1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Are there really people this stupid?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    So I bust open the latest Sporting News, and start reading the YOUR TURN section, and ggross via Sporting News, in his glowing description of the Super Bowl states:

"...Eli Manning proved he is just as good as his brother...

:icon_huh:

Dude made it through the game without screwing up the masterpiece performance of his defense. He fumbled, threw one ball right off of Assante Samuel's hands, and threw another that was a tougher play but could have been picked. Luckily, he got away with those plays, and managed a miracle escape, followed by a miracle catch. And somehow all of this "proves" that he is as good as his brother?

I give him credit for his part in the game, but I still firmly believe that game was won by the defense. And any thoughts that he has now the equal of his brother are just beyond ridiculous.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Are there people who seriously believe the media won't happily dive onto their knees to blow another manning brother at the first sign he's something other then a total **** up?

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Well you know, there are those who only rate how good players are by if they have won a SB or not. Using that method, Trent Dilfer is one of the best QB's in history.

Football is the ultimate team game and Eli doesnt come close to winning a SB without a steller defensive performance. Their DL should have won the MVP but ill give him his due, he did play a good game in the 4th quarter and it was enough.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Attention San Diego:

We just got biitch slapped.

I am tired of it.

No. I am beyond mother fuggin tired of it.

Then the worms and backstabbers and every freaking POS comes out from under the rocks to knock this fan base down ..........

Fuc you all. :icon_finger:

This team and this fan base will prevail and to those who think their **** is beyond the premise we will prevail....fuc u 2. :icon_finger:

Go Chargers :bolt:

5. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    GOD DAMN IT!!!!!! We need to win a Superbowl yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is our time, this opportunity can not slip past us.

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    "Dude" did orchestrate a game winning drive. He currently is working in NY, therefore he will get the God mantra.

Of course if Rivers had orchestrated a game winning drive in the SB, it wouldn't have mattered if he had talked back to the opposing QB. I'm still waiting for Karma because it is getting frustrating.

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Living well is the best revenge. Next year is ours.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

It's just like I said in another thread "Dilfer and Johnson had a great defense to help them out when they played in the Super Bowl. Why didn't they get MVP?"

Let's look at the Super Bowl stats...
    Brad Johnson 18/34 215 2 1
    Trent Dilfer 12/25 153 1 0
    Eli Manning 19/34 255 2 1

Let's also add the Trent left the game in fourth quarter and Eli lost a fumble. With that said, neither stat is all that impressive.

Difference...
    Dilfer and Johnson are NOT media darlings!!!
    The entire Manning family ARE media Darlings!!!
    How many commercials have you seen featuring Dilfer or Johnson after they won the Super Bowl? EXACTLY!!!!
    How many ShEli commercials did you see before he won the Super Bowl (with or without Douche Bag Sr. and Retard Brother)? EXACTLY!!!

Can you say "Media Hype?"

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The answer to the question of the thread has been bouncing around in my head. It's yes, just read the annual Darwin Awards.

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    ...or the posts in the did LT puss out thread.

11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That's right up there with believing 5 or 6 drunks in the stands versus teammates and LT himself that he "pussed out."

12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I get all that, but that one drive "proved he was as good as his brother?" That statement is beyond asinine.