1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Aussie Rules Player Opens Door For Austrailian Kickers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Jul 12, 2007
    On NFL Live today, John Clayton reported that Eagles punter Sav Rocca, a former Aussie Rules Football player, has impressed Andy Reid and may beat out incumbent punter Dirk Johnson.

Clayton goes on further to state that Rocca and Ben Graham of the Jets opened the door for other Aussie Rules football players. Rocca says he can average 50 yards a kick, and by kicking the tip of the football, can accurately "pooch kick" inside the opponents five.

Way to be late to the party John!

All of this stuff happened A DECADE AGO when Darren Bennett did all of that. HE was the one who opened the door to Aussie Rules players.
  2. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2006
    You tell em SL!:bolt:
  3. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Dec 4, 2006
    Punting is soooo underrated. My brother was a kicker/punter in high school, so at the time, I would've been about 8 or 9 years old. But I always wondered why he wouldn't put the ball behind the goal posts. He certainly had the leg to do it (he was offered a partial scholarship). After a while I realized it was about positioning and hang-time, took some time and a lot of explaining but I finally understood.

That reminds me, anyone ever watch that disney movie w/ Tony Danza: "The Garbage Picking, Field Goal Picking Man" or whatver it was called. :lol: That movie was a classic. So glad I'm not an Eagles fan.