1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Balls N Birds -- Week 6

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Oct 15, 2012.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    This should be fun. I'm probably going to say some things that will rankle a few folks, but I need to say them.

Balls
    Special Teams -- You did everything you could and then some

Birds
    I only feel like giving one here, but it is a big one. And it goes to #17. WTF was this? You wanted Peyton is this division, and you got him. And what exactly did you do? You crapped the bed on national TV in a game we led 24-0 at the half. I will give you a pass on the strip/sack, but all 4 picks you threw are yours and yours alone. Frankly, I'm beginning to wonder if you ought not be replaced.

I hate saying crap like this, but this is a new low. Lines are open.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,231
    Birds... Chargers! You should be ashamed of yourselves.

3. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    What a ******* embarrassment. Bush league amateur hour. A fourth tier effort from a third tier team.

4. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +509
    I lost a bet. Bring in Clipboard Jesus..
    I must now su*% my own dic#.
    I'm not that flexible.
    How embarrassing.
    :cry:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Balls
    STs
    Harris

Birds
    Everyone else. No pass rush, Clary was abominable, Rivers was flittery, and the DBs, in spite of Jammer's pick-6, got owned deep ALL DAY.

Big Bird: Norv. Went away from the screens, went away from the run, and did outside runs against their fast DEs, LBs, and good-tackling CBs. Great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I just doesn't matter after a loss like this. I give all the Chargers the Bird!
    :poop:

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Balls - Chargers Cheerleaders

Birds - Spanos clan, for showing us what expectations are in San Diego. Just get to .500 and crack open a beer, because at least its not 2001 again.

I expect our next 3 home games at least to blackout.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,770
    Shyte birds- O-line, Royal and Meachem. Rygina, going MIA again in the second half. River's for trying to hit receivers that don't have a clue. The defense for taking the second half off.

Balls- Me for sitting through it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +299
    I get a ball because I stayed until the end because I bought raffle tickets for *shudder* a signed Rivers jersey. I don't know if it'd be worse to win the signed Elway picture, the Broncos hat/glass, or the Rivers jersey. By the time the game was nearing I didn't even want it (yay eBay) but I didn't win anyway.

10. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    Ball for me for not throwing a shoe through the TV in the second half. My old Charger t-shirt was not so lucky

11. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    I'm honestly not sure there's a single person aside from Scifres that has a legitimate case for a ball tonight on the team. How sad is that the freakin' punter had the best performance of the entire night. For every player that had a bright spot, he also had an equally-as-worthy moment where he directly contributed to this loss.

Gates - Since when do YOU get boxed out and muscled off your routes? You wrote the damn book on this!

Rivers - These 50:50 balls are Vince Young-esque... utterly moronic, especially when you're playing with a lead.

Jammer - Glad to see your hands aren't actually made of stone, but once again you seem only concerned with what your role is and not with the whole of what the defense is trying to accomplish. This kind of myopic thinking in a seasoned veteran player shouldn't be happening. The fact that you don't seem cognizant that the safety who plays over top of you 90% of the time has bitten on 99% of the play-action fakes team have thrown at him thus far leads me to believe you're doing absolutely no tape study.

Royal/Meachem/Pretty Much everyone in the Receiving Corps not named Malcom Floyd - Just a fundamentally crap game from the lot of you. No one's competing for balls. No one's running crisp or dedicated routes. No one seems to be aware of the fact that the guy trying to get you the ball is under heavy duress every single time he drosp back because he has a UDFA rookie blocking on one edge and a guy on the other end who is so crappy that the coaches have to actually give HIM the additional TE help and not the UDFA rookie.

Other birds that deserve to be given:

Jeff Triplette and Crew - Glad to see that there's a clear double-standard for what constitutes a penalty when Peyton Manning's on your team versus when he's not. Don't think I didn't notice how when Peyton needed an opportunity to post a lead-taking TD you remembered what encroachment by a DT is, but when the Chargers needed an opportunity to put a nail in the coffin of the opposing team you conveniently forgot despite staring directly at the infraction in question.

Jon Gruden - If you become HC of this team, I kid you not, I am DONE. Making this loss even harder to stomach for me was your complete bias towards Manning and the Broncos the entire game, openly rooting for them throughout the 4th quarter. We get it, dude, if it were biologically possible you would have a sex change so that you could bear "The Sheriff's" children. You do realize that fans of BOTH of the teams playing are watching though, am I wrong? At one point Tirico literally started talking mildly positive about Rivers, paused to give Gruden an opportunity to chime in and Gruden just sat there completely silent, Tirico continues and once again pauses to give Gruden an opportunity to join in, and once again... dead silence. The one time Gruden even brings up Rivers the entire game he does so to mention Manning's name 3 times as much in the same sentence/statement. I literally prefer Chris Collinsworth to you, Gruden. Chris F'n Collinsworth!

Dean Spanos - Even owners that are "just good" are so because they actually care about their teams. It is now beyond obvious that this is not applicable to you. This is a cash cow, nothing more; I literally can't even put you in the same category with the billionaire oil barons and Middle Eastern sheiks that are buying up professional soccer teams as playthings or frivolous indulgences, because those guys actually give two craps about fielding a winning product. The only thing stopping you from being in the lowest of tiers of ownership (like Georgia Frontieri) is that you're not strip-mining this team like she did of what few bits of top talent it has in order to facilitate moving the team. Then again... I may just not be giving you enough time to fully carry out your grand scheme.

12. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +179
    As a charger fan i hate to say it but Philip Rivers is just a guy that will put up stats he is not a winner... folds under pressure and can never win the big one... i can think of 5 horrible choke jobs by him for every 1 comeback he has led us to... once i saw the vanilla *** defense we played to start the 3rd i was extremely worried.. once the sack fumbled went for 6 i knew the game was over... just goes to show what i really unbiasedly think of rivers if i think the game is over with a a 10 point lead in the second half :sick:

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,629
    Balls - Broncos and every single one of their fans who stuck through that first half to reap the reward of talking as much sh1t as possible after the game, you earned it

Birds - The entire Chargers organization, for not only embarrassing yourselves on national tv in historic fashion, but for embarrassing every single person who has ever called this pathetic franchise their team

I can't take this battered wife feeling any more. **** this team. FIRE EVERYONE. Sell the team. PLEASE move to LA. Give me a reason to burn everything.

:mad:x the power of the Sun

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +509
    Again, what kind of second half adjustment is it to....stop feeding Mathews?
    I think Ikeman is probably right. Norv spends all of halftime taking a massive dump
    instead of game-planning (oh wait, maybe THAT is the gameplan...massive dump).:poop:

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Balls

Mike Harris
    Ryan Mathews
    Special Teams

Birds
    The whole team

Double flaming birds
    Norv Turner
    Philip Rivers

16. VenomSyndrome

VenomSyndrome Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Bird to me from the whole Chargers Org. At least that is was it feels like!
    Two Birds way way up form me to the NFL! It feels like there is an agenda laid out for whoever plays the charges lately!:cautious:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Balls~
    ST did great in the first 1/2 - Goodman "still" fails at Returning anything. From my Lovely VIEW Seats V18 there was no way he should be trying to run the ball out. The Best yardage was the 30y one.
    Mathews showed Light in running game. Learned something is Mathews a Inside ( 1 - 4 Hole Back) or 5 - 6+ Back>??? Not his fault.. but he held onto the ball
    Brown(3rd down) and Battle(1 run for 2 yards) has some signs.Kinda hard to watch the game because look so predictable....

Birds
    Planning for Manning
    Coaching Plays from 90 - 92(NORV PLEASE OPEN UPDATE YOU PLAYBOOK) or at least play Madden 11 or 13 for XBOX, WII or PS3
    Lack of drafting ( We need start Planning for next year starting today) WE NEED and O LINE Period.. stop wasting draft picks and BUSTERS!
    CB/LB group. Yes once again CASON/JAMMER TOASTERS!!!! not poptarts TOASTERS. fellas' Cover 3 is the dime package. Someone has to cover the back on the RIGHT SIDE. We looked liked crappy once again week 6. Jammer, Man I loved you about 4 years ago. STR* Toaster for getting beat for the 74y pass. I know I saw the dlb the move and Bigbiy was MIA with the help. The INT doesnt make up for getting Burned.. Because you got toasted. Yes Manning over tossed your way 4 times. 1 of 4 ? 25%? Odd we ran Nickel/Goalline with weakside "Blitz" which forced the INT. Probably because SUX on the backend!
    Coaching da "D" Failure. It's Manning MNF. I know you're not Ron Rivera But Cmon Man. Manning Screened and Slanted you!
    1 OFFensive TD first half. <-- On my goosh are you kidding me????

LAST
    Rivers, Just not your week again? After the Fumble, and yes it was fumble, your hand didnt move pass the ear. The game was over period. YOU GAVE UP ON YOUR TEAM. I know the blocking isnt there. and your pocket passer. I give you credit. ONLY 5 of the turn overs where you fault. As Madden would say, you just cant win games like that. We looked AFC TRASH. The was crowd was dead after that play. I know benching isn't opt for us, But let's face it Chargers, the rest of our games are going to be HARD as HECK! sorry to VENT...
    Oh ya... sorry I missed the Tailgates.. I wanted to make at least one of them M46, But after driving around for 1.5 hours and walking from the mall to the game. I was "BUSHED"
    I did however, enjoyed watching the game from the VIEW! I'm a Fan.. Just hate Losing at game after being up 24 points. Would have been great to get on the field with my pass and just thank NORV for the wonderful job he's NOT doing and give him a copy of Madden 13. But, I was like Nah... I better get on the trolley and head back home!
    F ~

18. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +226
    Balls:

STC Rich Bisaccia – 2 special teams takeaways give us an early 10 point lead, we usually win games in which that happens. A couple more stinkers like this, and you just may become our interim Head Coach! Get a grip on Goodman though, I’m sick of seeing him return kickoffs from 8-9 yards deep and not get to the 20, despite running for nearly 30 yards.

Quentin Jammer – Interception in 2nd consecutive game, 80 yard return this week for 1st NFL touchdown.

Birds:

HC Norv Turner – Obviously thought the game was over at halftime, failed to make any adjustments at all. Got Denver back into the game by having Rivers throw behind the shaky O-line, even while we were up by 10. We should've been pounding the rock & eating up clock at that point, and we would've likely even scored a little more & won if we had.

Our 2:00 offense looks like a Chinese fire drill, one wonders if the team even practices it at all, it certainly doesn't look like they ever do. For the 2nd straight game, you inexplicably keep the dynamic Ryan Mathews on the sidelines late in the game while we’re trying to score & catch up, despite the fact that Mathews scored a 3rd quarter touchdown last week.

DC John Pagano – For the 2nd consecutive game, we blow a double digit halftime lead & lose a primetime game. This time it was far from the sole responsibility of the defense, but stopping someone once in awhile would be real helpful. 35 unanswered points is revolting, even without the 2 defensive touchdowns Denver scored we’ve still given up 3 2nd half touchdowns to Peyton Manning, after surrendering 2 of them to Drew Brees last week.

Philip Rivers - You’re absolutely killing us mate, 8 turnovers in 2 games, to include giving Denver 2 defensive touchdowns Monday Night. You’re making the Giants look smarter by the day for quickly trading you, and I absolutely hate that!

19. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +127
    Bird - me, I watched the third quarter.
    Ball - me, I didn't watch the forth quarter.