1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Are we activating Michael Bennett for final game?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Seems to me this is the time of year we kept him on the roster for....as well as insurance for LT. If he is going to see any action at all in the playoffs, we need to get him on the field for a few plays so that he's not completely rusty when he gets out there. He also proved to be a pretty nice asset on special teams.

Also, can anyone tell me if NFL rosters allow for expansion of the 45 man active roster limit for the playoffs? I can't seem to remember if the number is increased to 53 or not. I may just be getting confused with the roster expansion that occurs for baseball postseaon.

2. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Dang... I had forgotten about him for the entire freakin season....

Weird...

3. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    My adopted Charger had better not only be activated, but should also see signifigant playing time this weekend - this is the reason we kept him and cut guys like Kynan Forney (who went to Jacksonville) and our 4th round pick RB Gartrell Johnson (who was snatched up by the Giants) so both LT & Sproles should see very limited game action against Washington and Bennet & Tolbert should carry a heavy load.

I'll be looking to see Charlie Whitehurst get some reps late in the game as well! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    In case anyone was curious...I was able to find that the active roster limit does stay at 45 with 8 inactive for the postseason......so it is pretty doubtful that we are going to activate Bennett at this point barring injuries (knock on wood)....I think the same would apply to Buster.

5. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    I wish him well for some playing time!

6. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Paper said buster was activated.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/02/volek-sure-get-some-rare-playing-time/
    See injury report

7. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
  8. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    In all seriousness, based upon what I have seen from Bennett as a Charger, I would rather use Tolbert as the 3rd "power" back.

He has earned it through his play, IMO. :icon_banana:

9. gobolts2008

gobolts2008 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    LN is injured right now and theres a chance he wont be able to play the divisional round so theres a good chance Buster sees pt in the postseason

10. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    I do not think Naanee is too injured, and think 2 weeks should make him as good as new.

Besides, he is used sometimes as a de-facto TE, which can allow Kris Wilson to be used in his place.

Any excuse to avoid using Buster :lol:

11. gobolts2008

gobolts2008 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    from Kevin Acee-

Sources said this week that the foot injury that has kept Legedu Naanee from practicing at least one day each of the past four weeks will likely keep him out of practice during the bye week and it can't be certain he will be healthy for the Chargers' playoff opener. Naanee will not be active against the Redskins, and I was told if tomorrow were a meaningful game, Naanee would not play.

"Buster could have to play a role for us" in the playoffs, one source said.

• Like Like x 1
  12. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    You cannot read this 2 weeks in advance, though. I just hope that my optimism ends up coming true, as Naanee is a very underrated receiver and never ceases to make a big play when called upon.

13. gobolts2008

gobolts2008 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    OBV nobody here wants LN to be injured just reminding you that there is a chance Buster plays in the postseason LN is injured and it's something we should keep an eye on