1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

BBQ City Squaws get an old Priest for Sunday services

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Priest Holmes will attend the Squaws Training Camp - USA Today

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The lights are on, but nobody's home.:bolt:

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
  4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Larry Johnson's fantasy value is taking a hit with this bit of news. Unless he winds up in Green Bay...

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This guy is dangerously delusional. If I were him I'd watch the games on satelite from San Tropez.

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Just to clarify # 95 was in on that hit as well. Dude can't get no love. :lol: :bolt:

7. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    It's like being Jesus' brother:

"Why can't you be more like your brother!?!"

"Because he's the Messiah!"

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Oh Priiiiiest....guess what?

LIGHTS OUT!!!! :lol:

9. knowsthebolt

knowsthebolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Seriously though, what kind of shape will this guy be in? Football shape? What happens the first time he takes a good hit?

10. knowsthebolt

knowsthebolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    If you have the 2nd pick stay away from LJ, workhorse or not after a season where had 416 carries, his chances of getting another 350 seems remote. 750+ carries in 2 seasons sounds like an injury waiting to happen, take Stephen Jackson.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Stephen Jackson was the man from me last year, I stole im in round 2 of my ff draft. Everyone was like OH ****! when they realized they all had totally forgotten about him as hey were going after WR's. I finished 2nd in large part to have 2 solid backs.

12. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    No doubt.

13. HeatMiser

HeatMiser BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I think this is great news, except for Chiefs fans. Why?

Holmes may or may not be able to play at the level he performed at in the past. Chances are strong that he will not because he hasn't played football for quite a while and he can't help but be a little tentative given the seriousness of his last injury.

This is a nightmare for Hermy Edwards. Now, he has to split carries that Larry Johnson wants (that is if the headcase shows up and plays this year and his contract gets resolved). Hermy can't possibly keep both Holmes and Johnson happy. I look forward to shots of LJ pouting on the sideline and the Hermy press conferences afterwards.

Holmes is a higher character guy than Johnson and I am sure he is more popular with his teammates. This will divide the team and highlight Johnson's selfishness. Who is the leader on offense now?

If the Chiefs cut Holmes, what kind of signal is that to the veterans (who are already smarting after the way Trent Green was treated)? Even Matt Millen would not be stupid enough to trade for Holmes, so either the Chiefs keep him or cut him. He already indicated he is not retiring.

Chiefs can't win, no matter what they do on this one.

14. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Another nail in the chefs coffin for last place in the AFC West. Yup, even below oakland. The OL is toast. The QB left town. The RBs are either holding out or one hit from retirement. The DBs are a year older and even slower.

As fun as it is to bag on the raiders they have significantly better talent overall than kc. The only advantage kc has over oakland is probably TE.

15. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

Bobcat Goldthwait reference FTW!:lol: Seriously, if Holmes comes back I agree that it could cause all kinds of havoc in the locker room. One more reason to hope the Bolts beat the Chefs in K.C. this season. Plus how many hits before he gets taken out again? :icon_huh: