figure out what it means.

As far as Brady goes, I wish the patsies would report that Tom had flesh-eating disease. And that it wasn't a joke.

4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    #1-Dew is being a douche and trying to say that Merriman is faking an injury just like Brette Favre keeps faking retirement.

#2-So do I. I have developed a deep-seeded, unheathly hatred for all of Boston and am willing to say things like I hope Randy Moss, Bill Belichek, and Tom Brady are in one car that hits the Red Sox bus leading the Celtics' bus (which can't stop and hits them as well) and all three burst into flames leaving no survivors.
    BTW- it's not a Patriots bus so that only those three die and then the entire city has to suffer as a new HC leads his team to a dismal season behind Mat Cassel.

5. pure-sol

Ratings:
    +255
    It's funny you say that. Today I met a new guy at my work, and he mentioned he's from New England area and is a fan of the patsies. I told him that rooting for them is like rooting for AIDS to win (I admit, I stole that from someone's sig here and modified it a little bit), then I admitted to him that I hated Boston so much, that I refuse to eat Boston-creme donuts, and refuse to drink any type of tea due to the association my brain gets when I mention tea. Also how the best part of Good Will Hunting is the part in the beginning when Matt Damon is beating up some dudes in a basketball court or whatever. I love that scene so much because even though a Bostonite is winning, there is also Bostonite face being beat in which is always enjoyable!

He told me I'm sick and I should see a psychiatrist. :icon_shrug:

6. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Brady and Manning both will be fine and not miss a start.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Didn't they play this stupid game last year right before the super bowl with brady even in a boot? Why should you believe anything out of the Patriots is beyond me. Only way to ensure Brady has an injury is to cause it yourself - not that i'm against that ;)

8. pure-sol

Ratings:
    +255
    Most likely this is why he hides in Gisele's house all the time. Well, one of the reasons I suppose!

Honestly, if I were him I would have her stay with him in Boston. She's not hated in Boston. ANYONE from Boston is absolutely hated in New York, even moreso their athletes.

9. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    EVERYONE should just hate Boston.

10. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    neither will Roidboy, he will be fine the hole season.

11. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    I beg to differ. Merriman has been re-clarifying his original position to try and play as if it's defense for his actual decision to undergo the reconstructive surgery. I don't even know why he's questioning it. If I were him, and already be in post-op.

12. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    roidboy loves the camera

13. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Is your life time goal to try to be biggest douche sandwich ever? If it is you are succeeding pretty well right now.:tdown:

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    he's as bad as Parker isn't he? :yes:

15. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    k That was gay, how old are you? Douche sandwich :icon_huh: What does that taste like?

16. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    P88F is weak sauce compared to me :yes::icon_tease:

17. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    yes at least parker tries to act like douche, this one a natural. douche sandwich is a combination of troll and retard.

18. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    must taste good. Do you know how it taste with a Mountain Dew though?:icon_shrug: