1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Article on Cam Thomas

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Mar 13, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
  2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I really hope we can get him in the 2nd. I don't want to touch Cody at all, Thomas is the guy I want

3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Yep, I like Thomas and the texas d-tackle as well. The cal d-tackle isn't bad either. But a bit smaller.

Just say NO to cody. As we've learned when a player has trouble with his weight its hard to control that.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Exactly, people seem to have forgotten about Fonoti. All the talent in the world, but a fat pig who couldn't control his weight. That is what Cody is going to end up being

as for Lamarr Houston (Texas) and Tyson Alualu (Cal) are both too small for a 3-4 NT. Houston is listed at 305 and Alualu is listed at 295. Both may be good fits for DE though. But I doubt DE will not be a position we target early. With Martin, Castillo, Bingham, and Travis Johnson coming back, along with Ian Scott, OG, and Garay, I just have a feeling DE will not be a position that is targeted

5. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    I like Cam, but I am not sure if he is better than what we have as NT candidates. I am just as happy giving Vaughn or OG a chance. A player of Cody'simmense potential only surfaces once every 6 or 7 drafts.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    He is a cow who will be out of the league in 5 years just like Fonoti. If he is that rare of a player, then he will be gone by the time we pick anyways. Fat guys like him are around every year, just most aren't coming from big schools so don't get a chance.

We already had a guy with his size, and we let him walk. Remember Brandon McKinney? 6'2 360lb is what he is listed at with the Ravens. That is a guy we should have never let go of

7. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    I have never seen any fat guys just decimate opposing D-lines quite like him in quite some time, though. Fat guys occupy blockers, but being able to end up in SEC backfields with regularity is no easy task.

That said, AJ will make the right choice.

8. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    I like Cam as well. Doesn't have some personal problems however?

Also Cody dropped weight before the combine and before the pro day. Usually lazy fat loser players don't lose weight.

People like Dwyer and he has had a weight problem all his life and he did very poorly in combine and drills. A 3rd round RB at best.

9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    It is much easier to drop weight before a HUGE pay day that it is to keep it off, which he wasn't able to do which is why he balloon up to nearly 370 in about 2 months after the season ended

By the way, I am a lazy fat *** and I have lost 20lbs since new years. And when you are 370, losing 25lbs ins't that hard. But keeping it off is MUCH harder. Unless he has a clause in his contract requiring him to stay under 350, I don't want him in the 1st