1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ask Cris - By Cris Carter, Yahoo! Sports

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Yahoo! Sports

Some of the fans around here have suggested that the San Diego Chargers' recent poor performance is due to a change in the head coach. I don't see the logic in that. The players are so talented and many of them played together last year. What do you think? Can a head coach really be the main problem?"
    Nick
    San Diego

I don't think their problem is the head coach. Yes, they've had a lot of coaching changes and most of the player personnel have remained the same, but that's not the problem. While this team had a great deal of success last season, you just can't go out there and expect to repeat what you did a year ago. People want to project that they'll automatically make the AFC title game, but every year is different. This is an organization that's not used to perennial success, so the players have to learn how to build on success.
    Another thing that's hurt them is the schedule. Especially given the way the Green Bay Packers are playing right now, there's no shame in losing at Lambeau Field. Of course, you would have liked to see a greater effort against the New England Patriots, but that was also a tough game. When you consider the Chargers' opener against the Bears, their schedule has been brutal.

Yahoo! Sports

2. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Glad to see someone referencing that the Bolts' schedule has been brutally tough. If they dismantle the Chiefs, things will get back on track.

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Yep. Time to make a statement. A good ole *** stomping will shut up all the peeps.

4. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    The problem is that Morty wiped their asses every week and they will now have to learn how to wipe their own asses. It is a learning process.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    OK but then what's going to happen when we face the Ravens, Colts and all the toughest teams?

Now I agree that is we stomp the Quiefs, that WILL make a statement but that will be just the beginning.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Not quite. Quiefs, Donkos, and Retards are horrible right now and now is the time to beat them up and gain some ground but our oppertunity to shut the peeps up won't come till week 10 against the Ponies!!!!

There is no reason in the world that we should not go into week 10 at 6-2!!! :bolt:

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I pretty much agree w/ everything CC said.

8. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I agree and this week is crucial to get the ball rolling

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    But we don't face the Ravens, Vikings, Colts, Jaguars etc on back-to-back-to-back weeks. At least initially we had the most brutal two game stretch of any team and frankly you probably can throw in GB as a tough game. I don't say that's an excuse for all of our problems but that's not what the Patriots had to go through (@ Jets, home for us and BIlls) which is a pretty mild schedule.

10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Well, we do have the advantage of playing the Ravens and Colts at home. We certainly have not seen the Chargers play their best yet this year. As long as they get better every week, I think things will get turned around.