1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Battle for the #1 draft pick: Rams vs. Raiders

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    If you're already looking to put together your '09 mock draft, the Rams are really the only team that can claim they were in the same stratosphere of suck as the Raiders this past week. It's shaping up to be a heated battle.
    The Eagles had their way with the Rams offensively, with the Rams defenders kindly allowing Donovan McNabb to pretend he was a young man again. Three hundred-yard receivers and a 81-yard rusher is an indication of an offense that didn't face a whole lot of resistance. And the Rams offense was even worse than their defense. Head coach (for a few more weeks, anyway) Scott Linehan openly admits that the same effort won't win a single game for the Rams this year.
    The glass-half-full-view? Number one draft pick, baby!
    That's the positive spin that Dallas Morning News columnist Rick Gosselin is putting on things in light of the Rams being shockingly awful in every phase of the game on Sunday. He's already planning what they can do with the first pick in the '09 draft.

Right now, the Rams are the worst team in the NFL, which would entitle them to the first overall pick in the 2009 draft. The best senior currently on that draft board is Georgia Tech defensive end Michael Johnson.​
    Just four more months of sitting through painful football, and then you can start looking ahead to another young stud defensive lineman. Feel the glory, Rams fans.
    But I think it's awfully disrespectful of Gosselin to just ignore the Raiders like that. Their performance on Monday night was a clear indication that they're not letting go of that #1 overall pick without a fight. This has the potential to be an epic battle.

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  3. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Chiefs will overtake them both

4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Yes! I believe top draft picks keep Al Davis alive.
    May the next generation of phenominal college players be forever doomed to a terrible carreer playing for the Raiders.

5. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Pick the Chiefs to win this week, I bet you'll win! :lol:

6. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    The Raiders purely suck. Here's a fun game I'd pay to see. The showdown in the Collesium: The Oakland Raiders @ The University of Southern California Trojans. Any takers?

7. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    USC would stomp Oakland......

8. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434

Is this the guy who wrote this articles #1 on HIS draft board or is this your #1 on YOUR draft board?

9. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    I think that's the quote so it's #1 on the writer's draft board.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Right now, I would put my money on the Raiders!!!

0-16... Come on Raiders. You can do it!!! :tup:

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: I'd go.

Hell... pul them up against the top CFL or AFL team!!! :lol:

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    a few more injuries and they're shoe in to win nada, but looking at the Rams schedule, it could come down to a tie breaker for the #1 choice-with the Rams getting the nod for difficulty of schedule(I think). There isn't much to choose from so it's come down to who gets banged up more.

13. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I'm sorry and i'm prob. going to get bombed for this but i think the rams will get the number draft pick. They just suck really badly.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The Rams suck but I think the Raiders suck more.

A Monday Night Season Opener on their turf... where's the passion?
    The only reason why they weren't shut out is because the Broncos defense realized they could relax with a 24-0 lead in the third quarter.