1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Arrington In Serious Condition

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Drunk, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Lavar Arrington was involved in a motor cycle crash. You can believe me or post a link for better credibility.

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Report: Lavar Arrington injured in crash

Media outlets in Washington have reported that former Giants linebacker LaVar Arrington was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident Monday near Washington's Capital Beltway.

Fire officials told the WTOP Radio that Arrington was listed in serious condition, but a hospital spokeswoman said his condition was stable. No other details about his injuries were immediately available.

According to WUSA-TV, the former No. 2 overall draft pick in 2000 was driving his motorcycle on the Rt. 50 off-ramp to the Beltway when the crash occurred. The location of the crash is less than two miles from FedEx Field near Landover, Md., where Arrington played for the Washington Redskins for the first six years of his career.

WUSA reported that Arrington's injuries are not life-threatening, and that his wife and other relatives had joined him at Prince George's Hospital Center in Cheverly, Md.

Arrington signed a seven-year, $49-million deal with Giants last summer, but the team released him in February after he had played just six games. Arrington's season ended on Oct. 23 when he tore his Achilles tendon against Dallas.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Best wishes to Lavar. Get better soon.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Hope he heals up
    unfortunately i imagine his playing career is quite over with

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Same here.

The joke is in poor taste but yet another blown lane assignment.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hope he gets better soon.

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Back when I used to ride, I had a few friends take bad spills. A couple of them didn't make it, one sustained a head injury bad enough that he's not really the same person, and another will walk with a limp for the rest of his life.

Accidents on a motorcycle are no joke. Glad Levar got away with only a few broken bones. Could have been much worse. I wish him a speedy recovery.

8. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :icon_rofl:

I am going to hell anyway, so I dont feel too bad for laughing. :yes:

9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I know that I will go hades bound with this.

I just had to :icon_rofl::lol::icon_rofl::lol::icon_rofl: because it is so funny.

On a seious note. I hope that Lavar will be OK. I hope his playing days are not all over.:unsure:

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Hmm....

Didn't he notice when Ben Roethlisberger and Kellen Winslow Jr. got hurt?

11. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    What the hell. Whee the fugg you been slug. I thought somebody dropped salt on you or something...