1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Balls n Birds -- Week 13

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Dec 5, 2011.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    A performance like this -- even against a bad team -- begs the inevitable question...where the hell has this been all year?

Balls
    Rivers -- Masterful performance. This is what we have come to expect.
    Floyd/VJ/Gates -- Outstanding work opening up the field.
    Mathews -- Nice yards, most importantly NO FUMBLES.
    O-Line -- No sacks. Phillip had a largely clean jersey tonight.
    Cason -- Made some tackles and got a piece of the ball Weddle picked off
    Special Teams -- Kick coverage was smothering.

Birds
    Not a one, which is good.

We'll take it. Lines are open.

2. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Weddle made a great open-field tackle on MJD!

I thought the Chargers played really really well!! Well done to them all. Lets hope they get on a role now

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Balls
    Jared Gaither - just signed, played great
    Ty Green - Guy is getting better and better, I'm impressed
    Vincent Brown/Vincent Jackson/Malcolm Floyd - outstanding three receiver performance
    Philip Rivers - FINALLY!
    Mathews - guess he can get 100yd games against teams other than Denver

Birds
    Quentin Jammer - he really doesn't look good
    Jeromey Clary - he still gets beaten like a drum
    Randy Mcmichael - got the most penalties

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Balls - Chargers
    Birds - Jaguars & the MNF announcing crew, holy crap they suck

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Clary literally got put on his butt on one play, lmfao how is this guy a starter???

• Like Like x 2
  6. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    M
    More than one play; the guy ends up on the ground nearly 30% of the snaps he plays it seems. He's just a trainwreck and I got the greatest laugh I've had all week when the announce team was praising Hal Hunter and Sullivan for one game against a crappy pass-rush (who lost a pass-rusher in the game) where Clary still got schooled several times, and just seemed to ignore the oodles upon oodles of sacks and pressures they gave up to Denver the week before.

The most damning evidence against Hunter and Sully is that in 3-4 years, even with how terribly Clary has played, they haven't been able to coach up a single player to perform better. Seriously, you could line up Tolbert and just have him chop-block the rusher and he'd probably buy Rivers more time than Clary does.

• Like Like x 2
  7. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    ok I watched this at a sports bar and I LOVED the Hot Chicken Wings.... They were so hot!! The beer was awesome. And the waitress had the nicest little butt that I hardly watched the game.. who won?

8. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Amazing game after the season were going through. Jags are depleted, but a win like this against anyone is great.

Balls:

Rivers - Just straight money. Welcome back kid!
    All the receivers - VJ got off his *** and jumped for a ball, Malcom showed up, Gates had a great game, and VB made a great catch... Just aces all around, hell even Crayton caught a ball.
    O-Line - Clary wasnt good but damn man, these scrubs just held together and gave Rivers time. Gaither didnt get tested all that much but what I saw looked good, would be nice to turn him into a RT opposite Mcneill
    Defense - Nothing to write home about but nothing to complain about much either... Donald Butler still looking like a stud, Weddle gets pick #6, and Cason plays a little corner.
    Turner - Guess he heard us, balls up calls all day...

Birds:

Not a one

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Answer: AJ Smith does not read matilack's posts.:inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Balls:
    Philip Rivers - PR looking like his old self, against a team in disarray.
    Eric Weddle - INT and great tackling from the safety
    Ryan Mathews - my boy, 100+ is always impressive

and Tim Tebow - TEEEEEEEBOWWWWWW!!! Seriously.

Birds:
    Uh...Clary - takin' a seat, gettin' beat, and I am surprised Rivers got to stay upright all night with this guy being responsible.
    Jon Gruden - *******.
    Norv Turner - considering I'm guessing his boxes are already packed, why not dump on Norv some more? Another coach, let's say a Sean Payton or Mike Tomlin, would have made it more exciting. Yeah, sounds like a good enough reason to trash Norv.

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Balls
    Rivers - About damn time.
    Mathews - Averaging well over 5ypc this season behind a rancid O-line, fumbling issues or not, he's for real.
    Gaither - Wow. Somehow I knew this guy would be in a Charger jersey some day.

Birds
    Norv - Because this is our offenses 1st complete performance of the year came 12 games into the season. YOU DON'T GET TO LOSE 6 IN A ROW WITH THIS TEAM AND KEEP YOUR JOB.

Hell if not for the fact that we're 5-7 and have a bitch of a schedule coming up, I might be a little inspired by this game. Our defense is still feather soft and our O-line is still battered, but winning is contagious, and this might have been the spark we needed maybe 2 weeks ago before this grave was dug.

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    Haven't seen the game yet but all sounds good. Gaither is a monster so he can get motivated and deliver he might even be the future at LT. I'm worried about the health of 73 and 68. Butler again eh?, the guy brings it and to hear MJD talk about him was v nice.

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Balls:
    Rivers - a little time & healthy receiving corps, now he's a fan-fave again? Those who stayed in his corner, kudos. The rest can continue off the edge, please.
    Mathews - no fumbles & 100 yds. gets any RB a ball. Nice work.
    Receiving group - great effort. Gates looking healthier, Vincent Brown looking hungry.
    Gaither - just got here on Wed. Nice job. Add Vasquez to the list as well. Ball-watchers gonna hate. :rolleyes:
    Butler - damn right he's a stud in the making.

Birds:
    Jammer - looking older & slower every game. Did we wait too long to move him to safety?
    Travis LaBitch - get off my field, please.

Split:
    Weddle - good play on tipped ball,but WTF?? on whiffing on the tackle of an OL? Still tends to drop his head too quickly & not wrap up. The only thing "elite" is his contract.

Nice to get a win, regardless of the level of competition. I'm sure the Jags' fans would have said the same. :giggle:

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Balls
    Vincent Brown - This kid will be a weapon, fights for the ball and plays hard every play
    Vincent Jackson - actually did not walk through most of the game
    Malcolm Floyd - Great game, and caught some balls and got up afterwards!
    Philip Rivers - He was delivering the ball with more convition and purpose than ever before this season. 1 Reason to hope for more Dubbayahs.
    Ryan Mathews - What a fargin game. Put the dagger in the Jags with his TD run.
    Norv Turner - Give credit where credit is due, you were aggresive most of the game, but ya still gotta go.

Birds
    Quentin Jammer - He is sooo done
    Jeromey Clary - Not playing well, I have backed you int he past, but even with a rent-a-line you still stood out with bad play.
    Patrick 'Faircatch" Crayton - No where in the rules does it say you have to fair catch every f'in punt! Grow a set and try returning some or step aside and let Boonah do it!

LOLs
    Eric Weddle - Had containment on the swing pass to the lineman, summed up his size and took a dive for the laugh out loud moment of the game! :roflmao:

15. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Balls:

Philip Rivers – 2nd straight game with no turnovers, he now has more touchdown passes than interceptions for the 1st time on the entire season. He spread the ball around and 8 different Charger players caught passes, and he engineered a blowout & got Billy Volek some mop up time for the first time in nearly a whole year.

Donald Butler – team high 6 tackles, got dinged up but returned before halftime.

Ryan Mathews – Second straight 100+ yard rushing game on only 13 carries, his 31 yard touchdown run had the few remaining Jaguars fans streaming towards the exits. Hopefully our next coach gives him 20+ carries a game, unless he’s hurt or something.

Eric Weddle – Made his 6th interception on the year, tied for 2nd in the NFL – will he be a Pro Bowl alternate this season? He very well could be.

Malcom Floyd – Activated for the 1st time in 6 games, and our losing streak suddenly ends – mere coincidence? Perhaps, but he really “made his presence felt” with 108 receiving yards, including a 52 yard touchdown.

Antoine Cason – Tipped the pass for Weddle’s pick, and also knocked down a potential touchdown pass.

Jared Gaither - Cut by several different NFL teams to include the Chiefs just last week, but came off the street and played left tackle, protecting Philip Rivers’ blind side. And kept him clean and relatively unharassed.

Norv Turner – Kept his foot on the gas pedal, and had us absolutely throttle a bad team on a national stage, for the 1st time this season but it’s likely not enough to save his job, nor should it be.

Birds: - None. The team finally played a complete game, and utterly dominated the hapless Jags.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Great read. I agree with the Norv statement. It is way to late fo him to save his job. He needed to keep is foot on the gas his entire coaching career and maybe he might would have been a decent HC.