1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Balls N Birds -- Week 14

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Dec 11, 2011.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    With the starters out I figured I'd get a jump.

Balls
    Mathews -- Again, no fumbles. Very effective both running and receiving.
    Gates -- 2 TDs, very big early on
    Norv -- Yes, Norv. That fake punt after the fumble was a gutsy call that turned the game. Full credit.

Birds
    Jammer -- He's getting slower by the week it seems.

Good win and a lot of scoreboard watching to do now.

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Balls -
    Rivers: Except for the fumble it was a pretty perfect game.
    Gates: He's back!
    Defense: For actually rushing the passer a few times! HEY IT WORKS!

Birds -
    Norv: For doing just enough to keep his job. If he called plays like this before we faced elimination I'd give him a ball.
    Cason: For the love of god you gotta pick that f'n ball off!
    C/G's: Trying to block Marcel Dareus....was embarrassing.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Balls:
    Rivers - WTF on the fumble but the rest of your game was good. Loser. :roflmao:
    Mathews - another productive game & secured the rock
    Gates - looking like his old self
    Gaither - playing like he wants it.
    Norv - it helps when you have your weapons, doesn't it?

Birds:
    Clary - enough already
    Jammer - damn dude - you look old out there.

4. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Balls:
    Rivers - Fumble was stupid but otherwise he was stellar.
    Mathews - Solid day running and catching. Kid is gonna run for 1100-1200 yards this year and catch for 500.
    Gates - Dude is looking as healthy as he has in 2 years.
    Gaither - Hello new RT.
    Norv - Takes nuts to call a fake punt on your own 25.
    VJ - Taking over the game for one set of downs, looked great.
    Gregory - Grats on your first touchdown dude, 7 tackles and a pick six is an awfully good game for Steve.
    Weddle - Pick #7, dude is earning his pay. Tied for the league lead.

Birds:
    Clary - He is just straight bad. He's gonna get Phillip killed.
    Jammer - Just got run by and no closing speed to get back in it.
    Bills - I loved how this team was playing to begin the year. Really hoping for them to pop the Patriots and take that division. Injuries and bad play took that away. They remind me of us 2 games ago.

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

This....

6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Balls-
    Weddle - With the pick, good defense, and running that fake punt!
    O Line - Actually worked their butts off to keep Philip mostly clean during the game.

Birds-

Secondary - Still letting way too many opportunities go, probably could have had at least two or three more picks today. But I will give them a pass for getting three picks.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Balls
    Gaither - great job against substandard team
    Mathews - three straight 100yd games
    Weddle - the pick and the decision to use the fake punt (that was his call)
    Gates - looking very good but still want to bring a young gun into the fold
    Gregory - actually had a decent game

Birds
    Jammer - old and slow
    Clary - nuff said
    Cason - same as always

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Balls
    Rivers for getting over his crap
    Jackson for his up-and-down-but-when-it-counted-kickass performance
    Gates
    Gaither holy ****, maybe this guy is our LOT of the future
    Mathews
    Weddle
    Gregory--make it count
    Laboy--damn thought he was a waste but good effort. Finally.

Birds
    Jammer--Okay, how bout now to SS?
    Schilling--XPs are not given

9. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Balls:
    Chargers--For playing the football I knew they could play. And then doing it 2 weeks in a row.

Birds:
    Chargers--For taking until week 13 to do it.

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Balls:

Ryan Mathews - great running game today and the lack of fumbles is nice
    Philip Rivers - a WTF? on the fumble but a good game for PR
    Antonio Gates - 2 TDs and a reliable, fantastic option for Rivers at critical times

Tim Tebow - TEEEEEEEEEEEEEBOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!

Birds:

Cason & Jammer - Our corners suck and are playing in a defense that really exposes the flaws.
    Clary - dude's a useless sack of excrement.

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Balls - Gates, how good is it to see Gates being able to play like this?, I'm not even sure he is close to his 100% and he is doing what he did last night. This guy is a legend.
    Rivers, when he gets the time he will kill you. Doing the baby giraffe (thanks Marty C) impression on his called back score was fantastic.
    Mathews, quietly having a brilliant few weeks. If only he'd be given a chance when it is goal to go.
    Gaither, showing us that it is actually not rocket science to come into an O line and pretty much do the job you are supposed to. Let's hope he stays motivated and becomes the dominating tackle he should be.
    Honorable mention - Gregory, VJ and Tolbert. And lastly, the fake punt call. If only calls like that could have been made when we needed to close out a game properly.. instead of tentatively running it up the gut in the hope our kicker can kick a '75' yarder to win it.

Birds - Jammer, he looks done to me as a corner, heck I wonder can he ever be much of a safety. His ability (or lack of) to catch a ball is the worst I have ever seen. His 'chase down' of Johnson looked like 'going through the motions', it was Cason who took Johnson down eventually. Benching Jammer is a big call, this could well be his last season as a Bolt.
    Cason for that drop of the INT, the guy's confidence must be completely shot no matter how much he talks about his confidence in himself. I still believe this guy can be a starting corner in this league. I hope he can get his head right.
    Clary and Vasquez, the right side of our line is weak as F. We need a snarling man eater out there to wake this side up. Time to try Dombo at right guard maybe?. We will be looking at Tackle in the draft I hope.

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Clary is Vasquez's biggest issue & has been for the past couple of years.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Gates is within 4-5 receptions of surpassing Charlie Joiner for the team record. Looks like he will do it this Sunday. Charlie actually came over to the stands to meet with a fan right in front of me during the game.

14. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Balls:

Philip Rivers – Welcome back, 2nd straight game with 3 touchdown passes & no picks, but you almost let the Bills back in the game with the fumble in the end zone though. Got Billy Volek some mop up time for the 2nd consecutive game, what a pal! :)

Eric Weddle – 7th pick on the season and a good run on the fake punt, he may not be an “alternate” to the Pro Bowl this season, he may actually get elected or selected to the AFC squad in Hawaii.

Antonio Gates – 2 touchdown receptions, moving like the Gates of old and making our offense all the more explosive.

Steve Gregory – 7 tackles & a pick-six

Ryan Mathews – 3rd straight 100+ yard rushing game, to include a 37 yard jaunt – turning into a real weapon for our offense, and his performance just demands more carries per game.

Marcus Gilchrist – 2nd pick on the season for the rookie, hope to see him as our starting corner opposite Antoine Cason next season, with Quentin Jammer moved to strong safety.

Patrick Crayton – Simply would not be denied on his touchdown reception, masterfully stayed inbounds and then broke 2 tackles on his way to the end zone.

Greg Manusky – Our defense only got 1 sack but totally neutralized Buffalo’s running game, and had plenty of quarterback “pressures” leading to 3 interceptions & a defensive score.

Norv Turner – Another well coached game, but he’s still a “dead man walking” if & when we miss the postseason. The fake punt may have been his timeliest call of the year, keeping us in control of the ball & the game just as Buffalo was gaining momentum, and closing the gap on the scoreboard.

Birds:

None on the Chargers, but Bears running back Marion Barber really screwed us by giving the game away to Denver, all but ruining our chances to win this division in the unlikely event that we run the table.

15. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    I would give that to Bisaccia.. fake punt against the Bills and the pooch kick against the Packers games ago that was all Bisaccia and what he does during the week to prepare these guys.. yes its Norv's decision but don't give credit to a guy who doesn't work with the unit throughout the week and weeks to get it right you know what I mean?

But all in all I like your selections..

16. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I hear you. But you KNOW if it hadn't succeeded nobody would have hesitated to blame Norv.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    oh yeah without a doubt and I would probably blame him too lol but I wouldn't let my hatred of Norv get in the way of actualization.. I would realize it would be Bissacia's fault..

What a job he's done with this ST unit.. this guy deserves a lot of credit! We didn't make the playoffs last year because of ST and here we are now with a improved ST unit (except for the PRs) he just needs to get Crayton's *** out

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Balls
    Chargers

Birds
    NFL for their f'in archaic Blackout rule and screwage of secondary markets

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Should we be surprised that the only bird for Norv comes from B4L lite? :roflmao:

20. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    You should be surprised if I didn't, we're where we are now because of Norv....1 game away from elimination for the 2nd year in a row.

Only last year all we had to do is win out to make it. This year we have to win out, and hope for the Broncos and Raiders to lose 2 games. Needless to say we're heading the wrong direction.

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Blah blah blah Norv Blah blah blah...

B4L-lite

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Don't bother talking football Conc, you should stick to what you know....mimicking Kevin Acre tweets about the weather and obnoxious play by play updates.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So the child who calls games a loss in the first 10 minutes, and thinks his dung dont stink because he liked Mathews' highlight reels wants to tell others what to talk about...

I would laugh but you dont even have the stroke to be humorous any more...

24. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Usually I'm right so.....:coffee:...don't feel bad, some of us just know more football than others. Some day you'll see when its coming too.

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Usually? You whine and cry about every game being lost. So well I guess you can take pride in the fact that a broken clock is correct twice a day at least...

Sorry, your self proclaimed knowledge of football leaves me vastly unimpressed... But usually when one has to proclaim their own greatness, in the absence of others doing it for them, as you are, it is an indication that only they think they are the end all be all...

So pat yourself on the back and enjoy your delusions of ability... :roflmao:

26. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Well now thats just an exaggeration. Not exactly a new argument strategy from you, kinda getting old. :sleep:

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Is it. No you have never been able to handle the emotions of the game and have quit on every game.

But hey, you seem to like it so you go gurl! :roflmao:

28. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I don't actually get that emotional anymore, not since I was 17 or 18. The fact is it only takes about 1 quarter to tell what type of game the Chargers are gonna have....and we've lost a lot of games recently, so it doesn't surprise me that you see me as the ring leader of negativity.

If you're tired of it....theres an ignore button.;)