1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bears Trade for Gaines Adams

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NatroneMeansBusiness, Oct 16, 2009.

1. NatroneMeansBusiness

NatroneMeansBusiness BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Chicago gave up a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams the DE from TB. Did Chicago steal him from Tampa Bay or did they give up too much???? What do you think? I think they overpaid I don't think he is worth a 2nd round pick but I think I would reconsider the trade for a 4th rounder a conditional pick and throw in a scrub for added measure.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-10-16/bucs-trade-de-gaines-adams-bears

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Why did they trade him? He was their top pick just a few years ago

3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Adams has been nothing like what they thought he would be.

I am pretty sure his contract is coming either this year or the next and to get a second for a guy who really is just average is a steal IMO.

I think the bears gave up to much

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    do the bears have any draft picks left? :icon_shrug:

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    The local media has been hating Adams since I have lived here. He had one decent game this year, and if ypou look at the tape, the guy gets tossed around all day with no tackling ability, and no pass rush.

Raheem morris een called the guy out first day of training camp saying "either he has double digit sacks, or he's a bust". Or something like that.

I think the kids a head case, and at 6'5 260 he still hasn't grown into his body.

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The Bucs are a mess.

7. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    I actually like Adams, as young defensive ends go i think he'll eventually be quite good, maybe just not a good fit in Tampa, though he did get some sacks.

Maybe Tampa took him too high in the draft and therefore expected too much of him, but i'd have probably given up a second round pick to bring him here, he'd be a definite upgrade over Cesaire and could be decent alongside Luis.