1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ball Watchers Anonymous

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Wouldn't a link have been easier? I'm asking in all seriousness.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,178
    I did not think so. But feel free to delete the thread.

If our goal is easy posts I will stop trying to create threads to draw people into discussing something.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Please don't delete.

We can turn it into a basic Football 101 discussion.

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I played high school football too. :tup:

No DB for me though, so I couldn't tell you a cover 3 from a cover 4. At least not from what I learned in HS football. I played both o-line and d-line.

5. Blackened

Blackened BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    What the..

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I never brought up deleting this thread, and honestly, it never crossed my mind.

Regardless of what some people around here think, I don't just delete posts or threads.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Sorry I didnt see why the question would even come up. I may just be really really tired but it befuddled me...:icon_shrug:

I dont think you delete threads, I am just saying if this doesnt fit the BT vision then remove it. It takes time and effort to look this information up, format it, and post it. So if I am waisting my time let me know now.

Of course Rexy might kill us both as that would drive me to pad more in the RWA thread...:lol:

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Naw dude, if you want to post this info, please go right ahead and post away. I just thought if you had a link it would be easier than going though all the effort.

Happy posting my friend.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    The info isnt from one site, I have been compiling the information during pirate raids to multiple site to build the peace de resistance of cut and past information.

That and it helped me reach 15k...:lol:

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Good work then. Please continue. :icon_tease:

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Acutally Thumper let me apologize for the tone of my initial responce. It does not come across correctly and I was out of line.

BoltTalk historically has been a lightly moderated forum, Thread closures are extreemly rare, thread mergers happen only every now and again. So to post in the manner I did, which the morning after looks as though I am accusing you of deleting threads (Which was not the intent), is wrong of me.

Accept my apologies... I am ready for the AFCF...

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Who is going to be the first to post the kiss kiss smiley? Odds are JL...

13. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Nope that will be me. :icon_tease::kisskiss:

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    *sigh* Get the rue out... Time to make some turtle gumbo, cajun style!

15. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Oh hell yeah!!

I got upgraded from just an ordinary soup to a gumbo now Yippee.! :icon_rofl::icon_banana:

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The CBA opens as a PDF file and does not allow me to copy anything.

There is probably a way to do it but I just do not know how to do it.
    That much is believable.

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Riiiiiight...

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The new link for the new CBA.

http://www.nflpa.org/CBA/CBA_Complete.aspx

If you know how to cut copy and paste, show me because I do not think it can be done.

I would especially like to see Article XI (Commissioners Discipline) cut and pasted but fuc - I can not figure it out. You do it smarty pants if you think it is doable.

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Ahhh you use the text select tool, select your text and copy it!

ARTICLE XI
    COMMISSIONER DISCIPLINE

Section 1. League Discipline: Notwithstanding anything stated in Article IX (Non-Injury Grievance):
    (a) All disputes involving a fine or suspension imposed upon a player for conduct on the playing field
    other than as described in Subsection (b) below, or involving action taken against a player by the Commissioner
    for conduct detrimental to the integrity of, or public confidence in, the game of professional football, will be
    processed exclusively as follows: the Commissioner will promptly send written notice of his action to the
    player, with a copy to the NFLPA. Within twenty (20) days following such written notification, the player
    affected thereby, or the NFLPA with the player’s approval, may appeal in writing to the Commissioner.
    (b) Fines or suspensions imposed upon players for unnecessary roughness or unsportsmanlike conduct
    on the playing field with respect to an opposing player or players shall be determined initially by a person
    appointed by the Commissioner after consultation concerning the person being appointed with the Executive
    Director of the NFLPA, as promptly as possible after the event(s) in question. Such person will send written
    notice of his action to the player, with a copy to the NFLPA. Within ten (10) days following such notification,
    the player, or the NFLPA with his approval, may appeal in writing to the Commissioner.
    (c) On receipt of a notice of appeal under subsection (a) or (b) above, the Commissioner will designate a
    time and place for a hearing to be commenced within ten (10) days thereafter, at which he or his designee (other
    than the person appointed in (b) above) will preside. The Commissioner will consult with the Executive
    Director of the NFLPA concerning the person to serve each season as the Commissioner’s designee.
    The hearing may be by telephone conference call, if the player so requests. As soon as practicable following the
    conclusion of such hearing, the Commissioner will render a written decision which will constitute full, final and
    complete disposition of the dispute and will be binding upon the player(s) and Club(s) involved and the parties
    to this Agreement with respect to that dispute. Any discipline imposed pursuant to subparagraph (b) above may
    only be affirmed, reduced, or vacated by the Commissioner in such decision, and may not be increased.
    Section 2. Time Limits: Each of the time limits set forth in this Article may be extended by mutual agreement
    of the Commissioner and the player(s) and the Club(s) involved.
    Section 3. Representation: In any hearing provided for in this Article, a player may be accompanied by
    counsel of his choice. A representative of the NFLPA may also participate in such hearing and represent the
    player. In any such hearing, a Club representative may be accompanied by counsel of his choice. A
    representative of the Management Council may also participate in such hearing and represent the Club. The
    NFLPA and Management Council have the right to attend all hearings provided for in this Article. At the
    hearing, the player, the NFLPA and the Management Council will have the right to present, by testimony or
    otherwise, any evidence relevant to the hearing. All hearings shall be transcribed.
    Section 4. Costs: Unless the Commissioner determines otherwise, each party will bear the cost of its own
    witnesses, counsel and the like.
    Section 5. One Penalty: The Commissioner and a Club will not discipline a player for the same act or conduct.
    The Commissioner’s disciplinary action will preclude or supersede disciplinary action by any Club for the same
    act or conduct.
    Section 6. Fine Money: Any fine money collected pursuant to this Article will be contributed to the Brian
    Piccolo Cancer Fund, the Vincent T. Lombardi Cancer Research Center, ALS Neuromuscular Research
    Foundation, and the NFLPA Players Assistance Trust (“P.A.T.”) or will be used for such other purpose as the
    Parties may agree. In the absence of any such agreement, any such fine money shall be allocated equally among
    the four (4) organizations mentioned in the preceding sentence.​

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Wait....I think I figured it out. I have a snapshot tool thing in the Adobe tool bar.

Let me see if this works....damn I might be a genius on this thing after all .........

****...I failed after I thought I had it figured out.

I got to where I pasted the snapshot of the PDF doc onto a WORD DOC but it will not paste to here. Hell, it will not let me even edit the doc in WORD. Fuc it. This is when I just give it the finger because now it becomes exercises in what the fuc.

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I do not have that text select tool thing you mentioned or can not find it on the Adobe Tool bar. I have the latest free download of Adobe and not the store bought version. I am not sure if that makes a difference.

**** now I am triple hunting for that "text select key" because I do not see it.....pissss

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Throw a dude a bone. Where the hell do I find that text select key? I gave up. I have Adobe 7.0 according to the tool bar logo thingy.

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    ****....it was a right click thing on a menu...I think I figured it out.

December 6, 2006 DRAFT
    ARTICLE XIV
    NFL PLAYER CONTRACT
    Section 1. Form: The NFL Player Contract form attached hereto as Appendix C will be used for all player
    signings. This form cannot be amended without the approval of the Management Council and the NFLPA.
    Section 2. Term: The NFL Player Contract shall expire on the last day of the last League Year subject to
    such Contract.
    Section 3. Changes:
    (a) Notwithstanding Section 1 above, changes may be agreed to between a Club and a player in a
    player’s contract or contracts consistent with the provisions of this Agreement and the Settlement
    Agreement.
    (b) The NFL Player Contract shall provide that, other than any rights the player may have as a
    member of the class in White v. NFL, No. 4-92-906 (D. Minn.) to object to the Settlement Agreement
    during its review by the District Court, the player waives and releases any claims: (i) arising out of, related
    to, or asserted in that action; and (ii) for conduct engaged in pursuant to the Settlement Agreement during
    the express term of the Settlement Agreement.
    Section 4. Conformity: All Player Contracts signed prior to the execution of this Agreement and in effect
    during the term of this Agreement shall be deemed amended in such a manner to require the parties to
    comply with the mandatory terms of this Agreement and the Settlement Agreement.
    Section 5. General, Notices, Prohibitions, etc.:
    (a) (i) Any agreement between any player and any Club concerning terms and conditions of
    employment shall be set forth in writing in a Player Contract as soon as practicable. Each Club shall
    provide to the NFLMC a copy of each such Player Contract within two days of the execution of such
    contract by the player and the Club. The NFLMC shall provide to the NFLPA a copy of each executed
    Player Contract it receives from a Club within two business days of its receipt of such Player Contract. It is
    anticipated that each Club will send a copy of each such Player Contract to the NFLMC by overnight mail
    the day it is so executed, and the NFLMC will send a copy of such copy to the NFLPA by overnight mail
    the day it is so received. The NFLMC shall provide to the NFLPA any salary information received from a
    Club which is relevant to whether such Player Contract complies with Article XVII (Entering Player Pool)
    and/or Article XXIV (Guaranteed League-wide Salary, Salary Cap & Minimum Team Salary), within two
    business days following the NFL’s receipt of such information. Promptly upon but no later than two
    business days after the signing of any Veteran with less than three Accrued Seasons to a Player Contract,
    the signing Club shall notify the NFLMC, which shall notify the NFLPA of such signing.
    (ii) In the event that an Unrestricted Free Agent signs a Player Contract with a Club other than his
    prior Club between July 5 and July 15, the Player or his Agent shall promptly notify the Players
    Association, which will promptly notify the NFLMC in writing, and the New Club shall promptly notify
    the NFLMC, in writing, of such signing. If neither the NFLMC nor the Players Association has received
    any such written notice prior to midnight on July 15, such Player Contract shall be deemed not to have
    been signed within the signing period prescribed by Article XIX, Section 1(b)(i).
    (b) Any agreement between any player or Player Affiliate and any Club or Club Affiliate providing
    for the player to be compensated by the Club or Club Affiliate for non-football-related services shall be set
    forth in writing and disclosed and provided to the NFLMC within five business days of the execution or
    making of the agreement. The NFLMC shall provide such information to the NFLPA within two business
    days of the receipt of such information.
    (c) No Club shall pay or be obligated to pay any player or Player Affiliate (not including retired
    players) other than pursuant to the terms of a signed NFL Player Contract or a contract for non-football
    related services as described in Section 5(b) above. Nothing contained in the immediately preceding
    sentence shall interfere with a Club’s obligation to pay a player deferred compensation earned under a prior
    Player Contract.
    (d) During the period any Salary Cap is in effect, in addition to any rights a Club may presently have
    under the NFL Player Contract, any Player Contract may be terminated if, in the Club’s opinion, the player
    December 6, 2006 DRAFT
    ARTICLE XIV
    NFL PLAYER CONTRACT (CONT.)
    being terminated is anticipated to make less of a contribution to the Club’s ability to compete on the
    playing field than another player or players whom the Club intends to sign or attempt to sign, or another
    player or players who is or are already on the roster of such Club, and for whom the Club needs Room.
    This Subsection shall not affect any Club or Club Affiliate’s obligation to pay a player any guaranteed
    consideration.
    (e) No Player Contract may contain any individually negotiated provision transferring any player
    intellectual property rights to any Club or Club Affiliate or any Club sponsor.
    (f) No Club or player may agree upon any Player Contract provision concerning the termination of
    the contract that is inconsistent with the terms of this Agreement (including but not limited to the NFL
    Player Contract, Appendix C hereto), or the provisions of the NFL Constitution and Bylaws which are
    appended to the Side Letter dated July 24, 2006 from Harold Henderson to Eugene Upshaw, as they were
    operative and administered at the beginning date of the 2006 League Year (except any provisions relating
    to the 1982 CBA, which have been superseded by this Agreement). The parties disagree and reserve their
    rights with respect to whether a Player Contract may contain a commitment by the Club not to send a
    Qualifying Offer to an eligible player or not to designate a player as a Franchise or Transition player.
    Section 6. Commissioner Disapproval:
    (a) If the Commissioner disapproves a Player Contract for any reason, he must inform the NFLPA in
    writing of the reasons therefore by noon on the date following such disapproval.
    (b) In the event the Commissioner disapproves any Player Contract as being in violation of the Salary
    Cap or Entering Player Pool, or any other provision of the Settlement Agreement or corresponding
    provision of this Agreement, the filing of an appeal of such disapproval pursuant to Article XV, Paragraph
    5 or Article XXII, Paragraph 1 of the Settlement Agreement, or Article XXV, Section 5 or Article XXVI,
    Section 1 of this Agreement, shall automatically stay the Commissioner’s disapproval, and the player shall
    continue to be free to practice and play for the Club, until the Special Master (or the District Court acting in
    lieu of the Special Master) issues its ruling. Provided, however, that in the event such Special Master
    appeal is filed within one week of or after the first scheduled regular season game of the Club: (i) the
    appeal shall be conducted in an expedited manner and shall be concluded within five days of the filing date
    of such appeal; and (ii) the Special Master shall issue his ruling by the end of such five day period.
    Provided, further, that, in the event the appeal is filed after the Club’s first preseason game, but before the
    date one week before the Club’s first scheduled regular season game: (i) the appeal shall be conducted in
    an expedited manner and shall be concluded within ten days of the filing date of such appeal; and (ii) the
    Special Master shall issue his ruling by the end of such ten day period. If there is no ruling by the end of
    the periods prescribed in the preceding two sentences, or, for earlier filed appeals, by the day following the
    Club’s third preseason game, the automatic stay shall be dissolved. If the Commissioner disapproves a
    Player Contract for any of the reasons stated above on a second occasion for the same player during a given
    League Year, and determines that such player should not be able to play, there shall be no stay of such
    disapproval pursuant to this agreement, unless it is determined that the Commissioner’s second disapproval
    is arbitrary or capricious. This agreement shall not prejudice or affect in any way, or constitute a waiver
    with respect to, any rights of class members to seek a stay or injunctive relief before the District Court,
    pursuant to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure; nor shall it prejudice or affect in any way the rights of the
    NFL to oppose, or the arguments of the NFL in opposition, to such a stay.
    Section 7. NFLPA Group Licensing Program: The NFL Player Contract shall include, solely for the
    administrative convenience and benefit of the player and the NFLPA, the provision set forth in
    Paragraph 4(b) of the NFL Player Contract (Appendix C hereto), regarding the NFLPA Group Licensing
    Program. Neither the League nor any Club is a party to, or a beneficiary of, the terms of that provision. No
    Club may enter into any agreement with a Player or a Player Affiliate that is inconsistent with any rights
    granted to the NFLPA pursuant to Paragraph 4(b) of the NFL Player Contract; provided that this sentence
    is not intended and shall not be construed to override or restrict the

24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Woohoo...FU now I am somebody....effing right click ****.....:lol: At least I figured it out because I do not like this computer crap.

25. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Gotta have Adobe Publisher to modify the text. Only costs about 300 bones.

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I was able to modify the text in WORD. I just figured it out which is rare on these damn things without a teenager readily available.

Somebody told me way back when PDF docs could not be copied or altered unless you had the Adobe program so that is what I always believed.

Well I just edited the CBA in WORD.

If Conc can figure it out so can I because that dude is one half step away from making Charles Darwin do back flips in his grave. :lol:

27. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    [​IMG]

28. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :yes: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

29. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That "term" can be used to describe many people/things :yes: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

30. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    He couldn'ta gotta 15K nearly as quick :no: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease: