1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, Jul 25, 2011.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Finally it could be 99% done. Woke up this morning and turned NFLN on to check the time/ whats new and I find Breaking News that the Players have agreed to vote.

FA begins Tuesday!!

NFL.com news: Team facilities to open Tuesday, pending vote by players

Negotiators for the NFL Players Association and the league finally came to an agreement on the terms of a new labor deal in the wee hours of Monday morning.

Sources involved in the talks told NFL Network and FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer that an agreement had been reached. The league's 32 player representatives and then all of its players still must vote to approve it, but at this point it appears a formality.

Sports Illustrated senior writer Peter King said player reps have scheduled a conference call for 11 a.m. ET Monday.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
    According to Glazer's sources, under the new terms, team facilities will open as early as Tuesday and training camps will begin Thursday for 10 teams, Friday for another 10 and over the weekend for the remaining 12 teams.

Barring any unforeseen complications, players will begin arriving at team facilities Tuesday to vote to recertify the NFLPA as a union. Once the players reach a majority, the sides can negotiate terms for the league’s drug programs, player discipline fines, workers comp, and other issues.

Still unclear is the timeline for free agency. During the lockout, which began on March 12, teams have not negotiated with their draft picks and have not signed undrafted free agents. That is expected to produce an unprecedented period of frenzy once an agreement has been ratified by both sides.

Earlier Sunday, it was learned that the league no longer needed to worry about placating the named plaintiffs in the Brady antitrust lawsuit. Requests for concessions for numerous players -- including but not limited to San Diego Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson and New England Patriots guard Logan Mankins -- loomed earlier in the week. But Jackson and Mankins dropped their demands for $10 million to settle the suit against the league, leaving fewer obstacles to a new collective bargaining agreement that would end the lockout, which started March 12.

Owners approved their proposal for a new collective bargaining agreement at their meeting Thursday in Atlanta by a vote of 31-0 (the Oakland Raiders abstained). Owners wanted the NFLPA's 13-member executive committee to vote on that agreement Friday, but the players said they need more information, and took issue with portions of the proposal. That led to a long but productive weekend, with the committee meeting in Washington, D.C., to hash out the deal on their end.

The major economic framework for the 10-year deal was worked out a week ago. That included how the more than $9 billion in annual league revenues will be divided (about 53 percent to owners and 47 percent to players over the next decade; the old CBA resulted in nearly a 50-50 split); a per-club cap of about $120 million for salary and bonuses in 2011 -- and at least that in 2012 and 2013 -- plus about $22 million in benefits; a salary system to rein in spending on first-round draft picks; and unrestricted free agency for most players after four seasons.

A solution to the NFL's first work stoppage since 1987 would come too late to save the Hall of Fame game on Aug. 7. It was canceled last Thursday by the league.

However, no other cancellations would be needed if things are settled this week. The preseason is scheduled to begin Aug. 11 with Seattle at San Diego. Super Bowl champion Green Bay is set to host New Orleans in the regular-season kickoff on Sept. 8.

Hells Yea!!

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Jus lookin over that and nice we got the 1st primetime Pseason game on the 11th.

4. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    August 11th we can start drinking beer in the parking lot!

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Well you all can. Im stuck with missouri area broadcast. I prob gonna go to my second charger game ever when they come here on Halloween in primetime. That game is gonna kick *** as much as week 1 opener. I kno we lost by 7 and about 2 mistakes, but it was a great first ever game it rained... monsooned for 3 quarters of the game.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
  7. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    well come on by M4 there will be a cold one waiting for ya

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Anyone coming to Denver this year? SDSU plays @ Airforce only a couple days after the Bolts @ Broncos. Would make for a good road trip. Anyone making it, let me know and we can go have a couple beers

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Time to start tryinging to mooch tickets! LOL

10. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    FINALLY!!!

So happy, because the only game I can go to this year is when they play Dallas in week 2 of the pre-season!

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

Sponge Conc Square Head. LOL

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Has the NFLPA made the official announcement that they have accepted the deal?

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I working on that. On gameday I can leave here on a United Flight at 6:18am, arrive in Denver at 9:30am(ish), catch the game at the stadium & be back in San Diego at 10:45pm. Flight won't cost me anything as I have enough AMEX points that will pay for the ticket. Only expense would be for food & game ticket. Just gotta run it past my wife.

14. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Are right now.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Well crap! Now we have to go back to arguing about our players, numbers on jersies, and FA signing or the lack there of.

Back to business as usual folks!

16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    FIRE NORV!

17. Joey

Joey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Good news, made my day! Will be at the Q for Week 1 vs the Vikings and in Jacksonville in week 13. Go Bolts.

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Get ready for the wildest free agency in the history of sports. Go to it AJ

19. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    My parents should be at that game- also i remember seeing a thread on the forums about the possibility of a bolttalk road trip to the Denver game

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Oh, don't forget the "I hate Norv" and "I hate AJ" arguements

21. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Where's N4L? It's about time he made an appearance.

22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    He's trying to figure out which multi to post under: Either Blount Punch or 1 Cool Guy 13x Troll.

23. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Give him some credit man, I don't think he's 1 Cool Guy. That guys on his own level of just... dumb. N4L is just a Norv hater lol

24. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I did it! I finally closed the deal!

No problem, bros. I just wanted you guys to have football this year.

25. dizzle498

dizzle498 Bolts lover 4 life

Ratings:
    +10
    I can finally return to the forum without crying uncontrollably. Going to be a good 10 years boys! Lets get this season going ASAP.

Need to keep Weddle and Clary, everyone else can kiss my ***...Lets go Bolts!

26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    This really sucks for the UFL, I was hoping the players would hold out for a better deal.

27. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,405
    The UFL is a dying entity...... say your goodbyes now.

28. Mobius

Mobius BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Glad to see a deal is done, looking forward to the crazy free agency that's about start. Wondering if we will be buyers after last seasons debacle.

Sent from my Epic Android using Tapatalk

29. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Timing is everything!! Season tickets arrived today. Bolt Up!

30. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Well I want to keep a few more that arent exactly favorites like Legs and Siler. And of course Weddle and Clary. Yes I like what he has done at RT and can continue to do and improve on.