1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Balls N Birds

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Oct 31, 2011.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    This was disturbing.

Balls
    Brinkley - First catch, first TD, big 2-pointer, big runs for a first down that should have iced it
    Floyd -- Nice effort tonight
    Weddle - 2 picks

Birds
    McNeiil -- Make it a double. 5 penalties and a sack allowed, absolutely awful
    Rivers -- Take the F'ING SNAP AND FALL!!!!!! WTF!!!!
    Norv -- WHY THE HELL DO YOU RUN A PLAY WITH LESS THAN A MINUTE AND THE OTHER TEAM HAS NO TIMEOUTS AND YOU ARE IN CHIP SHOT RANGE!!!!!

Point at this if we don't make the playoffs. I'm going to bed.

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Balls - Boonah. Weddle.

Birds - The 43 other players who dressed for the game. Norv Turner, Greg Manusky, AJ Smith, and the clowns who hired them.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Balls
    Brinkley - obviously
    Weddle - showing why he deserved big bucks
    Floyd - Great game
    Novak - another very good performance

Moderate
    Defense - two quarters outstanding play, some good performance, broke at the end

Birds
    Mcneil - worst game evah
    Clary - why is this SOB starting?
    Refs - Some real BS calls
    The Chargers sloppy play - Refs don't excuse all that ****
    Rivers - it might be a fluke snap but wtf
    Manusky - you suck
    Norv - you suck worse

4. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Watching Norv's presser now and I swear it looks like he is about to bawl like a baby...

5. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Balls = No one.. Nobody had any out there
    Birds = Everyone..

This team wins and loses as a TEAM.. nobody stands out.. atleast to me.. nobody gets special attention..

6. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    I don't blame him after how pathetic he's coached this team as of late. I just don't understand how he can look so surprised.

Haley just said take his hat off to san diego for the job they did. Clearly the underlying meaning here is that we handed them this game just like we handed rex ryan the w.

NORV IS THE ANTI-Alpha male!

how about weddle?

I think he deserves a ball.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
  8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Norv is the alpha beta

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.623397,-116.992825

• Like Like x 1
  9. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Weddle bit on the Baldwin touchdown.. he bit on the cross move and left Gilchrist with absolute no help.. he did get two INTs.. but they weren't anything special he followed the QBs eyes and just was in the right place at the right time..

He focuses more on the man coverage with ROOKIE CB GILCHRIST, helps him over the top gurantee its a INT for him, Gilchrist or Cassel throws it away..

10. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Hey guys, on the bright side, we're still in first place! (it's true, but sarcasm nonetheless)
    We've given away 3 games. Great. Norv has the most undisciplined unmotivated team of all time.
    We have a good team. We don't have good leaders...on the team or the coaching staff.
    Someone needs to light an effin' fire in someone's arse. I'm so done with Norv's patheticness.
    Oh look, everything I type goes back to the same subject....screw you Norv...time of possession doesn't count,
    you do know that right?

Oh yeah, balls...none.
    Birds..Norvall. That's it, would love to hear his excuses, but I'd just puke. Happy Halloween.
    Trix indeed.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  12. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    STEVE YOUNG just said we would be a championship team if our guys could forget about norv!! WHen they're in the locker room stressed out, just forget about norv and go out and win. Says alot, Norv's culture of underperformance and losing is costing us. Look at the difference a coach makes. Look at the 49ers last year vs this year. They lost like 6 in a row to star last year and now they have the second best record and look like the best team outside the packers. If a rookie coach can do it with them imagine what a good coach could do with this talented of a team!

13. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    OK you have a point. I just mean since he seemed to be the only player that even did some of the things that you'd expect of someone getting payed NFL type money!

14. Vardog

Vardog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Gilchrist got burned plenty of times tonight. Especially the 3 and 18 completion to Breaston in OT. 1-on-1 got and burned worse than Freddy Krueger....terrible.

15. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Balls- Weddle, Brinkley, Floyd

Birds- VJ, Rivers, The ENTIRE O-LINE, and fukin Ryan Mathews....Hurt once again, barely cleared 3 yards a carry, and fumbled. Kid is a glass piece.

16. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    At least Gilchrist can say he is a rookie and in a lockout shortened offseason. Its more embarrassing for the likes of cason(a typical AJ 1st round pick) when this stuff happens.

17. Vardog

Vardog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    True. And agreement on Cason for sure. Can that guy ever get closer than 8 yards off a receiver? Man, that's all a WR needs to do is take a few steps forward to drive Cason back to 10 yards and catch a pass.

18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Birds:
    AJ Smith: Crap drafting 2007-2009. Could you AJheads detail the guys from those 3 years of drafting that are still playing for us? Thanks. While you're at it, please demonstrate how you maintain a Super Bowl contender with that few quality draftees. Again, thanks.
    Philip Rivers: We can all guess the reason(s) why he's not focused throughout a game, but all that matters is that he's not focused throughout a game.
    Norv Turner: Hey Norv, they were covering Gates pretty good, but VJ was occasionally open in the RZ. Could you relay that to #17?
    The Refs: A good ref keeps his flag in his pocket unless it absolutely needs to get out.
    Manusky: Yep, it's true, he does tell his CBs to give everyone a massive cushion.
    Gruden: How many asses can you comfortably kiss every week?
    McNeill: Time to draft an OT
    Clary: Time to draft another OT

Balls:
    Brinkley: A game from the heart.
    Martin: Bad game last week, good game this week. Nice to see him back on track.
    Butler: Damn, now THAT was a good draft pick.
    Floyd: YAC!

19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    At best, he has a ways to go. If we have to make excuses for him, yet he's still starting, what does that say?

20. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    thats sad for our the status of this team!

21. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Our secondary isn't quite what was advertised....

22. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    our team wasn't quite what was advertised sadly :(

23. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    You can't be surprised by that though ;)

24. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    im not

25. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Balls:
    Curtis 'Boonah' Brinkley - Any chance I get to show the kid some respect I will take, and tonight he really earned it.
    Rushing - Besides a fumble, a nice night for Ryan Mathews as well
    Floyd - Huge night for Floyd with the molestation of Gates and Jackson all night.

Birds:
    Marcus McNeil - 5 penalties, blown snaps, blown protection. You've got to be better than this.
    Pass defense - no pressure, hardly any knockdowns and certainly none that counted for much, and weak play all around.
    Norv - What was the game plan anyways? How did it change? Two identical halves with boneheaded B.S. on both sides. Sounds like bad coaching

Rivers had a bad day, or excuse me "the worst day ever"
    [​IMG]

26. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    I don't think Norv should be taking so much hate right now.

Read through my post before you crucify me.

I dind't see poor coaching today. I saw poor execution. And that's on the players.
    I was pleased with the playcalling overall, and if the execution had been there, this game wouldn't have been close.

I can't blame Norv for all of Rivers mistakes. Some of you might feel okay with doing that, but I don't see why he should take the blame.
    The play calling was good. The passing was poor. Too many times tonight Rivers was overthrowing his receivers, or throwing the ball behind them. He forced the ball when he shouldn't have, and he had all around bad luck.
    Then there was whatever the hell happened on that snap.

This game was on Rivers, not Norv.

27. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    N4L change your ******* sig to something not seizure inducing

28. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Balls:
    Curtis Brinkley – Long reception to set up touchdown, followed by scoring the TD & the game tying 2 point conversion.

Eric Weddle – 2 interceptions to bring his season total to 5, third game this season with a late pick to thwart a potential game winning drive.

Malcom Floyd – 107 yards receiving, to include a 39 yard gainer.

Travis LaBoy – Active game with a sack, a near interception & a forced fumble.

Patrick Crayton – Only 3 receptions for 50 yards, but all of them went for 1st downs. Two of the three were big 3rd down conversions.

Antwan Barnes – 3rd down sack, and tackle for loss on another play.

Nick Novak – 4 of 5 on field goals, prevented game from becoming an early KC blowout

Quentin Jammer – Fumble recovery, gutted it out playing through cramps
    Birds:
    Philip Rivers – He cost us this game, pure & simple. 2 bad picks put us in an early hole, he came on strong in the 2nd half but lost focus & absolutely killed us by fumbling the snap from under center, while we were well within range for the game winning field goal.

Norv Turner – Yet again, this team fails to play a complete game. We often get either a good 1st or 2nd half, but never both. He’s not responsible for every one of the team’s screw ups, but we consistently see a penalty ridden, ill prepared team with no killer instinct, and that has no one fears or respects anymore.

Marcus McNeil – A walking, talking penalty tonite – numerous false starts, a hold & illegal hands to the face call in addition to getting owned by Tamba Hali all night.

Greg Manusky – Almost no pressure at all on Matt Cassell in 1st half, he was allowed to convert long 3rd down passes all night. Did Daryl Gamble even play? If our pass rushers aren’t getting there, how about an occasional corner blitz on a 3rd & long?

Referees – Two B.S. offensive PI calls against us in the end zone, the one on Gates was especially maddening. Antonio had to catch the ball 1 handed, because the KC defender was holding his other arm! Norv should be sending film to the league office to demand an apology on that one, it definitely altered the course of the game.

29. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I would agree in general, it’s not all Norv’s fault but as the man in charge, he is ultimately responsible, and accountable. If Philip Rivers is stinking it up with a couple of early turnovers & bad misses, Norv should have the balls to sit him for a series or two, & play Billy Volek – he couldn’t do any worse than Philip is currently doing and I’m not saying we should bench Rivers for the remainder of the game, just long enough to get his attention & keep his head in the game – no one is irreplaceable, and right now Rivers is doing us more harm than good.

Besides, we have stunk it up as a team lately, and have got beaten by a few average to mediocre quarterbacks. That is on Norv, he may be a good offensive coordinator & play caller at times (remember that pathetic 2 minute drill last week) but as the team’s Head Coach, he’s responsible for the performance or lack thereof of the entire team, and this is one undisciplined, uninspired & consistently unprepared group of guys.

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    The only balls I've seen from anyone on this team lately reside firmly on their chins.

• Like Like x 2