1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Balls N Birds - Week 12

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Nov 27, 2011.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Who are they?

2. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Another week, another disappointment.

Balls
    Matthews -- A good effort unfortunately wasted
    Scifres -- Probably our only Pro Bowl nominee

Birds
    Rivers -- No picks, but too many misses
    Novak -- Two extremely costly missed FGs

Is this now it?

3. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Already covered...merge?

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Your lazy & not doing your job

Balls
    Mathews - looked good and no fumbles
    V. Brown - still growing but not there yet
    D. Butler - made some great plays
    Gates - Good to see him out there
    Schilling - Really impressed with what I see out of him

Birds
    Novak - two misses, most remembered for either pissing or fixing his jock on national TV. Kaeding might not be THAT bad
    Rivers - worst game of the season, he was atrocious
    Norv - Horrible play calling especially with a beaten up OL, failure to be aggressive
    Pass Rush - None whatsoever
    Manusky - Ran nickel & dime packages way too much, few blitzes. Fail

5. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Balls: Matthews, Gates, V.Brown

Birds: Norv, Manusky, Chargers D, Novak, Rivers,

A loss against a high-school/junior college led attack.
    Easily the most pathetic game I've seen since, well...last weeks pathetic game vs. the Bears.
    I don't see us winning any more games this year.

The bright side: Norv WILL be canned at the end of the season. Bank on it.:)

6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Everyone gets a Bird. Even Mathews doesn't get a ball since he can't make anyone miss one on one in the open field.

7. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Birds - The Chargers

Balls - no chargers have any. Fire everyone and start over.

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Come on man!

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Balls - Mathews
    Birds - Norv

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Semi facetious statement - but Novak hasn't done anything more then Kaeding has

Frankly bring Novak back, bring a kicker in the draft/UDFA and let em compete

11. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I would agree, make it an open competition. Novak deserves another shot just for the piss on the sideline.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Balls - Broncos
    Birds- Chargers

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Balls:
    Ryan Mathews - I adopted him. Welcome back, man. Now enjoy the slide into the cellar.
    Uh, Donald Butler - I heard his name once or twice. Must've made some plays.
    Tim Tebow - TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!! (in anger, we're through!)

Birds:
    Norv - I don't think he'll last until the end of the season. It's a good thing.
    Manusky - This isn't even the same dude from last year's 49ers. What the hell!?!
    Novak - thought you could do better, bro.

14. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    We did give him a 2yr deal, pretty much guarantees he'll be around for training camp.

15. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Balls - Mathews (but like someone above has mentioned. he sure gets tackled handily enough when he is one on one with somebody, he needs to make some people miss now and again).
    Butler - why not play this guy more?, why take him out?, are you telling me Diggs is better in passing situations. YGBSM.
    Stuckey - this guy makes plays constantly, so tell me why TF is Oliver in there instead of him?.

Birds - The O line. Special mention for Dombo and Clary because these guys have been here a while. Seeing Dombo getting pushed around/run around by a guy 50lbs lighter than him raises massive questions for me as to (1) the coaching he is getting and (2) his aptitude. Clary, well what can I say?. He's always good for a penalty and getting your QB killed at least once a game. Saw Schilling get beat like a drum at least once (wasn't paying too much attention to him tbh) but you can't blame a rookie 5th rounder too much can you.
    Manusky - been saying it for weeks, I'll try and be polite, this guy hasn't got it going on upstairs. He shouldn't be coaching at this level end of story.
    Norv - again what can I say?. The guy is soft, a loser, a retread that was always destined to fail. I know there is a concern over getting your QB killed but come on, turning turtle and Marty at the same time gimme a freakin break. In fact there was a BIG argument for putting Volek in, he is more mobile and probably not as hurt as Rivers clearly is. But Norv will never make the right call. That 4 yard loss by Tolbert in OT summed up the season for me. Deano, please do the right thing today. I'm not gona give Novak a Bird he was handed a hospital pass i.e. the 53 yarder. Yes he could, maybe should have made the 48 yarder but putting it all on him when the playcalling led to this disaster = wrong imho.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Balls:

Ryan Mathews – Career high 137 rushing yards, why Norv doesn’t “feed” him more is one of the great mysteries of the modern age. Ryno really likes playing against the ponies, all 3 of the 100+ yard rushing games in his NFL career have come against them.

Philip Rivers – Pedestrian stats, but no turnovers and he got the team in position to score points 5 times, in spite of Norv’s timid playcalling.

Mike Scifres – Solid job as usual, getting us at least some respectable field position after our numerous 3 & outs.

Birds:

Norv Turner – Another limp, uninspired performance by this team in a game we had to have. Barring a miraculous postseason berth, he absolutely must be fired immediately after our season ends in Oakland (they should actually announce the move in the postgame press conference) as this team has played progressively worse each & every season under his tutelage. Other coaches make halftime adjustments, but our offense often just disappears in the 2nd half like today, in which Denver was allowed to score the final 9 points of the game.

Quentin Jammer & Dante Hughes – Hey guys, how about simply falling on the fumble instead of trying to pick it up? If either one of you had done that, Denver never even scores their lone touchdown and we probably escape with a much needed win.

Greg Manusky – You obviously weren’t the reason why San Fran’s run defense was so good last year, they’ve yet to allow a rushing touchdown 11 games into this season, and you’re here with 2 of your linebackers from that team and we still can’t stop a runny nose! Every week we make subpar quarterbacks look like All Pros, we have no pass rush to speak of and we give up 3rd down & extremely long completions every game. You’re stealing money in San Diego, and need to be fired right along with Norv.