1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Balls N (Rat)Birds - Week 15

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Dec 18, 2011.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    This is one of those "what might have been" games if we miss the playoffs. So without further ado:

Balls
    The Whole Offense -- We took an elite defense, almose fully armed (save L. Webb) and absolutely incinerated it. No sacks allowed, no punts, no turnovers, no problem :D
    The Whole Defense -- Seven sacks, two takeaways. Ray Rice largely invisible. Special mention to Barnes, Phillips and Weddle
    Norv -- The game plan for this game was a masterpiece, executed perfectly
    Lions -- Thanks for shutting up the Black Hole in the final minute and maybe driving a nail in the Raiders
    Pats -- Thanks for preventing another week of Tebow-mania and planting the seed of doubt in the Donks

Birds
    Novak -- A minor irritation on the miss, but you gotta make everything inside 40

Have at it folks.

2. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Seconded.

I might throw a ball in there for the Cheifs, because how they played today gives me hope they can beat the Broncos.

• Like Like x 1
  3. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Amen... Great Game played by San Diego... im proud of them... December magic

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Balls:
    Rivers - Best game of the year.
    Gaither - Holy cow, this guy can play!
    Barnes - 4 sacks....are you kiddin?

Birds:
    Norv - Because it annoys Conc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Balls
    Offensive line...great job today.
    Floyd totally exploited his one on one match ups.
    D-line great job getting pressure on their Qb. five sacks!
    Coaching staff...good game plan!

Birds:
    Novak...as said above, can't miss that field goal!
    Jammer needs to freaking catch that ball!

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Please please let us get in playoffs. We can make noise.

Balls

The San Diego SUPER Chargers

Birds

No one.

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Balls:

Philip Rivers - nearly flawless. SD's leader is a model for franchise quarterbacks forever.
    Ryan Mathews - he was tenacious and Norv got him plenty of touches, especially when he was diving for the endzone.
    Front 7 - They absolutely overran the offensive line and owned Flacco like a Pop Warner QB.

Birds:
    Clary - the only black eye on the offense is clearly on the right side, his side. 66 gets tired, gets ruined. Rivers managed this game like a hall-of-famer but he has to because Clary is pure dog excrement.
    Secondary - No the Ravens never got rolling but the front 7 seemed to hold down the fort on defense.
    Tim Tebow - One more week of excitement? Dread? Worries? What is it with Norv? One more week with Norv turner as head coach and the Playoffs so close and yet so far out of reach. Thanks Timmy.

8. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I gotta take my hat off to every player and coach on the Chargers today!! Fan-bloody-tastic!!!

If you could get this team to win like that more often (i'm talking to you Norv) I might buy into you a bit more lol

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Balls:
    Rivers - This is the PR we all recognize & love
    Gaither - McNeill who?
    Tolbert - For the spin move on Ray
    Mathews - tough play, didn't let the fumble get him down
    Barnes - only wish he'd ripped that stupid-looking fu manchu off Flacco as well
    Spikes - great int & return
    Floyd/VJ - some highlight catches in there today
    Norv - great game plan. Having your weapons playing healthy makes a difference.

Baby Birds:
    Novak - coulda been first 6 scoring drives & some short kickoffs
    Jammer - hands of stone
    Run D- coulda been much worse but still pushed around more than I would like

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Balls
    The Chargers and the Coaching staff

Birds
    The fans who continually quit on the team

• Like Like x 2
  11. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Balls
    Norv - Spectacular play calling and game planning. Made our Oline look sevicable. Fingers crossed that we can get him as our offensive coordinator.

Secondary - The pass rush came from persistance. Persistance was made possible by good coverage down field.

Offense - Everyone. Full squad effort.

Birds
    None

12. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Balls:

Philip Rivers“Good Philip” makes his 3rd consecutive appearance, the man was an absolute surgeon last night! Eclipsed 4,000 passing yards for 4th straight season, only Peyton Manning & Drew Brees have also done that in NFL history.

Antwan Barnes – 4 sacks & an “assist” on SP’s interception, made sure his old team regrets letting him go.

Ryan Mathews – 10 yards shy of his 4th consecutive 100 yard rushing game, but eclipsed 1,000 yards on the season, and scored 2 touchdowns – could be turning into the versatile goal line weapon that LT was, and has by far the fewest carries of any 1,000 rusher in the NFL this year.

Shaun Phillips – SP was “beasting” all night, ½ a sack & an interception

Vincent Jackson – 84 yards on only 3 catches, but eclipsed 1,000 receiving yards for the 3rd time in 4 seasons. Very smart decision to run with the ball vice throwing it into double coverage on the trick play in the 1st series.

Takeo Spikes – Athletic interception & a very good return, even if the yardage was wiped out by the excessive celebration penalty – the old man is showing his legendary endurance, late into this, his impressive 14th NFL season.

Malcom Floyd – 5 catches for 96 yards, to include a touchdown. Anyone else here really glad he chose to re-sign with us vice going to Baltimore this offseason? He make a real difference in our offense, and keeps it explosive when teams focus on VJ or Gates.

Eric Weddle – Saved an early touchdown with his diving deflection, always seems to be near the ball when we need it the most.

Mike Tolbert“The Vulture” gets another short yardage touchdown, and his outstanding work on special teams cannot be overlooked either.

Chargers O-line – Terrific game by these men collectively, Rivers wasn’t sacked even once & the team rushed for 145 yards, to include two runs of 20+. Got 3 rushing touchdowns against a tough defense that doesn't give up many of them. Extra credit to Jared Gaither, another ex- Raven who made sure his old team did not forget him. His recovery of Ryan Mathews’ fumble in our 1st series was huge, kept our offense on the field & moving.

Greg Manusky – I’ve slammed him when our defense was inept, but must give him props now. Our defense dominated, holding Baltimore to only 89 yards rushing, (22 of them came on the 1st carry of the game) and pressuring Joe Flacco all night, sacking him 7 times & picking him off twice. (Really should’ve been 3 times, but Jammer dropped a relatively easy one)

Norv Turner – Apparently, the guy really wants to keep this gig! His game plan was absolutely brilliant, and executed to near perfection. We scored on our 1st five possessions, didn’t punt once in the game and only failed to get points on 2 offensive possessions – 1 was a missed field goal that hit the upright, and the other time was when we were running down the clock to end the game. The only thing missing was an appearance by Billy Volek, when the game was well in hand.

Baltimore wanted that game just as badly as we did, but Norv totally exposed that aging defense and gave them a brutal beating they won’t soon forget! We finally beat a team with a winning record, and we utterly dominated them! There is no chance that they simply “overlooked” us, the Ravens were desperately hoping to earn home field advantage and were in the mix for the top seed in the AFC but now will likely have to settle for the #5 seed and yet another road playoff game.

Birds:

None, although a few players came close to earning one and likely would’ve if the outcome of the game weren’t so one sided. It was another complete & impressive performance on both sides of the ball. If we do somehow sneak into the postseason, we seem to be peaking at the proper time. :helm1:

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Balls - Chargers
    Birds - Ravens

• Like Like x 1
  14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Were u @ the stadium yesterday?

15. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Balls: Philip ******* Rivers! That's my boy! Glad I didn't completely give up. After 08 I learned that it's not over unless ts mathematically impossible. I hope that they just aren't teasing us again like last year.

Birds: Run D coulda been a bit more solid, but whatever total defense did some work.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yep.

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    What was the energy like, it sounded like all the Chargers fans were rabid!?

18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    The energy was there from kickoff to about 4 min left in the game. The fans in the stadium have not given up, that's a fact. It was one of the better games in a while fan wise. There were a good deal of Ravens fans, but not as bad as the Raiders or Packers games when it seemed the opposing fans outnumbered us and were much louder as well. The fans showed up big time last night, it helps when the D is playing good football.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    The fans were consistantly loud and were going positively nuts each time the Chargers punched the Ravens in the mouth...figuratively speaking! The heavily outnumbered Ravens fans were as good as silent while Rivers and the offense were on the field. That was quite an evening!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    For my first game at the Q, sorry SnapDragon Stadium, in over four years, it couldn't have been better. I haven't heard San Diego roar like that since the beginning of 2008.

21. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    It was definitely rockin' last night - SO much fun when the crowd gets into it. I haven't heard it that loud on 1st/2nd down in awhile which was nice too. Ravens fans I came across were all really cool and then quickly silenced :sneaky: