1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bailey, Anderson Could Miss Game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT teh ghost, Sep 13, 2005.

1. LT teh ghost

LT teh ghost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +313

2. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    word is bailey is out and anderson is mostlikely to miss the game.

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    That's good news to me. We got tons of firepower on the offensive side so we should score 30+ points easily.

4. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    hopefully you are right.

5. BasPilot

BasPilot BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Screw Chump Bailey, he's not that good. Look at why Chad Johnson did to him last year on Monday night. Had the fool on the ground staring at him as Chad caught a 57 yard touchdown pass on a 3-16 play.... not that the details matter much to me!!

6. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    whats the report on bailey? is he out?

7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Friday Notebook: Unhindered By a Harness

From the Broncos website

By Andrew Mason
    DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- A second consecutive day of work on the practice field allowed the Broncos to upgrade cornerback Champ Bailey to probable on Friday, and the seventh-year cornerback reported "no setbacks" as he continued his work just five days after dislocating his left shoulder.

"Every day is a step in the right direction," Bailey said. "I'm ready to go."

Added Head Coach Mike Shanahan: "He had a good practice today. He's definitely full go."

But it doesn't mean that Bailey will get his shoulder back to where it was before last weekend -- at least, not this season.

"I don't think it'll ever be back to normal this year because I'm going to be pounding every week," he said. "It's just something I've got to deal with. It's painful, but it's nothing new."

But the harness that Bailey donned Thursday and Friday didn't hinder him a great deal.

"I just can't go too far above my head," Bailey said. "It just kind of keeps me from going in the wrong direction, but I can still pick the ball off, catch balls, stuff like that."

If Bailey starts Sunday, it will extend his streak of consecutive games played -- and starts -- to 101, including three postseason appearances. He has not missed a regular-season or playoff game since joining the Washington Redskins as their first-round pick in 1999.

THIRD DOWNER: The Broncos' 1-for-12 performance rankled them -- but perhaps none moreso than wide receiver Rod Smith, who wasn't willing to mince words regarding his frustation with the team's inability to convert in that scenario.

"The one thing that bothered me the most -- and it's going to probably bother me until I die -- is we were 8 percent on third downs," he said. "That's one thing that I am carrying with me into this week, is to find a way to remedy third downs, because if you can stay on the football field and not punt that many times, your defense is going to be in better field position. If nothing else, you're going to get more points. That's obvious. That's the only way you win in this business, is by having points."

"I don't think it's ever been that bad since I've been here, so I really take that to heart."

Only twice, actually. The Broncos were 1-for-12 on third downs at Tampa Bay in 1999 and 0-for-9 at Kansas City in 1995.

"I pride myself on moving the sticks. Every chance I get, I'm trying to move the sticks. That's one stat of mine that I do keep up with -- how many times I catch the ball and get first downs.," Smith said. "I'm definitely looking for opportunities for us as a unit to be better, keep the sticks moving and get some points on the field."

ANDERSON RETURNS: Like Bailey, running back Mike Anderson was upgraded to probable as he practiced Friday after missing the Thursday session to attend a funeral.

"Mike Anderson took a lot of reps today in practice and looked pretty good out there," Shanahan said. "Unless there's a setback, he should be ready to go."

Anderson suffered a separation of rib cartilage early in Sunday's loss at Miami and did not play the final three quarters. He had been limited to brief scout-team work in Wednesday's practice.

BRONCOS BYTES: Nate Jackson remains listed as questionable with a hamstring injury, but he did not practice Friday ... D.J. Williams landed on the injury report with a shoulder problem, but he is slated as probable and practiced Friday afternoon.