1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Balls N Birds - Week 9

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Nov 6, 2011.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    I'll keep this brief.

Balls -
    Tolbert: Solid both running and catching passes. Good to have him back.
    V. Jackson: 7 catches for 143 and 3 scores. Pay the man.
    Gates: First time this year he was really a factor.
    Vincent Brown: Nice game for the rookie

Birds -
    Hester: 2 bad drops. Even though one was not technically a drop, it cost us a bunch of yards
    Gilchrist: I understand it was Aaron Rodgers, but he got worked
    Rivers: He lost this one...period. I don't care what the completions and yardage numbers say, all three picks were on him. It pains me to say this, but he is killing us.

Thanks to the Donks and Dolphins for doing us a favor. Lines are open.

EDIT: I'll add a Ball for Stuckey for covering the pooch punt and a heads-up play on the onside kick.

2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    Balls - O line, the 2 Vincents, Darrell Stuckey (I'd love to see him get a chance on D), Yogi, Barnes. (and the Packers O, but not their D)

Birds - Rivers, Gilchrist, Jammer.

3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Balls:
    Vincent Jackson - Definitely the key to the Chargers even staying competitive all season, and a very nice day for the star wide out.
    Antonio Gates - factoring in huge, especially today.
    Tim Tebow - TEEEEEEEEEEEEBOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

Birds:
    Philip Rivers - Just damn it!
    Jacob Hester - Two drops, one that shouldn't have been counted but was a clear rookie mistake.
    Pass protection- Norv was daring and they didn't step up enough.

4. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Lol that didn't last long

5. 18gramblingcharlie

18gramblingcharlie Bitter San Diego sports fan

Ratings:
    +3
    Balls:
    Gates- still ailing but produced as we remember today
    Jackson-Prone to disappear at times but large fantasy numbers today
    O-line- Faced all types of blitzes today and protected well

Birds:

Rivers- 'nuff said
    Jammer- after all these years still hasnt proven worth his draft position. Costly penalties over and over.
    Hester- coming out of the SEC cant blame the weather for his drops.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Balls
    Vincent Jackson - I should call him out more often
    Vincent Brown - good game
    Mike Tolbert - Hard running and playing
    O-Line - I bashed them last week but against tons of blitzes and stunts they played exceptionally. Include McMichael, Tolbert, etc in this group for their blocking too
    Aaron Rodgers - No hype, he's incredible and threaded the needle plenty of times both with passes and the run
    Antwaan Barnes - wow, he is something amazing
    Vaughn Martin - another great game
    Nick Novak - 52 yd FG + the onside kick

Middle
    Philip Rivers - two pick sixes, the INT to end the game, but he brought the team back from the brink
    Gilchrist - Rookie with two tough assignments back to back. Had good coverage on a number of plays (let's not forget that Rodgers especially initially ran a lot thanks to the coverage) but got worked as the game went on

Birds
    Hester - bad game, no doubt
    Gregory - why is he playing?
    The Refs - AGAIN some absolute BS calls
    Goodman - he goes out way too much for KOs and can't deliver. Why is he on the roster?

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Balls - Jackson, D-line, O-line, Barnes.
    Birds - Rivers, Manusky, Rivers x2

Note: This is the first time in 8 games I have not given Clary or Norv a bird.

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Birds

Rivers - Mistake ridden and total choke of a game.

Norv - Conservertive Play Calling.

Defense - Absoulte Trash. Rodgers went down the feild at will.

Balls

Gates - Great game and playing injured.

VJ - Where was this preformance the last two games?

Tolbert - Meh game but thanks for trying.

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Heartbreaking loss.

10. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    Balls: Matt Moore and Tim f*cking Tebow. Hey guess what, we didn't lose any ground in the division because of those two guys.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    ^TEEEEEEEEEEBOOOOOOOOOW!!! officially has more balls in this thread than Philip Rivers.

12. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Balls:

Tolbooth - Solid and good ball control

VJ and VB - Great routes, great catches (Although VJ was dead set on the deep ball and forgot to look back and help out on some blitzes)

O-Line and D-Line - Solid game from both sides

Antwan Barnes - Just a monster game

Novak - The onside kick was magical, made the dude on the Packers look like Bill Buckner. And that 52 yard field goal in the rain was awesome. Nate has got to be cringing at home.

Birds:

Rivers - He is playing awesome if you throw out the stupid picks. But the stupid picks are killing us. Pick 2 and 3 were all on him, but the first pick Gates was supposed to cut inside because the LB had the Safety over the top and he just didnt recognize it. Comes from not practicing enough. He needs to get it together, but those of you calling for his head ought to check the waiver wire and see who else your going to get. I'd take Rivers every day over all but the top 5 QB's in the league. He just in a slump like many baseball players get into. He will get through it and be tougher for it.

Gilchrist - Kid has great skills but is just a little to green to be starting, give him another year of seasoning.

Gregory - He has heart, but just doesnt have the physical skills to stay with the best receivers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Yeah but we're now 1 game away from being tied with Tim Tebow's team, and thats just unacceptable.

14. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    Forgot Hester...... bigtime Bird. It is not like he is going anywhere after the catch anyway, catch the damn F'in ball you goon.

And forgot a ball for Novak. 4th rounder for Nate... anyone?, anyone?.

15. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Balls:
    Vincent Jackson – Monster performance with 141 receiving yards, and 3 touchdowns.

Darrell Stuckey – Recovered and prevented the batted onside kick from going out of bounds, and covered the pooch punt to pin the Packers near their own goal line.

Antonio Gates – Although still hurting, great performance with nearly 100 receiving yards, and a touchdown. His presence demands defensive attention, and makes VJ even more of a weapon.

Norv Turner – Well called offensive game, massive cojones with the timely onside kick.

Mike Tolbert – Good job shouldering the load, 89 rushing yards & a touchdown, 59 receiving yards and most notably, no fumbles on a very wet day.

Antwan Barnes – 2 sacks of the elusive Aaron Rodgers.

Vincent Brown - The rookie is starting to come on strong, 4 catches for 74 yards – could be another large, productive weapon for us when teams successfully scheme to neutralize Gates & VJ.

Nick Novak - Career long 52 yard field goal, successful onside kick. I look forward to his training camp battle with Nate Kaeding next August, we’ll be just fine no matter who wins it.

Dolphins & Broncos – Kept us tied for 1st place with their improbable victories, but unlike last week, we now hold the tiebreaker in the divisional race.

Birds:
    Philip Rivers – It’s kinda hard to give him a “bird” when he threw for nearly 400 yards & 4 touchdowns, but for the 2nd week in a row, he single handedly lost us the game. His 3 interceptions, especially the 2 early pick sixes, were the difference in the game.

Every Chargers player who failed to tackle, or simply whiffed on Charlie Peprah during his 40 yard interception return.

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    Gotta say I noticed this too, there was no real fight then to go get that guy, players were daydreaming it seemed as he waltzed through traffic.

17. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    Yeah, he didn't have to do much to score. It was kinda garbage. It's Raiders week now, let's goooooo!

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Birds: The Chargers
    Balls: The Packers

19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Balls: Jackson
    Tolbert
    Nice to see those 2 guys racking up yards

Birds: Gilchrist
    Manusky
    Jammer
    I don't know who is responsible for the crap coverage, but **** it, blame em all.
    Manusky deserves special mention for the comical 2 man rush at the end of the game. That worked out.

20. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    Cannot believe for 1 minute they have a 2 man rush play?, surely not?. If so the end of the world is nigh, not doubt about it and it is all Manusky's fault!!.

21. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Balls: The Vinces (Jackson couldn't be covered unless the ball was underthrown)
    D-line when given the opportunity (yeah that 2 man rush was an abomination)
    Birds: Gilchrist (4 td's resulted from your "coverage")
    Hester (start ballin' baller)

22. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Those work so well against Aaron Rodgers. Dude can't run, can't pass, our coverage will scare him into a pick.

Guaranteed:
    [​IMG]

23. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    balls: everyone is forgetting Donald butler, he didnt have a big impact but he was everywhere

24. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    I'm liking Butler alot especially coming back from the injury he had. He is essentially a rookie.

• Like Like x 1
  25. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    same here, the kid has great instincts, so far ive given him a ball every game he's played in

26. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Butler is hungry, shows that he wants to be a regular in that lineup, loves to hit. If the defensive geniuses could look into it, Gamble is another one that is everywhere on defense when he plays, makes things happen.

• Like Like x 1