1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bargain Basement: Legarrette Blount!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NORV4LIFE, Nov 14, 2009.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Legarrette Blount's Multi Million Dollar Sucker punch could save whoever is lucky to pick him up through free agency or the 7th round millions for a perfectly good RB!!! So what his personality makes him more suited to be Mike Tyson than a RB?!?!?!?

The chargers could use an enforcer/power back kinda guy. He could split carries with lt and sproles could be the reggie bush kinda guys!!!

THis would be perfect for us because he would cost nothing and he was considered a heisman candidate before he pulled a Ron Artest!!
    We all know that even though ron does some dumbass things he is still a good player and a good aquisition by the lakers...

Blount is the same. the bolts could still meet all their other needs and get him for pennies on the dollar llook at him go!!

NOW THIS WILL FOREVER BE KNOWN AS A BLOUNT!

AN artest...

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Right or wrong, that punch likely screwed him in AJ's eyes.

3. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    BUt that makes him even better bc now you can pay him very little and if he is has ryan leaf type issues its ok bc he goes into camp as the 3rd or 4th string back who is getting paid less than the kicker!

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    in your opinion, which isnt much as long as you wear a Burger King Crown.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm not denying that it dropped his value. :no:

What I'm saying is that AJ's track record doesn't point to taking a guy who has already had this type of issue. I'm not blackballing the kid for making his mistake, but I think that AJ would.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    I'd be willing to LOOK at him so long as I get a squeaky clean report from his coaches and staff that SINCE then he's been damn near a model citizen and he shows complete remorse for that screw up.

And even then I have a hard time believing he's more then a 6th rounder

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Intentionally punching a guy on the sidelines is not a mistake. An error in judgment, perhaps, but not a mistake.

Anyways, what Ant said.

8. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    THats the entire point. A 1st/2md rounder for the price of a 7th rounder or worse!!

9. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    What are u talking about. That guy he supposedly "punched" basically threw his face at Legarrett's fist... He was trying to injure his ball carrying hand... hahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Would you refrain from using a 1st or 2nd rounder on a (potential) star RB in favor of gambling on this guy?

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583

Blount is the kind of guy that gets drafted by the Patriots in the 5th round and becomes a SUPERSTAR.

Listed at 6'1 240, watch the physicality, watch the SPEED too boot. Dare I say, Adrian Peterson type talent.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Really?

How many RBs have the Patriots drafted in the later rounds that went on to become stars?

13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    You know what I mean, I'm not talking about RB's in general. The Pats are the type of franchise that take quesionable characters like Randy Moss, Brandon Meriweather, Corey Dillion....just for example....and they don't have a black mark on their resume since.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    Moss and Dillion were performers even while being malcontents, successful veterans.
    Meriweather had a bad rep but was nowhere near as bad as Blount.
    If anything the patriots are known for picking high character clean players.

15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    Fair enough. Its not like my opinion is going to sway AJ's, but I'd love to have that player on my team, I see an athletic freak with endless potential.

Far more potential than Marcus Thomas or Gartrell Johnson.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    What are the other realistic options in this draft?

17. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +344
    I am quite surprised that this is even a discussion in here.

I say no fuggin way should we even consider this *****. Not only did he punch an opposing team player, he then proceed to shove and push and fight his own teammates, then as he is walking out, trys to beat on someone in the crowd.

Why Oregon even let him back in, is a shame, and shows you what is wrong with sports today.

He is a ghetto thug that needs to pack up and go back to the hood.

18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    Because he's 6'1 240 and runs a 40yd dash in about 4.5. :yes: I've had this guy on my radar for 2+yrs now.

Feel free to get on your high horse and preach to us about how important it is for the Charger to keep their hands clean, but this guy is a major talent. And if all we have to spend on him is a 5th or 6th round pick I call that excellent value, and nobody can say we gave up too much or call him a huge bust in the small possiblity that it doesn't work out.

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Are you Al Davis' son?

20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    Did you watch the video son? Do you watch football at all kiddo? :icon_huh:

This guy was a clear cut projected 1st round pick and a heisman hopefull coming into this season for a reason. Most guys who average 6+ypc are 5'9 180lb scat backs....Blount runs over people as well as he runs around them.

I'm not saying pull an Al Davis and burn a 1st day pick on this guy. I'm saying we should absolutely take a flyer on him on day 2, and if he doesn't work out what have we really lost? Another Marcus Thomas? Another Gartrell Johnson?

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    whether or not I watched the videos is irrelevant to my satirical claim that you're Al Davis Jr for suggesting that we draft the guy because he has a good 40 time.

22. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Not that I expect AJ to consider him after the outburst BUT the guy in the crowd he went after did call him the N word... well screamed it at him anyway. That's when he straight up lost it.

:icon_shrug:

As for picking the kid, I agree with Ant... Kick his tires by all means - maybe he's had his wake-up call - maybe not. Somehow tho, I think any RB we draft will be a surprise kinda like English... not a 1st rounder but just someone we're all like "who?"

23. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    HAHAHAHAHA:icon_rofl: Thats a tip toe way to say you didn't watch the videos.

The measureables I gave you were just for starters, right away it should peak your interest. But allow me to summarize the videos you didn't watch.

The measurables.
    a) Size....check
    b) Speed....check
    c) Quickness.....check
    Now the stuff that gives him an edge over your typical college runningback.
    d) Desire, unwilling to go down after 1st (and 2nd) contact....check.
    e) Awareness, understanding where you are on the field......check.
    f) RB Moves, lower shoulder, stiff arm, juke, cuts, and hurdles.....check.
    g) Confidence, hits the hole with authority....check.
    h) Patience, waits for the hole to develop (a must in the Oregon system).........CHECK!

Where you might look at a guy like Spiller and question wether he can run between the tackles and his durability, we know Blount can carry the load. I'm tellin you I've had this guy on my radar for at least 2yrs, he is well worth a 2nd day pick. Or maybe a 3rd or 4th day considering the new draft layout.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Calm down, I was razzing you.

25. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    :icon_toast: Ok cool, I just wanted to make my point.

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    I was also drunk when I made those posts. :lol:

27. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Yea because we need those picks for other positions....

28. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58

Exactly. HE is a bruiser and we could use someone with his kind of talent. I think he learned his lesson and he could really help out. Plus he's got the intimidation factor.

29. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    I am totally down with giving this kid a chance in the 6th round range. I think he's got monster potential if he can keep his attitude together.

30. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeh. Hopefully he would be able too.... I don't know though... Imagine if it was him instead of shawn phillips that told josh mcdaniels he was gonna get his *** kicked. It would be ****** if he exploded but it would still be funny to see him beat the hell out of brandon marshall if he shoved him like he did to knowsean moreno......:icon_rofl:

Honestly, sometimes I wish they allowed fights in the NFl like in hockey... Not many times, but times like if that happened...

And hey... if A coach can beat the **** out of his assistents in the season and keep coaching or Mike SIngletary can drop his pants and they keep their job I don't see why legarrete shouldn't at least get a second chance until he blows up again...