1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

As the biggest Cottrell hater on this board...........

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 22, 2008.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    He did a lot better tonight.

Full blitz packages, press coverage, forcing them to get the ball out quick......much better. The 29 looks bad, but the INT return and the BIG kick returns are mostly to blame.

2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    STill needs to improve. WE've got way too much player talent on denfensse for this defense to be so porus.

I still say fire cottrell. Rivera with one hand tied behind his back could do better. Were still not solid at all.

No offense to the cottrell family. But I would like to see a super bowl championship for the chargers. Spanos has to pull away from the bar and realize were hurting defensively.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I think somebody called him when ESPN said that Favre Beans gets nervous when the defense moves around

I swear, I saw it. As soon as they made that comment, our defense started moving around

FIRE FAT BOY!!!

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Oh I agree they still need to get better.

But 3 of their 4 TD drives were shorter than 20yds, one of them being the INT, blame that on the ST's.

5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...As another certifiable Ted Cottrell hater, I'll admit the defense at least press covered for a change and sent some blitzes. By the way, did anyone catch the Favre interview on ESPN following the game? He mentioned that the Bolts definitely surprised him somewhat with the press coverage and blitz packages. He went on to say that the Charger personnel lends itself better to press coverage and not laying back. This is why Ted has to go. He wastes sooooo much time and unneccesary losses, finally learning what even our opponents already knew.

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Exactly, he was expecting the Chargers he saw in week 3 last year in Green Bay, and the one he's been watching on film the last 2 weeks.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    It's amazing how much better a defense looks when it sends all out blitzes and gets pressure on a qb.

Still don't care for Turd Cottrell.

8. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Neither do I.

He needs to do it against a team that didn't win only 4 games last year, I dont care how much better a 39yr old washed up HOFr makes them.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    ditto
    but it looks like someone finally found those saved files from last year, thank God

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I actually didn't see a lot of all out blitzes. Looked like we were just sending one extra guy about 40-50% of the time. But I only saw more than 5 guys coming once or twice.

11. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I'm telling you guys,

someone phoned him and told him the secret to beatinf favre beans is to move around. shake things up.

we were just standing around until he got the message

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    i think they found those saved files from 2007 hidden in a zip drive and started uploading them into Cottrell. Unfortunately it takes a long time so I don't think its more then 1/3 of the way done.

13. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...With Cro, Jammer and Cason, we should be able to pull off a Philly, Raven or Steeler blitzfest every now and then. Imagine Jimmie Johnson, Rex Ryan or even Dick Lebeau as our DC. Philly and the Ravens had the mighty Patsies in what should been losses last year with average offenses, and less than average QBs at the helm. They had them because they pulled out all the stops and were aggressive and very creative on defense. It's all about confusion and disguising your blitzes. I don't understand why we can't just mimic what these devastating defenses do? Is our personnel that inferior? With this offense, the Chargers should just put people away but Teddy has me pulling my hair out most of the time instead:tdown:

14. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

:lol:

prolly using dial-up

!!!

:icon_evil:

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I still have the tar hot, the feathers waiting, & a shiny rail outta town picked out.

AJ - can this fat POS & put the Buffalo Days nostalgia behind you, mmmkay? :icon_evil: