1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Balls N Birds - Week 10

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Nov 10, 2011.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Disappointing does not even begin to describe this one.

Balls
    Brown - Super game for the rook, save one wrong route that was nearly disastrous
    Tolbert - Nice all around game running and catching
    Barnes - Sack and forced fumble, guy just makes plays
    Rivers - Not for the stats, but for standing in and taking a brutal beating. The pick is not on him.

Birds
    Jackson - Practically invisible. WTF happened in the end zone?! That pick is yours.
    Jammer - Not pretty. Moore worked him. Is he getting too slow to keep with younger receivers?
    Run Defense - Did they even show up?

Where do we go from here? Lines are open.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Balls
    Brown - Guy is a potential star
    Tolbert - Great heart
    Barnes - Hard charging
    LaBoy - what a big play
    Rivers - guy gets his *** kicked and keeps ticking, he deserves respect

Birds
    Dombo/Green/Clary/Vasquez - after a great performance, a pathetic performance. I almost feel sorry for Dombo. And since I've been clamoring for him to take over RT, I can start eating crow on that one
    Jammer - Worst game of his I've seen in 7 years
    Jackson - WTF was up with that pass play
    Cason - Still unimpressed
    DL - Gashed by a patchwork OL, pathetic

3. SD Superchargerz

SD Superchargerz His smokeness

Ratings:
    +2
    Balls

Brown-He sure has a pair. What a day he had. I can't wait to see more of him.
    Hester-Nice touchdown for an offense that looked anemic.

Neutral
    Rivers- Good and bad game. Nice getting us back in the game but he blew it again with an int.

Birds
    Coaching staff- I won't name names but we looked very undisciplined, particularly on defense.
    Jackson-Don't pay da man is all I can say.

4. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Ball -- Oakland
    bird -- San diego

• Like Like x 2
  5. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Honestly, how exactly did Rivers blow this?

He was getting killed all night, he throws a ball up for VJ to go get -- which he usually does -- and VJ freezes up. I didn't see any blatant poor throws like we have been seeing. The near pick from Sheppard was a bad route.

VJ got rightfully reamed by Michael Irvin in the post-game for that by the way...

PS - Welcome to the board!

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Balls: NONE. You lost to the Raiders, you can go **** yourself.
    Birds: Every single player who put on a Charger jersey, or stood on the sideline with a headset, I am embarrassed for you.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Balls: Rivers was a champ
    Birds: O-Line YOU GOTTA PROTECT THE QB.

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Birds

The Entire San Diego Chargers. Losing to a division rival should NEVER be accepted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Balls
    Brown--Breakout game. Let's hope the Chargers keep throwing his way. It's the obvious thing to do, therefore they won't do it.
    Barnes--Starting to play well in different facets of the game. One of the few bright spots on D tonight.
    Oliver--Put in a helluva lot better effort than 9 of the other starters.
    Rivers--He's a tough SOB.

Birds
    Jammer--It was obvious at the end of last year that he no longer has it at CB. Now it's painfully obvious.
    Cason--Slow to react, still needs a cushion. Sure, he's better than Gilchrist, like Rainier is better than Utica Club lite.
    Hughes--Learn how to cover a TE.
    Liuget--He isn't improving against the run and he gets little pressure.
    Cesaire--That this team gives him so many snaps is demonstrative of the Chargers so called talent level
    Manusky--Vanilla.
    The OL--Yep the injuries are devastating. But they almost got their QB killed.
    Mathews--Who?
    Jackson--Can't believe Faulk defended him, said that Rivers overthrows took VJ's head out of the game. Primadonna bs. If you can't keep your head in a game this important, see ya.
    AJ Smith--You see how Oakland got pressure with a 4 man rush? That's a combination of drafting and FA pickups. AJ might want to re-think how he evaluates talent.

Open question: Why did the Oakland receivers get free when Palmer had time, but not the Chargers receivers when Rivers was scrambling?

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Balls:

Vincent Brown - good game, rook.
    Antwaan Barnes - Actually a top performance. Pressure, sacks, and tackles all prevalent.
    Philip Rivers - he hung in there.

Birds:
    Offensive line - when you hang up your SD jerseys, no one will call any of you.
    Defensive front 7 - You suck. You suck at fundamentals. You suck at making plays. You suck at playin pro ball.
    Secondary - totally pathetic play on their part. They were all burned by Carson Palmer for f***s sake!

11. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Balls:
    Philip Rivers. He has two brass ones after that beating he took.
    Vincent Brown. Despite the one bad route a great performance by a rookie.
    Antwan Barnes. He just makes plays.

Birds:
    Anyone who sold their tickets to a Raiders fan.
    Vincent Jackson. Quitters never prosper.
    AJ Smith.
    Offensive line.
    Defense.
    NFL. 3 games in 11 days, **** you.

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    Balls - V Brown - Hochuli robbed him blind for 2nd TD. Tolbert and Scifres (again - hate to say it but our punter might be our best player 'at his position').

Birds - the O line are an utter disgrace. I bigged these guys up last week and then this. No heart, no fight, no stamina. Beaten up once again by an average Raider D. You guys should hand back your paychecks esp Dombo, Clary and Green.
    Run D - did Spikes come out because I saw far too much of Diggs not bothering his arse to try, he is great at one thing, whiffing. The only guy to come out with any credit on D is Barnes, the rest are extremely poor.
    V Jack - if you are too hurt to make an effort in the ez for the INT then sit your ***. Embarassed on national TV, 40m my ***.

Norv, the O line coach(es), the trainers and D coaches should not get their paychecks after this. Norv to go, take the trainers with you.

13. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    What do our coaches do all day during the week? You would think that half decent coach would be able to coach a bunch of proffesional football players to play at a higher level than what alot of the chargers players have been at recently!

Even that OL, which is inexperienced but all of which have decent to average talent, should be playing with better cohesion than they did against the raiders! I say again...What do the chargers coaches do all day???!!!

14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    this

15. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    A bird also.. I hate to sound like a broken record.. but Norv/Shelmon... for running the ball.. um 15 times? wow.. WEAK

16. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Ball:
    Tim Tebow - TEEEEEEEEEEEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!

Actually, yeah, thanks Timmy!

17. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Balls

Rivers - Dude got killed and he just kept getting up. + I have been watching the games from this season over again and he had 5 really bad thrown balls for picks, 4 or 5 more were on tips, the other 4 or 5 are on the receivers. VJ caused the one in the endzone by not doing anything. Gates ran the wrong route on the one to lito (Even high schoolers know that single coverage with no safety over the top goes up the seem and not an out), Gates caused one last week where he kept going up the seem with a LB on him and safety over the top where he should have broke over the middle, and 2 picks this season came when VJ came out of his break and slowed down while Rivers put the ball where he should have been. Rivers is not himself but he isnt getting any help.

Vincent Brown - Just showed amazing athletic ability catching the TD and the pass that should have been a TD. Even the post over the middle where he laid out for the catch was really well done. Love that this kid is coming into his own.

Scifres - Just plain kicking bombs.

Birds

The whole defense - 500+ yards by the Raiders. Enough said. Jammer's worst game in years. front 7 got owned on many plays. Weddle looked like he was playing as a soccer goalie with all the break aways he had to tackle or slow down.

O-Line - Worst game in years. The whole pro-bowl left side went out. The backups got destroyed. I am surprised these dudes did not get Philip killed. I know normally QB's take their lineman out to eat, but after this week the line owes Philip some nice dinners.

AJ - Your drafting and signings and more importantly the people you let walk have made us weaker. You are #1 on the blame list for me.

Norv - You tried, you have been trying, your getting little help from the GM, but your team needs more heart.