1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bears Hester to triple work as receiver

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reg, Jun 24, 2008.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Who cares?

2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Knock of the crap. Your are starting to be annoying.

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    me :yes:

4. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    The Bears need him to, because their offense looks to be absolutely abysmal next year. Hester and Olsen should be a couple of good weapons in the passing game for them, but they have no runningbacks, and are they even going to field a QB next season?

5. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    ahhhhh.... football fans? :icon_shrug:

If he can catch the ball Hester should be a freakin' highlight reel all season. He makes me think of guys like Dante Hall and (to a lesser extent) Darren Sproles. If they get the rock into his hands with just a crack to slip through... look out.

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    fantasy sleeper??

:icon_shrug:

7. Steve

Steve BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    How the Bears are using Devin Hester is a good example of how to use developing young players. Developing talent in how we have gotten to be as good as we are and how we will remain on top. While not as prodcutive, both Davis and Naanee where getting around that much work at WR late last season.

If you take the 10-12 snaps and triple it, the bears look to have 30-36 snaps, which is something like half the plays they will run in a given game. There have been some rumors about how much we may be trying to run more 3 WR sets, but for teams who can find the right personnel groups, you will see more teams playing 3 WR.

8. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Why not do it if you are the Bears. He's the only decent player to play on offense for them, and he's not even a regular offensive player. They don't have a good QB, WR or RB. Might as well use Hester any way they can.

9. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    These random threads are forum cloggers, a waste of space, pointless topics setup by a guy who wants to give the impression that he's well informed.

All it tells me is that he's got way too much time on his hands.

10. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I'm with you 100%.

These random football threads in a football forum are annoying as hell. Thank god we have you here to set everyone straight.

• Like Like x 1
  11. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Your welcome. ;)

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Are you suggesting this is less topical or relevant than the imaginary numbers associated with our team by a video game manufacturer?

13. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :icon_huh:

:lol:

:tdown:

:yes:

sounds like a closet video gamer to me.

:lol::lol::lol:

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Your mom wants you to empty the trash.

• Like Like x 1
  15. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    He's going to want out of Chicago next year. He's going to complain that he isn't getting enough stats and doesn't want to be a ST star. He's there only player and he's going to bail. O well.

16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Ok, let me just roll out of bed and tell your mother its time for her to go home.

17. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Yep I agree. :tup:

Now back to Devin Hester. If he would get time as a receiver then he would then be considered a true Iron Man of Football.

I would then become a big fan of his because it would boost his CB skills ten fold due to him be a receiver as well. He would be able to read routes better and react to those routes better. A possible shut down corner.

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Headline: Hester to triple work at receiver

Translation: Bears, desperate for a real receiver, overworking star returner

Thinking: well wtf would you do if you had Mushin Muhammad, Mark Bradley and Brandon (SPIT) Lloyd as your top three receivers???

Rex Grossman: I'm bad enough as is, my receivers suck already and now I gotta hit a speeding bullet with a football? ****!!!!!!

19. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    pretty much. they even brought booker back which really shows desperation. although i like rashied davis in the slot and their 2 TEs, they really have nothing at WR. they should let Orton play, he got them to the playoffs before.

20. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Actually Muhammad re-signed with Carolina about a month or so ago, so the Bears are even worse off.

21. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    As opposed to somebody who bothers to view a thread, when he can already tell by the title that it holds no interest for him, and then actually posts in it multiple times.

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Well there seems to be a lot of threads right now that no one cares about, all seem to be posted by the same guy, a COWBOY fan who calls himself reg.

And I also noticed there has been less of it since I called him out on it.

23. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :clap:

So because you were dick, we're getting less football news.

Great job! :tdown:

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    when more charger news comes we will post it - i've added a few new charger threads to discuss, go in there. Unfortunately if there is no charger news we need something new to talk about

25. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I agree with you (no sarcasm) but I guess we're in the minority :icon_sad:

I don't mind the occational "other team" thread once in a while when the "news" is relevant but seeing 10 threads of other teams all by the same guy is kinda annoying :tdown:

26. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I know I'm a sour bitter jerk who is sick of this long stupid offseason, and I'm ready to whack the next person who brings up the topic of Pacman Jones, and it doesnt help that the Padres SUCK again right now....

But all I'm asking for is some point to the threads being started, dont just start one because your bored.

27. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    It'll be okay man... the offseason is tough on all of us. And I can agree that there have been a couple maybe not-so-relevant posts here in the main forum...

I used to go to nfl.com and espn.com all the time, regular season, off season, whenever. But for longer than I can remember now I pretty much just come here when I want the latest NFL news. I guess that's on me for being lazy, but all I'm tryin' to say is that if reg didn't post it, I'd never know it, and I want to know basically everything that's happening with every single team.

But there's nothing wrong with getting a little annoyed sometimes. :lol: