1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Because it has to be asked & answered

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Have we beaten a "real" team yet? :icon_huh:

Since we were told about how sh!tty the Giants are/were, what's the excuse now? :icon_shrug:

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    This is the problem with such arguments. For the non-believers, if we beat a team, they are ****** by definition because we are ******. It's a circular argument that can't be reasoned against. It's just like saying Norv sucks regardless of how the team plays. If we make it to the AFC Championship game, the Norv-haters say that a better coach would have taking us farther. If we win the SB, they will say that we won it in spite of Norv.

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    The way our schedule looks we may not play a real team until we play the Bengals (yes the Bengals) or until we get to the playoffs.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    No. The Giants are awesome, because they have Eli. :rolleyes:
    ESPN feeds that to you and you eat it. :yes:

Eagles are a decent team, though they probably won't be in the playoffs due to inconsistently. Still, yesterday was a great win.

The other teams we've beat so far suck a**!!!
    Though I agree with CoronaDoug, but winning in Denver might not be so easy either.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    No the excuse to beat down the Chargers this time will be that, except for the season opener, every team the Bolts beat had also lost the week before. So the Bolts got them on the downswing.

Who cares? A win is a win.

5 years from now, the only thing people will remember is if you won the game, not the condition the opponent was in at the time.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If you want to b*tch and fuss... talk to the creator of this thread. Maybe he'll invite you over for a squirrel dinner. :lol: :icon_rofl:

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yup - every team is sh!tty AFTER we beat them.

:lol:

9. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    last time I checked: those 6 wins were all against NFL teams. We won them.

Just like Denver lost to the Redskins. They're a real NFL team too.

You have to win em, ain't nobody gonna give em to ya. Well except the Raiders some weeks.

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Well if we beat Denver "somebody" will say "we're supposed to be teams in our division"; if we beat KC in our house "somebody" will say "they're a ****** team and we're supposed to beat them"; if we then beat Cleveland then "somebody" will say "they're the worst team in the NFL, we're supposed to beat them", etc.

(You get 3 guesses as to who "somebody" is and the first two don't count. :icon_tease:)

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Beat Denver in Denver and B4L will say it's because Kyle Orton was out.

Beat KC again at home and he'll say it's KC.

Beat the Browns in Cleveland and he'll say it's Cleveland

Beat the Cowboys in Dallas and he'll say it's because Wade Phillips is a horrible head coach.

Beat the Bengals at home and he'll say it's because the Bengals have never been good, are not used to winning, and that we should always win at home anyways.

Beat Tennessee in Tennessee and he'll say it's Tennessee and Vince Young sucks.

Beat the 'Skins in San Diego and he'll say it's the 'Skins and we should always win at home... and Jim Zorn sucks.

Go 13-3 in the regular season and he'll say that Norv was handed a 14-2 team and we should always go at least 13-3 in the regular season.

Win the first playoff game and he'll say we should win the first one anyways.

Win the AFCCG and he'll say we should've been in the Superbowl every year anyways.

Win the Superbowl with Norv at the helm?

and... (HIS HEAD GOES BOOM!)

[​IMG]

Gawdam I can't wait for that day. :lol::icon_party:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Singing to the choir, coach. Some pupils require a little more focused attention than others. :yes:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    A which of those three statements are untrue?
    Please enlighen us.

14. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    Beat Denver in Denver and B4L will say it's because Kyle Orton was out.

Beat KC again at home and he'll say it's KC.

Beat the Browns in Cleveland and he'll say it's Cleveland

Beat the Cowboys in Dallas and he'll say it's because Wade Phillips is a horrible head coach.

Beat the Bengals at home and he'll say it's because the Bengals have never been good, are not used to winning, and that we should always win at home anyways.

Beat Tennessee in Tennessee and he'll say it's Tennessee and Vince Young sucks.

Beat the 'Skins in San Diego and he'll say it's the 'Skins and we should always win at home... and Jim Zorn sucks.

Go 13-3 in the regular season and he'll say that Norv was handed a 14-2 team and we should always go at least 13-3 in the regular season.

Win the first playoff game and he'll say we should win the first one anyways.

Win the AFCCG and he'll say we should've been in the Superbowl every year anyways.

Win the Superbowl with Norv at the helm?

That is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::yes::tup::icon_rofl: :icon_eek: :icon_toast:

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I can't wait for a Chargers Super Bowl win either.

Difference... I want it because I'm a Chargers fan. You want it just so you can post bad things about me. Well that day comes... you, Sydlish, Conc, and who ever else can sit in all week ragging on me while me and the rest of the REAL fans are out celebrating!!!

BTW.. I'm gald you realize that I always tell the truth. Because witrh the exceptiong of Bengals, Dallas, and AFCC, all of that is the absolute truth. We should beat Denver with or without Orton.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Oh, so NOW we want a SB victory just to taunt you over it? Not because we too are Chargers fans.

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR

So, to sum things up, we have B4L: The one TRUE Chargers fan, and the rest of us fake Norv worshiping B4L hating fans. Got it?

You know what Allan? I used to like you and think you were a pretty cool guy and fun to hang out with. Now I'm not so sure I could be bothered to piss on you if you were on fire.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Oh lookie, "SOMEBODY" replied! And on the first guess too!

[​IMG]

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Well, don't worry B4L... I'd piss on you if you were on fire.

I got your back. :tup:

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    First off... I didn't put you in that catagory, you did.

Second... let's read nicks statement again.
    "Win the Superbowl with Norv at the helm?
    Gawdam I can't wait for that day."

That day comes, I'll be too busy celebrating and being happy to care about Norv, who's upset, or whatever else.

As for everything else, you're a good guy and like I said (and you agreed to) "what's said in the forum, stays in the forum."
    I sure as Hell never walked to the BT area with a chip on my shoulder because somebody said this or that about me.

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You all get dumplings with your squirrel dinner. :tup:

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Gee thanks Uncle Buck! Can we get some extra special squirrelie sauce too? :lol:

22. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    F THE BRONCOS

23. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You can milk squirreles...

24. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I think the people that say "your team hasn't beat anyone", the anyone they are usually referring to is Indy, NE, Pitt, NYG, but I gotta think those same people would add the Vikes and Saints to the list this year, so no, I guess we haven't beat anyone yet. Aside from the gnats.

Don't have much control over our schedule though, and if we played those teams consecutively I'm sure we would beat one or two of them at least, wouldn't make me feel any better about beating "somebody" and having a losing record, they don't examine who your wins came against prior to post season play.

25. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I don't know why the Giants are in there, they are not that good this year.

26. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I don't think "somebody" would say that if we beat the Colts, the Vikings, the Saints, the Bengals or a few other teams.

Teams are ultimately defined by beating the best. So far, they haven't had the opportunity to define themselves.

27. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I agree, but the people who say that would most likely include them based on their recent success I suppose.

28. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Point is, that "somebody" isn't satisfied with ANY win we get. We can only try to beat the teams we're scheduled to play. I'm not going to sit back and say "gee...that win against Philly was NICE, but I would rather beat Indy or Cincy".

29. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Actually... you CAN WAIT. Because YOU WANT THIS TEAM TO LOSE THE REMAINDER OF ITS GAMES THIS SEASON.

Remember?

So please stop lying and eat some squirrel.

30. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    You are a self-absorbed joke. You have no idea just how little respect people have for your oft-regurgitated opinions. Don't you realize that no one cares about you? They are just annoyed by you. It's not the same thing as caring. No one wants to win the SB so they can throw it in your face. You aren't that important. Get over yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.