1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

BCS Bowl matchups.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carrie1219, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=885360

I'm kind of thinking about going to the Rose or Sugar bowl.... N.O. could be a blast over New Years....Expensive too...:icon_huh:

Much better chance of making the Rose Bowl since I'll be in CA earlier that week.... I'll bet tickets are $$$$$$$$$$

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I am so bummed! I was really hoping Oregon State would get the Holiday Bowl :(

3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Clemson - the Chargers of the NCAA. So much hype, so much promise, so much sucking.

4. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I still think USC would clobber either Florida or Oklahoma on a neutral field.

5. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'm just glad the Utes aren't playing USC... However, they'll be playing in New Orleans, which is sooo close to Alabama... Not fair! :lol:

6. ntman68

Ratings:
    +139
    Colin Cowherd was going off this morning on the BCS for including Utah. I totally disagree with him. I mean, they are all Division 1-A, right?

I do fear that Alabama is going to cream them that close to home, though.

7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Me too. :tdown:

Oh, and Colin Cowherd can KMA.

8. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...In the past I'd have to agree with you but not now. I still think USC could beat either of these teams but not by much. Alabama is a pro style offense much like USC's without anywhere near the explosiveness and weapons that USC possesses. USC's defense is every bit as good as Bama's and just as fast. Alabama was one face mask penalty away from possibly taking out the Gators. Oklahoma is harder to call because their passing precision is off the charts. I think the Trojans would have to play much like Okie State did, balanced run and pass and take away all those bubble screens and quick passes that the Cowboys had no answer for. Obviously USC's defense is better than Ok. State, so I think the Trojans would take them.

It's a match-up that won't happen unfortunately but I'd love to see it. I'm picking the Gators to beat the Sooners though, especially if Percy Harvin can go.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    this is getting too ridiculous, they need a playoff system so bad

how did the poinsettia bowl luck out with TCU and Boise State? That's awesome!

10. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    How does Cinncinati and VaTech get the nod in a BCS game over

Texas Tech

What a bunch a crap

:tdown::tdown::tdown:

11. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    :icon_rofl: Yea Right :icon_rofl:

12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    :yawn: As soon as college football has a better system to crown a champion than figure skating and synchronized swimming, let me know.

13. ntman68

Ratings:
    +139
    I don't have anything against Florida and I think they will beat Oklahoma, but I think they are a bit too gimmicky. USC, as mentioned before, play like a pro team... nothing too fancy, just their guys beating your guys. You can get away with that when you have dominating talent. The biggest problem with USC is they tend to play down to their competition, but when the lights and cameras are on for a big game, they are downright terrifying.

14. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I think there needs to be a playoff system in place so we can get past the hypothetical opinions. :tup:

15. ntman68

Ratings:
    +139
    That's not going to happen, so let the wild homerish speculation begin! :lol:

16. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Lets do this: The system should be the four bowl games leading way to semifinals played in brand new NFL stadiums, Lucas Oil stadium & that behemoth the Cowboys are getting. Then the Natl Championship game can be held on this weird rotating schedule they have now for good measure - so as not to undermine the owners that have so much invested in the flawed system.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Easy, Gramps. VT gets it by virtue of winning the ACC.

Don't be dumping on my Hokies. :no:

I'll stuff your snow-snorkel full of something nasty!! :icon_tease:

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  19. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    We've agreed on something since the election... :icon_mrgreen:

20. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :lol::lol::lol:

not dumping on them,

but geez how does TT not get in??

:icon_shrug:

21. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Because it's an automatic invite, Big East versus ACC. It stinks but it is what it is. There should be some serious tweaking in the bowl system to make sure a Texas Tech gets matched where they deserve instead of these stupid auto invites. This is EXACTLY the reason Brian Kelly chose to coach at Cincy and probably will stay there. It's a weak conferance and it's one of the ones that gets an automatic invitation.

22. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Yet another reason the BCS is a complete joke. The ACC is not a good conference; it doesn't come close to earning an automatic bid and yet it is granted BCS status. That goes for the Big East as well. I'd love to see that flipped - remove automatic bid for Big East entirely and use the Orange Bowl for the ACC to whoop on wildcards. Utah v. VaTech w/ Texas Tech v. Alabama could be interesting.