1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

B4L and MD present the hate fest thread...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MountainDew, Nov 23, 2008.

1. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Dude *****ed out on the final drive and settled for a field goal when we should of had a touchdown on the 4 and 1 play with 1:45 remaining. Norv your a big ***** worse then Marty. ******* cost me a grand! We had the momentum and everything Oh ya, **** L.T.! sit his *** or trade him asap while he has some vaulue. The stupid ***** cant even catch a ****ing pass.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Norv is a ****ing *****!

**** YEAH DUDE!!!!

Death to N:icon_huh:rv!!!

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    MARTY!!! MARTY!!! MARTY!!!

Some of you say you want Cowher. Well, it took Cowher 13 seasons with the Steelers to win a Super Bowl title.

The majority of you *(so called) fans wanted Marty fired so badly. Well you have no right to say anything so STFU!!!
    BUT... had we stuck with Marty, we might have seen a Super Bowl eventually. Maybe not as fast as we wanted it but we would have got it!!! Same way Cowher brought it to Pittsburgh!!!!

4. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Norv is a ****ing *****!

You got my Coke and Corona besides the grand you owe someone!!!!
    Give them back!!!!!!!!!:yes::yes:

5. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326

Yep.....Say So is true

6. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326

Be careful what you wish for cause you got it.........NORV!!!!

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

YUP!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Most of you are stupid!!

8. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    Norv is a ****ing *****!

Hey MD I didn't want your MountainDew.....That was yours!!!

9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155

How many seasons did it take Marty to win a Super Bowl, I forgot. Clearly it must of been fewer years than Cowher if that was your reason to not go for Cowher.

And of course Marty has made it to more Super Bowls than Cowher....

Right?

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155

I never wished for Norv, and I bet you at least 90% of the people who wanted Marty fired had Norv as their least wanted HC. So kind of tough to blame them for that atrocity.

I could of gone either way with the Marty firing, I didn't like him trying to bring in his brother as d-coordinator, but I'll tell you one thing, the last guy I wanted as our HC was Norv Turner.

I wanted one of the 3: Ryan, Rivera, or Singletary.

11. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192

Yea, because everyone was just wishing for Norv to come to the team.................:no::no:

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

Hey, man, back off a little. Many of us here didn't want Norv, but we tried to support the team & not fill the entire board with "I hate Norv" threads. Just because some folks are congratulating you for being right about him doesn't make you a prophet nor give you the right to make yet another blanket statement.

A lot of us were simply trying to give the guy a chance & support the decision. Doesn't mean that we liked the choice. And before you start any back-pedaling, I do realize that "most" doesn't equal "everyone but you". It's still pretty much of a blanket statement. :tdown:

13. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

I don't remember anyone putting Norv on a wish list, I only remember a lot of us accepting our new coach and looking at it in as positive fashion as possible. I suppose by your logic we were all suppose to ***** and moan and be unhappy people for the last year and a half, despite the afcc appearance.

As far as Cowher needing 13 years is pitt is concerned, you do know that he is not gauranteed to win another super bowl with a new team in the same time span right? I am sure he is a much more intelligent coach now than he was in 1992.

Personally I don't give a shyt who they bring in to coach this team so long as they have cajones, an agressive nature, and connects well with the players, those are three things we seem to be lacking as of right now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

Could it be that our next HC might actually be right under our noses? :icon_shrug:

15. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Norv is a ****ing *****!

For me last night’s loss wasn't about the coaching, it was the defence not rising to the occasion and another key fumble/turnover. Had our defence held, who knows what would have happened in OT, but another brutal fumble by Rivers when were driving? The Colts immediately took advantage of the turnover with a TD. In fact that’s the key to this season as far as I'm concerned, our players do not take advantage of situations, we bend then break. I don't get that "inevitable feeling" that were gonna score when we get the ball. The Colts last night definitely made me feel that way, when they got the ball at the end of the game was there any doubt Manning would drive them to victory? I haven't had that feeling all year....

Crap...........

16. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8

Guys please stop and think before you call for Marty! Remember Marty ball how boring and predicable his play calling was? Run, run run..... He had success with it because Tomlinson was on fire during the Marty years.... No more. We need something new, we need change. Like Obama says "Yes, we can. Yes, we can change. Yes, we can."

17. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56

Here is my take on our Bolts situation.

Marty was a great hire for a young team. Marty brought a sense of toughness and grind it out football to our team. He took no crap and held players accountable.

Problem was, defensively we were one of the top teams. Offensively, Marty would rather grind it out running, running & running. Wearing down the other team. Then we got to the point of the playoffs were the other teams were just as good if not better then us. His style of football proved that (in AJ's mind) wasn't going to take us to the next level.

Now Norv comes in who is a good coach for young QB's and is more offensive minded and less defensive. I think we did as good as we did last year because our defense still had a little bit of Marty in them. That is gone now and so is the desire, passion and the ability to play your position. We have a running back who obviously excels when holes are opened up for him and without the down after down of hammering the defensive line they just don't have the rhythm to get those holes opened up. Thus LT suffers as do the Chargers. Rivers is no doubt going to be a great QB but we need a definite indentity on offense. I feel too strongly that there is a power struggle with LT & Rivers. It was nice seeing LT get more touches yesterday, especially in the passing game.

Defensively I think we are back on the right track with Rivera and we will get back to holding the opponents to fewer points. The question is......is our offense up to scoring more then our opponents?

PS: Rivers......Stop turning the damn ball over. Those turnovers are costing us the games.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,631

You need to stop insulting the entire forum Allen. Seriously.

19. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +193

We will never have a real head coach, with the "Shadow Coach" AJ Smith pulling the strings, trying to control everything. Do any of you think any A Level NFL Head coaches would accept this job, with AJ Smith here?

20. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Norv is a ****ing *****!

I haven't had that feeling since Dan Fouts left town 20 + years ago. When he had the ball I knew we were going to score. Now it is an adventure everytime and more often than not ends in disaster.:icon_sad:

21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Norv is a ****ing *****!

marty would have kicked the field goal too.

marry him

22. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Norv is a ****ing *****!

:yes:
    Without a question he would have kicked the FG on 4th and 2.

Remember, the ref moved the ball back 1 from the original spot.

23. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Norv is a ****ing *****!

That's because both N:icon_huh:rv and Marty don't have balls.

Dungy, huge ones. Guess which coach has a ring?

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

That's not the point of this thread. I knew it was a huge mistake to fire Marty in the first place. Especially in March all because AJ doesn't like him!!! Well Marty wasn't hired to be anybody's buddy.

It should have been done this way... Let Marty finish out his contract and then make a decision.
    Most people here wanted him gone at all cost and those people should be happy with the way things are!!

25. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +913

Dude, some people don't get it. They think that if you don't post 100 threads a day pissing and moaning about Norv, that means you love the guy.

You are correct, most of us didn't want Norv, we just hoped for the best. Unfortunately, it ain't happening.

• Like Like x 1
  26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

You wanted Marty gone and you got it.
    You have no right to speak in disappointment!!!

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Yup. Marty is gone because AJ didn't like him.
    Then he hires a buddy and a puppet!!! :icon_evil:

28. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,631

What is it we always say to Raiders fans? "Stop living in the past."

Well, Marty is gone, and he's not coming back. Was it the right call to make? I still believe it was. And I stand behind AJ for it. Was Norv the right guy to hire? I used to think maybe, I no longer do. He was clearly the wrong guy for the job and still wish we would have hired the guy I wanted all along, Singletary. But nothing I can do to fix it.

Hiring N:icon_huh:rv is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY Allen, but you seem to link the two together as if firing Marty automatically = N:icon_huh:rv as our HC. It's simply not true, it's just the way it played out. BTW, if Marty is fired RIGHT AFTER we lost to the Pats like AJ wanted, we'd have had an entirely different set of coaches available, including OUR OWN coordinators to promote. Don't forget that.

I think just about everyone is on board the FIRE N:icon_huh:rv train right about now. IMO, he was clearly the wrong guy for us long term (even though last year was wonderful). The team is going backwards, not forwards. I have seen N:icon_huh:rv make some of the DUMBEST mistakes in the last few week than I've ever seen a H/C making in a long time watching fb. He's clearly not H/C material, PERIOD.

• Like Like x 1
  29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Norv is a ****ing *****!

We also wouldn't be 4-7 if we still Had Marty. We probably wouldn't need that field goal just to tie the game either.

Time to just face it... firing Marty (especially in March) was stupid. Very Stupid!!

30. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Norv is a ****ing *****!

Firing Marty WAS NOT the mistake. Hiring N:icon_huh:rv was. One =/= the other..